ITT: serious discussion and bs intellectual dissection of pic related's political content

ITT: serious discussion and bs intellectual dissection of pic related's political content.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/babyfather-1010
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fucking Marcel-core

what does a random 14 year old have to do with this renown artist? has mu rotted your brain?

>random 14 year old
just proves how little you know

get the fuck off of mu and go back to llleddit

London has become barely any different than AMERICA.

he's mocking british pride that way. also mocking local dj's giving people and himself false hope he doesn't believe in.
as the album goes on DJ ESCROW becomes more pathetic.

Honestly this is blunt's more nihilistic album after the redeemer/black metal got him praise. this made his new fanbase question him. especially with how meditation was misleading compared to the rest of the album.
latest songs like soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/babyfather-1010
prove he can make bangers. but chooses not too

real talk this makes me proud to be british

This makes me proud to be fucking Marcel-core

The WORST of the big 4

Doesn't even deserve the placement or the discussion desu

>how little you know
nearly fell for this. VERY good troll (not joking)

i think this is a pretty good analysis, but as with a lot of blunt's music i think the appeal is the difficulty to know where the ironic begins and the earnest ends. im guessing he is truly proud of where he is from, but the idea of separate national identities is becoming so silly when we're all connected on the web.

are YOU trolling? saying marcel is some 'random 14 year old' shows how little you know about the music industry.

it is. He's just some random kid. there's no reason to regard anything he says no matter who was kind enough to speak to him.

I get the British identity being over. I'd like to learn more about the local DJ's.

I got the impression that it was kind of like a record that got fucked up as if there were a government ministry making propoganda records and it got misprinted on some bootleg or something, hence all the noise.

I wonder what he's trying to say with these instrumentals though on the album. why is he juxtaposing the noise and these hip hop beats?

go to bed marcel

he is a music critic. there have been music critics before him, there will be music critics after him.

usually individuals are able to come to their own conclusions about art without labelling something as "exclusively this person-core"

i'd like to see a response from you other than the cheap, unoriginal 'go to bed marcel' rebuttal. it doesn't seem like you're open to discussion at all.

jesus user why are you so mad?

critics are only relevant if they have money/power

if you haven't noticed, the rest of my post is vastly open to discussion, it's just not directed at the person posting because they don't seem open to discussion.

Marcel has nothing to do with this thread. this is about Babyfather.

>I wonder what he's trying to say with these instrumentals though on the album. why is he juxtaposing the noise and these hip hop beats?
Power electronics is something he probably grew up hearing
whitehouse for example

my post was just in response to you thinking he was some 'random kid.' because he's not. he's known in the music industry.

i hate this thing where people on the internet will always respond with 'lol jesus why are you so mad??' to literally the most simple forms of communicating

where in this post did i show any indication of being mad at all?

jesus and I thought unty was autistic

I'm not here to discuss marcel. and he is some random kid see>there's no reason to regard anything he says no matter who was kind enough to speak to him.

it doesn't matter who knows who he is. He hasn't done anything to make him worth talking about or listening to. He's just a random kid.

thank you for disregarding my entire post just to respond with irrelevant memes. no, really. thank you.

every nigga's got a gimmick
I can't imagine how fucking awful (You)-core is.

except he's not a random kid. are you listening to anything i'm saying?

he constantly gets mentioned everywhere on twitter and he's known in the industry. he's not 'just some random kid' and i don't know why you think of him as such.

ok, so he is a semi known music reviewer, who fucking cares lmao.
He is still one person with one opinion.

>I can't imagine how fucking awful (You)-core is.
what does that even mean??

see>He hasn't done anything to make him worth talking about or listening to. He's just a random kid.

t. Marcel

le

once again:

except he's not a random kid. are you listening to anything i'm saying?

he constantly gets mentioned everywhere on twitter and he's known in the industry. he's not 'just some random kid' and i don't know why you think of him as such.

are you fucking thick?

again...

i'd like to see a response from you other than the cheap, unoriginal 'go to bed marcel' rebuttal. it doesn't seem like you're just here to spout memes.

because he hasn't done anything to make him worth talking about or listening to.

How fucking dumb are you that you think someone is important because they get tweets?

not him but here why do you care so much about him? are you him?

t. Marcel

No one besides maybe 5 teenagers on Sup Forums value his opinion and you're obviously one of them

>because he hasn't done anything to make him worth talking about or listening to.
well, that's your opinion then. and i respect that. i was just stating that he's not just some unknown rando and is known in the music industry, which is fact.
>How fucking dumb are you that you think someone is important because they get tweets?
i wasn't saying that at all, i was just using tweets as one (1) example.

you bitch about marcel core because you dont like his taste. Someone out there thinks you have irredeemably shit taste and there is nothing (You) can do about it. Your taste in music is not inherently better because it is more obscure, or more jazzy or more whatever. Someone thinks you are a pleb.

I think you are a pleb, for instance, since you made such a shitty post.

>No one besides maybe 5 teenagers on Sup Forums value his opinion and you're obviously one of them
i couldn't imagine being so objectively wrong. wow.

I can't imagine being such a child

wew

Why are so many people bitching about a fucking reviewer.
>I'm a connoisseur, I've conned you sir.

>i was just stating that he's not just some unknown rando and is known in the music industry, which is fact
that's not even a fact

what has he done that makes him an important person and not some random kid?

Has he made any notable music? has he written any acclaimed works?

He has less credibility than piero scarruffi. he's literally accomplished nothing.

it seems like you're acting as if nobody knows who marcel is, which is, once again, absolutely and objectively wrong.

I know he didn't intentionally do this, but I hate Marcel for pretty much ruining any sort of real discussion of this album happening. One of the most interesting albums to come out this year and the only thing people can say about it is that it's marcel-core.

>it's a unty and marcel argue thread

It's like you think more than 5 people care

wew

what does that even mean?? [2]
ok, now i know you're just trolling. goodbye!

it seems like you're acting as if nobody knows who marcel is, which is, once again, absolutely and objectively wrong. [2]

also stop saying 'wew' you fucking idiot

are you dumb? What are you not getting?

(You)-core is your taste in music.

>he goes on Sup Forums for actual discussion
wew

you have no idea of the scope of the music industry if you think he is well known within it

really now? Now that I ask you to name a single fucking thing this random kid has done to make him important and you decide it's time to fuck off cause you can't? ok, fuck off retard.

but i'm not marcel. so that doesn't make sense.

It's like you THINK more than FIVE people ACTUALLY care about MARCEL

WEWLAD

>you have no idea of the scope of the music industry if you think he is well known within it
are you talking about the mainstream music industry or what? i'm not talking about people in ties with capitol or epic fucking records.

please give me another response than that, idiot.

this is something that does make sense though, and it's pretty simple, so maybe if you realize what it means you can reflect on the fact you are so retarded and slow that you didn't understand it after multiple posts, and question some of your other idiotic convictions.

you are also not explaining a single reason why marcel matters at all

so

you be sayin

Marcel is relevant?

stop pretending to be retarded.

your AOTYs this year, constitute (You)-core 2016. This is a seperate -core from marcel-core, fantano-core, p4k-core, etc.

well fuck man, where the hell can you go to discuss music like this? anything on reddit like indieheads only talk about father john misty and mac demarco while a place like the what.cd comment section dies down really quickly. this board seems to be the only place where an album like this is mentioned

there is no YOUR AOTY you tard

I go by the words of Marcel

literally what

6 PEOPLE
NOT 5 BUT 6
CARE ABOUT HEEM

S.S.I.M.

(Stop Speaking In Memes)

oh hhahahahahahahahaahahahaha you were troeleleling all alooong!!!;^)
SICK MEME DUDE BRO

so...uhhhh

you liek

mean Marcel is relevant?

S.S.I.M.

(Stop Speaking In Memes)

:)

kys literally and unironically

>see a 52 post thread about babyfather
>it's all about marcel

you people are so dense holy shit

WE WUZ

i literally hope you die

I probably will one day actually desu senpai

kek this thread

it's the most entertaining thing I've read all day

This is actually the worst thread I've ever seen on Sup Forums.

Congratulations, everybody. You did it.

this entire thread is the reason why Sup Forums needs to be wiped off the internet. grumpy, beta males are more interested in discussing a little boy rather than actual music

it's such an interesting album and tmu will literally neer have a good discussion about it thanks to some random twerp and idiots..

it's ok though cause this troll has bumped the thread and we might eventually get 2 more posts actually about the album

you haven't been here too long then

The people who post in these threads despise music as much as they despise themselves and live a paradoxical existence of holding out hope that music can make them better, more ideal, and likable people when it has achieved the opposite effect and will continue to do so in spades.

you take this site a little too seriously it's just shitposting desu

it's a copypasta from another patrician Marcel thread

Ah thanks for clarifying

why can't we talk about Babyfather? is it because Dean is black? is mu racist?

hah!

it's because he's the worst of the big 4

Sup Forums is jealous of the fact that a little boy can understand an album they can't

because it's a rabbit hole that leads nowhere and no reward in sight. figuring out dean blunt is a waste of time
I like what he samples and sometimes says in his lyrics. but thats it. the guy has made his own safe space that only he understands.

he smokes alot of weed and consumes ALOT of media.

>consumes ALOT of media.
where do posters like this get the idea that they are correct in making blatantly baseless assumptions about artists?

>the guy has made his own safe space that only he understands.
you could say these things about any artist that doesn't explicitly explain everything they do. It seems stupid to me to write him off this way when there are clearly a lot of things he's saying that are easy to understand. You guys act like his music is some super esoteric nonsense when it's not

alright buddy enlighten us about dean blunt

not him but you can't because he's pretending to be cool and mysterious when his music is just boring wankery

thats what I originally said
it's a waste of time trying to discuss this hack

Ah sorry I misunderstood

But yeah I agree, even Arca is more interesting than Dean and all I really know about him is that he's a faggot and worked with Kanye

you don't see any overt political themes on this album?

No but to be completely honest I have little knowledge of UK politics or the "scene" over there

If that's required to fully enjoy his work, I think that's a problem

I'm american and no expert. I have been to london though.

One of the biggest controversies in London is the prevalence of government security cameras, all over. They live in a surveillance state in a very real way.

The national identity of the UK is very murky at this point because their culture has been so influenced by the globalized culture of America. Even hip hop itself is an American import.
That "this makes me proud to be british" sample drones on and on, as if it were a tool of brainwashing by some national propaganda department. Yet there isn't even a britian anymore, just the consumerist global culture and the surveillance state that has taken people's freedoms.

The cover of the album depicts a 'hoverboard' but the hoverboard doesn't fly like the ones we were promised would exist now back in the 1950's. It's just a benign toy and the flag on it is just another brand. It's up on a building ledge overlooking a city that looks futuristic but featureless, it's literally the new globalized London. The fact it's on a ledge is harrowing when you think of the implied suicide where the board wont hover, combined with the fact people have actually died on those things.

even this tracksoundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/babyfather-1010

>yall got everybody infiltrating negro

it's about the fact that urban culture is pushed and imitated in all facets of fashion and mainstream music.

i can't find it but he had a music video for it too where him and an associate are just smoking while they sit in front of a union jack and look straight at the camera. The implication being again, about surveillance, they are looking at the system that is looking at them.

>fuck Trident, fuck MI5, fuck MI6
>I know you can hear this but fuck you innit

because for the most part it doesn't attempt to be musically good.
half of the music is just a way for him to build narrative and insert references. not to say that it isn't intriguing.
the tracks where he tries are actually pretty good.

i kind of wonder why he does this though. Like, making these pseudo-generic hip hop beats, is his making them mediocre in it of itself a criticism of hip hop music? By juxtaposing these with noise it almost seems to make the noise look more interesting than the hip hop, yet also the other way around.

Dean, along with the other big 4, all realize we live in a post-music society. Albums don't have to be about making good music, but rather communicating good ideas.

who knows maybe he can't make good hip hop beats.
GASS is probably his best and thats just a sample of a meek mill song