Headphones

My shitty headphones broke and I'm looking to properly invest in a good pair of headphones this time. Looking for something around $100 in Canada. Was looking into buying pic related (AKG K 240 Semi-Open Studio Headphones) but they may be shit since I plan on wearing them outside a lot. Any other recommendations?

Also general headphone discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

akg.com/pro/p/k240mkii
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

m50 meme cans are pretty good for its price

>m50
considered it but they are close to $200 in Canada

how bout some Philips SHP9500 or the Sennheiser HD280 Pro. K240 need a strong amp to be powered. The ones I mentioned are pretty loud nuff.

anywhere to buy headphones cheap other than amazon?

Or just go with M40x. They're pretty good

have you tried new egg? Everybody seems to be using it in the west

This. All memes aside, they are great headphones. If the m50 are too expensive you might want to look into the sony mdr 7506. Next to the m50 these are said to be the best in that price category. People recommend the m50 for listening experience and the mdr 7506 for a more neutral sound.

I own the m50s and they are pretty good, however they're a bit of a pain if you wear em for a few hours or more.

Anyone recommend anything more lightweight?

is it the weight or the clamping or the headband?

>I plan on wearing them outside a lot
The only headphones that are socially acceptable in public are ear buds and compact 30 mm drivers such as PortaPro and Sound Blaster Jam.
Anything else will make you look like a retard.

"That guy is wearing headphones... in public! What a retard!"

Don't be so self-conscious

the weight. theyre comfy, they just start to strain my neck after awhile.
sadly this is a good point i never wear my cans in public because theyre bigger than my head

I have those cans, can confirm they're shit for wearing outside. Let a lot of noise in and out, plus, the wire is like a million miles long.

Great for home use, though.

The MKII's they're better and come with a coil cord that's better suited to outdoor use, just watch the impedance.
akg.com/pro/p/k240mkii
The best are Grado SR80e I've have the original 80's and they're fantastic.

>HD280 Pro
Looking into these. $90 used on Amazon.

A lot of the cans posted here are 1.5-2x the price in Canada.

I've got a pair of Shure SRH840s coming in the mail. Did I make a bad decision?

You Shure did!

I've got a pair of m50s and the only downside is that after a lot of wear the fake leather on the headband starts creasing and peeling, and you can't replace it. I've had mine for 2+ years and I pretty much wear them everyday on the computer

I wear m50x in public all the time. Couldn't give less of a fuck.

weird..i'm wearing these right now. I really hate them, don't get loud enough, and the quality is meh

just wear sennheiser buds they're like $30 and sound fine. come with a neat little pouch they fold into.

unless you're working on audio in one stationary place it's not worth it to lug around massive over ears to bump your indie rock mp3s.

leave

no, these are good.

every professional audio engineer working uses shure headphones, mdr7506 also a common model.

only internet autists obsess over this nonsense.

source: pro audio engineer

don't forget to buy a dac, OP