The Glowing Man - 8/10

>Shit-tier
The Seer
To Be Kind
The Glowing Man

TS = TBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burning World > TGM

TS>TGM>TBK>TLK>ALT>KSJ>STFTB>LSID>SIAF

Kind of wrong.

Wew. You guys should Skype with one another while you slit your wrists.

The Seer - 6/10
TBK - 9/10
TGM - 8/10

The Seer - 8.5/10
TBK - 9/10
TGM - 9/10

The Seer: 8/10
To Be Kind: 6/10
The Glowing Man: 7/10

The Seer 9/10
To be Kind 9/10
The Glowing man 9/10

The Seer: 10/10
To Be Kind: 10/10
The Glowing Man: 9/10

TS>TGM>TBK
Explanation edition

I fucking love each and every one of these albums, but the seer to me is the best of the 3 simply for the imagery painted through the music, everything that we hear on the album is what the seer sees interpreted through music. Funnily enough I hadn't actually listened to this album entirely until about 2 weeks ago.

Tgm is great I think it's a perfect send off for this iteration

The reason I put TBK last is I just feel there less consistency with it like thematically. I love the energy and all the songs but it just doesn't compare to tgm and ts for a straight through listening experience

This is completely agreeable.

strawpoll.me/10496686/

bump

Thanks famboo

bumpu

this is mine

I assume we're not counting My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope to the Sky in this Swans incarnation?

MFWGMUARTTS > The Seer > Glowing Man >>> To Be Kind

the strings and brass on their 2010 album honestly make one of the best things they've ever done, while TBK lacked them and was boring as sin

Okay so over the last three days I gave each album a first listen in order from The Seer to The Glowing Man, and after a single listen without having much time to digest them all in their entirety, I think I'd rate them like this.

The Seer > The Glowing Man > To Be Kind

I think each record is about a 9/10 and I'm totally in love with the sound this band managed to create over these three records. I think The Seer is the strongest because it's the most cinematic and "epic", and I feel that this quality is central to their art in this lineup so it achieved that goal the most. The Glowing Man I think is actually the limpest, it doesn't rock as much as either of those two, nor does it have as many crescendo's. Instead it's more ambient and droney and delves into really broken feelings more-so than the other two, and I think it's spectacularly cohesive and manages to glide to a stop without becoming boring, which is really fucking impressive considering all these albums are two-hour long post-rock records.

To Be Kind is last despite having the grooviest, punchiest songs out of them all, and I think that's because it feels a little bit scattershot. It's really hard to rank them and my list could basically change tomorrow but after a single go through of each record, that's my opinion, and I think they've brought this sound to its absolute limits and ended at the perfect time.

Thanks for better explaining what my high self couldn't
If this isn't contrarian b8
What makes 'my father' so great to you, it's one of the few swans albums that I haven't listened to fully through

The Seer > The Glowing Man > To Be Kind in terms of atmosphere

The Glowing Man > The Seer > To Be Kind in terms of consistent enjoyment.

So TS=TGM > TBK

1. the personal, spiritual feel of the lyrics
2. like i already said the strings, brass, orchestration, whatever you want to call it is amazing to me. it showed up a bit on the seer but moreso here.
3. the songs are structured like actual songs instead of 30 minute ambient drone rock that you have to really be dedicated to listening to. it gets to the point without being shallow.
4. look at me go (the disc 2 bonus track) actually does that concept very well, evens out the album length to compare to their last three, but isn't vital to the listening experience

maybe i am a contrarian but it honest to god is the one swans album i find myself revisiting the most.

tbk > tgm > seer

Bump, pls vote everyone

This sums it up perfectly

TGM = TBK > TS

memedog>>memebaby>memehand

Did TGM leak or something?

where were you for the last week

Graduating, senpai

congratulations famalam
enjoy new swans

The link in the archive is down, does anyone have a new link for TGM?

I just dl'd from this one in the archive. Tagging for future searches.
Swans - The Glowing Man
mega.nz/#F!NBJRBSoS!Been6cSuAbPIXbYpzNS8cw

Thanks friendo

I want CD rip desu
can't believe we don't have it yet

The Seer 8/10
To Be Kind 9/10
The Glowing Man 10/10

TBK > SEER >= TGM

The Seer>The Glowing Man>To Be Kind

I've come to terms with the fact that I will never be able to rank these three albums, for me they're so equal that every day I could have a different preference. They're all very different but they're an inseparable trilogy and are consistent against the odds across their 6-hour runtime.

I don't like TGM as much as TS and TBK yet. Maybe it'll grow.

The Seer = TBK > TGM