TMR>TSB>SGT PEPPERS
the other one i don't know it

this

>Sup Forums actually likes California
I thought you guys hated Bungle, not just Montie
Neat

TMR > Sgt Peppers > SB > California

>people on this board haven't even heard of California
California blows the others out of the water.

TMR>California>Sgt.Pepper>TSB

trout mask replica > the soft bulletin > sgt peppers

havn't listened to the other one

California

I hope you guys are joking. Seriously. It's bad enough that so many people pretend TMR is even remotely enjoyable, but to say it's bet than sgt pepper is just transparent.

It's 'cool' to pretend TMR is better than the beatles on Sup Forums because
>scaruffi le fact that XD

Sgt peppers of course

Some people say shit like this as a joke, some because they think it's cool and some others just to be contrarian. But they all have one thing in common; none of them actually believe it. They're all equally pathetic.

SB > Sgt Pepper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bungle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TMR

(You)
(You)
(You)
Wanna know i know you're a white girl?

Sgt. Peppers > Trout Mask >>> Soft Bulletin
all great albums, but I don't think I'd at all put them in the same category like this
haven't listened to California.

>b-but scaruffi said it was good
>th-the fact that

How? I'm not, but go on.

I seriously hope you are joking. Sgt. Pepper isn't even remotely fast and bulbous, and TMR isn't even that inaccessible. It sounds just like an album by Frank Zappa's best friend should sound like. I don't know if it's the best album of all time, but it's definitely the best on OP's chart (California is obviously the second).
Sometimes I feel people bashing on TMR didn't even make it past The Dust Blows Forward and just figured the rest of the album sounds like Frownland (it doesn't). It's an incredibly interesting albums filled with weird, complex but amazing compositions, dadaist, goofy lyrics and studio talk with FZ, released in the height of the psychedelllic era. What's not to like?

Sgt Peppers > The Soft Bulletin > TMR > California

Mr. Bungle sucks

I've heard the whole album multiple times.

Solid rebuttal

Come on Stacy, i know school is closed and you have nothing to do, but please leave this board. It's not a place for you.

Now I'm confused, why would someone listen multiple times to an album he doesn't even remotely enjoy?

wanna know how I know you're a fucking drone?

good choice Motini, keep up the good work

>Sgt. Pepper isn't even remotely fast and bulbous
That's because sgt pepper has better lyrics than "fast and bulbous". And besides, I agree TMR has some genuinely good musical qualities, but it's still much worse than sgt pepper and also worse than TSB.

haha that wasn't even me you utter retard

hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
HE BACK BOIS

You're not the only stacy in this world, darling.

>i'll post a *tips fedora* meme, that'll show him!

Don't worry, Montie, nobody cares :)

California >

I'm not that dude though. I just found the term "genuinely good musical qualities" fucking laughable.

They don't get TMR :^}

TMR > Sgt. Peppers > California >> The Soft 4k

Explain why

Best - Sgt. Pepper
Favorite - California

The MONTster is back at it again! what can stop this absolute meme-lored?

>If you think Beatles is best you have barely listened to music and should lurk more
>If you think Lips is best then you're a stoner loser that listens to hacks
>Bungle is for poseurs
>You can't like TMR or you are contrarian or parrot scaruffi
Different tastes can't exist and you can't genuinely enjoy something
TSB > TMR > California> Pepper

Yo could you pass me Roger Waters' phone number, i know you two broke up so i'd like his horse mouth to taste my cock

The Soft Bulletin was meant for children. Awful album

Why are people here pretending that sgt peppers is so great, it isn't even the best beatles album. You can call TMR contrarian/scruffy-core all you want, but at least it provides something interesting.

have you even heard sgt peppers lonely hears club band. I doubt it. If you had then you wouldnt be saying this obviously

But it isn't the best Beatles album imo. Kind of rude that you'd just assume any dissenters are just ignorant or something desu

have you even heard the beatles. i doubt it. if you have, you wouldnt be saying such things

SGT>Cali>TMR>TSB

this is the fake montie lel

i actually know that :/

TMR just barely outmemes California so that

Even if it's fourth to Abbey road, Revolver and Rubber Soul, it's still better than TMR.

>mfw I share a board with this person

I just want to know why OP put these four albums in a 4X4

pleb

mtr >>>>> st peppers > the soft bulettin > california

Not contrarian enough for you?

tmr>cali>Sgt pep>soft bulletin
Ive been on a beefheart binge lately though, also why was magic band so much better than zappa?

Not kidding, Trout Mask Replica is wierd and bizarre, i know, but not for means that is bad, it feels so unique, the sound of guitars, the voices, the crazy noises, i like to feel how every track start to melting my concepcion of songwriting, like if when you used to thought that the only way to go to another city was by the road, plain and secure, but then you discovered that you "have the hability" to go by the forest, and when you go you see all the landscapes, the things on it, the animals, dangers, like a forest in wonderland (the alice wonderland, kind of) obviously not everybody likes the jungle, is not for all

the road is obviously not bad, it has his points

by other way, sgt peppers is good, sure it is, but it feels like people trying to be experimental when they aren't, they add some psychodelic brush strokes but at the end is just a pop album not really clever (is not a conceptual album like many people say that is), and i don't mean that the pop is bad, i really like pop , but the songs on this album aren't really great, they are just okay.

Sergeant pepper

I think you'll cringe at this post later on in your life m8

>like if when you used to thought that the only way to go to another city was by the road, plain and secure, but then you discovered that you "have the hability" to go by the forest
All of this is just a fancy way of saying it's "different". Yeah, well so is me farting over the sound of crying babies. It also has to be enjoyable and genuinely interesting beyond novelty. Some think TMR does this as well, others don't. There's not really much of a point arguing about it.

If you don't think TMR is genius then you don't understand it. This is a fact and cannot be disputed.

But Sgt Peppers is far more ambitious than TMR though. Crazy usage of signal processing essentially makes this electronic music with how much the sounds were tempered with after just recording them, while the use of instruments that weren't common at the time lead to a far more interesting arrangement than anything on TMR which was really just more jazzy blues stuff, and not to mention the crazy shit like the 40 piece orchestra. in A Day In Life. There's just so much more going on in each track in this album that while something like TMR also has a lot happening in each track, not even TMR can compare to how dense Sgt Peppers is.

mr bungle is fucking trash.
Sgt Pepper affects me like no other albums some times. It honestly means a lot to me
TMR is great. i usually dont listen to more than half of it in one sitting though
I havent listened to that flaming lips album but i already think the flaming lips are trash. but ill go listen to it real quick

Objectively?
TMR > California > Sgt Peppers

Personally?
TMR > California > Sgt Peppers

As a funny fact and no more, i leave the raction of groening on tmr
youtube.com/watch?v=2JxBppgIB0w

You know whats funny, I am the actual montie and this is the exact way I would put it.
Well done, but TMR would be last

fuck off retard

see guys how hard was that

well, tmr has a lot of jazzy and blues sound yes, but it crosses him adding garage rock and avant-garde, that are use to be mostly more risky to than that just playing with uncommon instruments of pop, which includes polyrhythm, multi-octave vocals, atonality, free jazz, acappella poems, recording experimentation (He practiced by combining sections of various recordings so that they would join smoothly and maintain a consistent beat despite being from different sources) and nonmusical influences as the art of dali...

It was an inspiration for a lot of people, for make an example, slint and other post rock have been inspired by the last track "veteran day poppy" and his repetititve but hypnotic section at the end.

California>TMR>Sgt. Pepper>Soft Bulletin

From someone with actual music taste

>From someone with actual music taste
when will he come around?

nah

Sgt Pepp > tmr > tsb > californication

I enjoyed Californication by the Red Hot Sergeant Peppers