I just listened to this, is it good?

I just listened to this, is it good?

uh

trips

Do you want us to give you our opinion? Or your own?

Built to Spill > Modest Mouse

Yes?

i can't tell if this is bait or if Sup Forums has actually stooped this low

not relevant to this thread there is no competition between the bands and you are not special for liking built to spill

upvoted your comment very epic

ok?

Eh, they're both good, but I like just about all of MM. They have so many rarities and stuff that's good too. BtS has a lot of meh songs. I mean when they hit, they hit pretty hard, great instrumentals, but when they miss, ehhhh. I think MM is better overall. Can only think of a couple songs I don't care for

Also irrelevant. but the singer in BtS looks nothing like he sounds. I like his voice but I was imagining a much younger more conflicted looking guy, not a middle-aged vegetarian

>Ultimate Alternative Wavers >= This Is A Long Drive
I could go back and forth on this one, both should be considered some of their respective bands best but can sometimes be overlooked.
>There's Nothing Wrong With Love = Building Nothing Out Of Something
Even if I think it's overrated, There's Nothing Wrong With Love is maybe peak BTS as far as pure personality and pop songwriting go, but Building Nothing Out of Something is loaded with great songs and Modest Mouse's most successful experimentation on songs like Workin on Leaving the Livin and Other People's Live.
>Perfect From Now On = The Lonesome Crowded West
This comparison sort of highlights what separates the two bands. Perfect From Now On shows Built To Spill and their tightest instrumentally, really driving the songs with very creative guitar work and 'jamming', while the Lonesome Crowded West is Modest Mouse at IMO their most effective emotionally, with great storytelling and passionate playing from every member.
>Keep It Like A Secret > The Moon and Antarctica
Both albums are a step towards a more polished style and very well crafted, but Keep It Like A Secret just knocks it out of the park with every song while the Moon and Antarctica has a good number of songs I just don't care about, even if the album works better as a whole.
>Ancient Melodies of the Future < Good News For People
Both bands indie pop here, but Good News actually did something new in MM's discography and felt like they had something to say unlike AMOTF
>You In Reverse < We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
This is basically Goin' Against Your Mind vs We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. YIR isn't bad, but I will take a spotty album with interspersed moments of greatness over an album that is just consistently 'ok'.
>There Is No Enemy/Untethered Moon > Strangers to Ourselves
good albums vs bad album

one of their better albums. Good songs throughout . there are some weak points but nothing unbearable at first
7/10

honestly it's one of my favourite albums, it's pretty good

lol no

Sup Forums in a nutshell

post yours

my what you autist

you knew exactly what i meant. post rankings in a similar manner to my post, number 65713927 (to which you responded "lol no"), comparing the discographies of the notable indie rock bands modest mouse and built to spill, indicating which release you prefer with the use of greater, less than or equal to signs

listening now. am cry

lol

not the guy you responded to but just curious whats your favorite indie rock band?

the worst thing about this band is their albums are super front-loaded

what does that even mean

the best songs on the album are the always the first few, stupid

It's the album I always put on when I'm in a Modest Mouse mood.

that's actually the case for a lot of albums................stupid

>asking what other people think in order to conclude whether or not something is good

fuck you

I think maybe they had their own opinion on whether or not it was good and wanted to know what we think.
either way pretty stupid

probably just built to spill, been listening to a lot of pavement lately though. pretty basic, i'm not actually too interested in indie rock, especially not more modern stuff.

what do you like user

tom waits dubstep remixes

>front-loaded
>make everyone happy/mechanical birds
>talking shit about a pretty sunset
>trucker's atlas
>polar opposites
>styrofoam boots/it's all nice on ice
>edit the sad parts
>the stars are projectors
>life like weeds
>i came as a rat
>what people are made of
>other people's lives
>whenever I breathe out, you breathe in/positive negatve
>you got me with good news, but black cadillacs and good times are crazy good
>spitting venom
>little motel
>invisible

all these songs are at the back ends of their albums, and are also incredible

what are some of your favorite albums

not if you know more than 20 albums, dummy

keep it like a secret, rain dogs, doors s/t, velvet underground and nico, silent shout, all of can's damo suzuki trilogy, embryonic
not necessarily all time favorites

Lol nah dude. Last like 7 songs are strongest

Listen, we better have a li'l sit-down here, 'kay partner? Just sit down, here at our favorite table, and we'll talk. Order whatever you want, I got it, my treat. So how are things? No, no, don't answer that. I don't want to bog this down with stupid formalities like that, beating around the bush. Because you never do; you hate beating around the bush, you don't do it ever, you get right to the point. I like that. (heavy sigh) I'm just gonna get right down to the point here, because once I get started, I won't stop, and stopping is the last thing I want to do in this case.

I can't keep letting you do what you do to me.

Before you get all worked up--I know how high-strung you are--just sip some of that crappy coffee and hear me out. When we first met, I had problems sleeping, you were just so good, turning me every which way but loose. Sitting around at home, working, driving, you were always there blowing my mind. You had all these crazy different sides to you, the rusty-throated thrashings, the droopy-eyed grooves, the cracked-out moods that I don't even know how to describe... there was so much to be had out of you that I just couldn't stop.

Yeah, thought you'd notice I was using past-tense a lot there. No, no, no problems with you at all, you see... my problem is that after all these years, I still see all those sides to you with the sharpest of edges, like they were just formed. Like it was in the beginning. See, it doesn't have anything to do with you; it's me. I'm the one with the problem, because, simply put, I can't handle how much you rock my world. No matter how much it hurts the both of us to say this, I...I am but a mere man. There is an irreparable weakness inside me that I don't think I can strengthen.

On each of your songs, you seem like you never want to stop wowing me with the changes, with all those perfect little changes in mood that aren't so radical that you become distracting. But you're constrained by time, and my attention; I think if you could, you'd just be one song that never ends the rock, but you know you'd... you know that you'd destroy me. So you go from chapter to debauched chapter of life in the north/midwest, and the emptiness of our culture.

cool taste user

You point out all the ways our lives are already so much bigger than we think they are, but we'll never realize it.

That's too enormous of a thought for me to take in! And to bring it on such good music... I don't deserve you, Elsie, it's that simple: I don't deserve you. There are musicians--real musicians out there who could have you, who could know every inch of your strange and beautiful nature. However, no offense, but I don't think there are any mortals who can truly appreciate you. We're all too small for you.

What's that?

You...there are how many copies of you? Oh. I guess I didn't know. Well then, I... I guess I can learn to become the worthy listener that I think you deserve. (relieved laughter) I mean, what would I do without my favorite little parts of you like "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine," "Doin' the Cockroach," "Cowboy Dan," "Trailer Trash," "Out of..." Oh, look at me. I can't list off my favorite things about you without naming nearly every single one!

Look, Elsie, I'm glad we had this talk. It was good just to get it off my chest, and now that I've talked about it, I think I'm ready to accept every piece of you at the mass and volume in which you're supposed to be consumed, if you get what I mean. I love you, Elsie. From now till the end of time.

still the case for a lot of albums.............dummy

please tell me what to think: the board

Why don't you tell me?

Yes

thanks

I don't know mr. sheep, is it?

I don't know, is it?

I've never listened to it, he has. Therefore, he is more equipped to rate it. Not to mention, he should be able to gauge its quality for himself.

Maybe listen to it then?

I think you're missing the point. I was pointing out that he should decide for himself, whereas it's absurd to ask us if something he's experienced is good when he should decide for himself.

But you're not answering the question, is it good?

From my experience with Modest Mouse it's probably pretty good and that's about it. I'm not going to listen to it or let anyone else affect my opinion of it.

>im not going to listen to it

Then how can you say its pretty good?

If OP has listened to it then how come he can't say whether it's pretty good?

if you think other modest mouse is pretty good you should definitely listen to that album. far and away their best. you will like it

I dont know?