What is your opinion on EDM, Sup Forums?

What is your opinion on EDM, Sup Forums?

it can be good to dance to on ecstacy.
Shit otherwise.

Pure meaningless cancer that idiots listen to because they can't connect or understand lyrics, I wouldn't hate it as much if my friends didn't listen to it

You're completely right

Music literally made for plebs

shit

Sup Forums tier shit and it needs to leave

not bad and sometimes great but the majority of its fans ruin it for everyone else. so death grips: the genre

except DG is great at all times

faggot

>EDM
Too broad a topic for me to give a simple, concise opinion on

rofl

:OOOOOOO

Small time raves are loads of fun and super similar to DIY punk and experimental scenes, a bunch of passionate folks trying to create a community, and the music tends to be a bit better than those big festivals. Also you can roll all night long and those rave kids form massage trains and shit, nicest folks you'll meet.

burned!

As a Death Grips fan, kill yourself.

>DG fan

wew lad

kys i was shitposting

>hurr durr I was just pretending to be retarded
You first, faggot.

ok as long as you follow through

ya know because you unironically enjoy Death Grips

>deth gripz rullz fukin homo \m/

Stop typing and off yourself, pussy.

But I need to know you'll do it with me

some of it is ok but not go out of my way to listen to it everyday kind of music for me.
I think it was the next hype electronic music genre after dubstep and because it's easily accessible basically everyone who says they listen to "electronic music" means some form of edm

No way, ecstasy and speed may make you like all music, but dancing to actually good electronic music while high is far more enjoyable than EDM trash.

agreed. why waste your drugs listening to edm when you can listen to anything else

i want to know what you guys are defining as EDM. in my view it encompasses all genres of danceable electronic-based music. it sounds like you guys are talking about guetta-style festival nonsense.

Fucking this.

yea I prefer "dance" music for more general usage, but "edm" has a certain connotation in terms of modern rave music. So basically yea that guetta festival nonsense is what I think of when I see "edm"

Mainstream/pop house, techno, dubstep, and D&B. Usually with overprocessed autotuned vocals and ultra-repetitive computer-generated 4 on the floor rhythms. Overall really uninspired and boring compositions. Almost every song follows the exact same arrangement as the millions of other songs they're mimicking. Associated with pleb tastes, frat boys, drunk sororitiy sluts, and big clubs.

There's some good music that's come out in those genres in the last few years, but most new stuff in those genres is the generic EDM shit. If you're on MDMA, try some actually good techno like Ancient Methods, or the stuff on Jon Hopkin's latest album.

i dont understand the appeal of the music really, its usually pretty boring. the fans are really just people who like the live setting. usually people i meet who have ever played an instrument dont like edm however