I like indie, like mumford and sons and bon iver

>i like indie, like mumford and sons and bon iver

I'm sure you liked emo like The Used and My Chemical Romance when you were a kid

not him, but why would you assume everybody goes through that sort of phase
I know I didn't

>nobody wants to play music with me

nothin' wrong with the mumsons and biver

>emo
>like the used and my chemical romance

also don't reject the charm of bon iver
it's premium comfy music op

he's just pointing out that that poser indie folk bullshit was the most recent hip music trend for adolescents, but for the generation before that, it was cool to like fake emo.

you have a point. when i was in middle school i liked 30 seconds to mars.. but there's no excuse for liking any of that shit when your over 18 years old

>someone likes mainstream buzz band
>not less popular mainstream buzz band

the part that really grinds my gears is when they call it indie. there's this massive misconception that indie means commercialized folk music

see

i've been trying to start a black metal project for months user. where do you live?

I want to play be-bop, sorry

i'm flexible. i've been practicing jazz bass for a while now. what do you play?

yeah i don't actually like them, i just wanted to say "the mumsons"

you mean as opposed to commercialized psychedelic music or commercialized noise rap or whatever. Sup Forumss taste is like festival core to the max. Also Bon Iver hardly counts as hyper "commercialized" music, I'm sure he sells like 1/4 of the records if not less than Mumford and Sons, he makes his $$$ working with other artists.

oh fair enough. nice dubdubs

well I've been working on my scales, learning to sight read a lead sheet and making up jazz instrumental tunes by myself

you may be a bit out of my class but if you have a temperate nature I'd give it my best

I am outside north west London

what I thinking was

bass, trumpet , drum, guitar

the point is that it's not indie. it has nothing to do with indie rock or indie in general

oh darn that's nowhere near me. i'm in the states. well best of luck user. keep on practicing and once you get good enough i'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of people to play with

>muh indie :'(

it really shouldn't matter to you and if you weren't retarded you could just calmly explain to people who misunderstand the difference instead of copping a bitch fit on Sup Forums

>implying that correcting them would be any more socially acceptable than quietly complaining online with like-minded people

>implying i meant absolute strangers rather than people user speaks to

if you're so autistic that it actually matters to you why wouldn't you explain it to people you know? you might look weird for a few minutes?

>tripfag calling someone else autistic

whatisindie.jpg

plenty of "indie" labels have shares owned by or distribution deals with major labels. Think of every "indie rock" band from the 90s you see folks jerkin' off over on here and most of em' were signed to a major label at some point.

>Think of every "indie rock" band from the 90s you see folks jerkin' off over on here and most of em' were signed to a major label at some point.

Depends on what you mean by "major label".

Pavement was only ever big on the indie circuit.

>haha i have nothing to say better make fun of his trip

nice meme user :)

>Yeah I'm really into indie

>People ITT actually defending bon iver
Summer is in session

>believing summer is an actual phenomenon
sure is summer in here

>Tame Impala is my favorite band