So how hard is this getting BNMd tomorrow?

so how hard is this getting BNMd tomorrow?

Other urls found in this thread:

no-trivia.tumblr.com/post/64660558089/wondering-what-happens-behind-the-scenes-at-p4k-i-knew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll say 7.0

Very hard - I can honestly see a 9.2 occurring. People bring up the fact that it might get panned because of the rape allegations, but Larkin Grimm has all but faded from ppl's minds. Ironically enough, Sup Forums seems to be the only place where people still bring it up.

confirmed newfag detected

you dont know p4k well

Nah, I'm not. Why do you say that?

screencap this

Eh, Ariel Pink still got a BNM after his comments. Plus every once in a while I'll look through "music writer twitter" (my guilty pleasure - don't judge) and honestly none of the writers for P4k have brought the controversy up in months. I think it fizzled out completely once she privated her Facebook. It's also already getting great reviews elsewhere.

It depends a lot on who's reviewing it to be honest. Certain writers will look past the allegations and recognise it as the great album it is, while others (mostly female if I'm honest) will pan it solely on that basis alone.

It'll probably get a 7.5 and I can't fault Pitchfork for that even though I think it's dope and deserving of a higher score. I'm interested in reading the reviews, though.

One person doesn't decide the score.

Pitchfork scores are calculated not through the writer on their own, but rather an average of several "scorers" is determined, I think. Not that this means scores can't or aren't total bullshit but giving it to a female writer or socjus-leaning person will hardly result in a lower score.

I wish it would but after the Larkin debacle I doubt they'd let it happen.

If it scores anything under 9.0 Sup Forums will have a shit fit about "SJWs" lowering the score because of the allegations.

It doesn't matter if p4k legit doesn't love the album, Sup Forums will rage. I don't think it deserves a 9.0+ but I want it to get that just to avoid the shit show.

dude an album's score on pitchfork is literally judged by the reviewer this is how pitchfork has always been have you not realized this yet????

Yeah, rape allegations ruined Modest Mouse and David Bowie. Ariel Pink and DIIV got panned after the things they said too.

I never realised that. I assumed it was just one person's opinion. Has it always been this way, because I can't see something like NYC Ghosts and Flowers getting the 0.0 it did as an aggregate?

Even so, I can still imagine the score being dragged down a little by some people's opinions.

>being snarky when you're actually wrong
congrats on being king of the retardsL

no-trivia.tumblr.com/post/64660558089/wondering-what-happens-behind-the-scenes-at-p4k-i-knew

Nah, remember that dude that quit and revealed a bunch of details? Plus it makes sense - I can't tell you how many times I've seen an album with a mediocre score but a review that reads very positive and vice versa.

Yeah. They also don't have as many women writers as you'd think. I think there are only two or three permanent ones on staff atm. Of course they bring ppl in sometimes on commission or w/e.

Lateralus - 1.9
Frances the Mute - 2.0

That could not have happened if scores were averaged to be frank.

Yeah, when they published that hit piece on Belle & Sebastian someone pointed out that their staff is like 90% white dudes.

To be frank a source has already posted but that won't stop you from making an ass of yourself:

Yep, that's my main issue with P4k. If they want to write all those think-pieces then fine, that's the age we live in and that's what appeals to young folks and gets page clicks and they are a business after all. The problem is that they act all high and mighty when they don't even put their money where their mouths are - they're just as bad as the people and institutions they criticize. It's funny.

8.0, no BNM. Watch them give Mitski 8.5 BNM the same day they publish TGM review.

chris ott already confirmed that they didnt average scores

1 - There are always exceptions.

2 - It's not even hugely unlikely that they were averaged considering both Tool and the Mars Volta have plenty of people who dislike them, doubly so in publications like Pitchfork. I mean I wouldn't give that TMV album a 2/10, but I probably wouldn't give it more than a 4 or 5.

I think you'll notice most places you look that people who do this are almost always to a fault a middle or upper class, well-off white person. It's incredibly easy to virtue signal and grandstand for brownie points among minorities and progressives, but actually doing something positive for other communities is a lot more difficult and requires more effort than writing think-pieces online, something that a lot of people who peddle this bullshit will never do.

Well, the thing is that it's really not difficult - they just need to diversify and expand their range when it comes to who they hire to write for them. I know some people would cry "affirmative action wah wah bullshit" etc but at this point would it be so terrible to have writers on staff with different viewpoints and backgrounds and experiences? I swear, every writer who works for "hip" indie publications are from the same demographic and who probably took the same sociology courses at various private universities. It's all a hivemind circlejerk at this point - I get no refreshing insight from these people.

ironically enough, Sup Forums seems to be the only where people still bring up this band. i was listening to love of life and WLFTMI today and they were trash.

why do people even bother?

Yeah, I agree completely. It becomes tiring and frustrating after a while when people lord their moral purity over other people but don't even bother to try and actually help people. They'll publish articles on "the unbearable whiteness of indie" and yet have hardly any writers on their staff who aren't white and upper class.

i think kris ex is black

also that guy that had beef with fantano

Swans have been influentia to many artists and have now possessed a niche fan-base for decades, they have thousands of monthly listeners on Spotify, a song with over a million listens on the same service and have been acclaimed by numerous publications for years, why do you think that only Sup Forums brings them up?

Craig Jenkins recently left p4k

it will get in the range of 7.7-8.3, a fair score honestly.

when he worked there they didnt, and that was over 12 years ago. he left at pretty much the invention of the best new music label

4.4 cap this