Just out of curiosity

So, much to my own disappointment, I don't come here like I used to and wondered how much Sup Forums's taste has changed since last I frequented back in 07 or whatever.
Got any good bands you like, knowing that most nobody you know does, i.e. New Guilty Pleasure?.Mine's one that has never and will never change. Whatchya think?

turn back now lest your fond memories be forever tainted

oh fuck.. is this like ALL of Sup Forums now too? I've noticed quite a few other boards have gone to shit that used to be amazing as well... God dammit. why does everything have to be Sup Forums?

liking primus - especially Frizzle Fry is nothing to be ashamed of

I would say it's definitely not as bad as it was in like 2012 but MBDTF ruined this board and only by diving headfirst into a sea of dank memes have we all found the will to keep posting

tbqh Death Grips made this board exciting again for a while but they hardly need us anymore

Yeah I've gathered.They're not really a "guilty" pleasure of mine but I've found a lot of people I've mentioned them to were fairly interested but still give me this look like "Wow, you must be autistic". That may also be because I immediately tell them I'm a BIG time Residents fan as well lol

I don't know how the board was back in '07 but I would say compared to a lot of other boards Sup Forums is pretty solid. It's not entirely difficult to have good musical discussion but it really depends on if people are interested and if the band/artist has become an overblown meme.

God that's so true. I've pretty much sustained off of here now better than I used to... I see better posts that have helped build my library more frequently than it used to for some reason.
Still seems different though. I'm an ex Sup Forumstard so the process isn't unfamiliar lol. also here's mine

>That may also be because I immediately tell them I'm a BIG time Residents fan as well lol
yup, that'll get you looks even though they're great

I've been listening to The Books and Lemon Demon a lot lately, obviously I can't share either

>I'm an ex Sup Forumstard
aren't we all?

you mean like fucking Neutral Milk Hotel??
Jesus dude I live in Athens Georgia, their "home town", and I fucking hate them honestly. Jeff Mangum is a fucking jerk off in person.

>Jeff Mangum is a fucking jerk off in person.
elaborate

Either you misread my post or you're a shite troll. Either way nothing I said would insinuate that I like (or dislike) NMH.

lol, no? primus is generic, gimmicky rock music with cringeworthy aesthetics and sense of humor. That is something to be ashamed of

ok thanks for sharing

OH no no I was mentioning them out of example lol. My bad, not my intention at all. I've just seen "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" a LOT on here and haven't figured out if it's meme work or what.

nah it's a good album

damn... you're cold son.
>Sense of humor
>critiques them seriously

Oh my bad. I read it is "you mean you like NMH?" not as "you mean like NMH?"

And yes exactly. You can't really discuss that or other memed albums because it's just shit posting.

>Primus
>Generic

holy shit nice opinion m8, you might want to refrain from posting any more as we'll be reeling from this one for a long time

>calls primus generic
But they're not, and you know that. You know you have a shit argument when you have to lie to try and critique a band you don't like.

He's schizophrenic.
The asshole he is.

>judging people with mental illness

I think some Sup Forums came in on this one lol
For OP i have one for ya. I get some "Looks" from this one alright

are you drunk

yes but that's beside the point.

>generic

it's alt rock with the bass played as the lead instrument, guitar mostly used for texture and atmosphere, singer with a weird country/hick thing going on and surrealist lyrics. like it or not, in what world is that generic?

still just an alt-rock with a gimmick or two

the "athmospheric" guitar gets old really quick m8