How old were you when you realized there is nothing wrong with liking pop music

how old were you when you realized there is nothing wrong with liking pop music

How old were you when you realized you can't escape the totalitarian grasp of the culture industry?

There's good pop music and bad pop music. Jay Z and Beyonce are not good pop music.

beyonce's last 2 albums were actually pretty good
jay z is massively overrated tho

there's nothing wrong with liking some pop music. there's something wrong with normies who ONLY listen to pop music

95% of the music posted on this board would be classified as pop music. Just because p4k reviews it doesn't make it not pop.

why even use the term pop if you use it to describe anything from metal to hip-hop?

To distinguish it from classical and traditional.

because other music exists that is fundamentally different such as jazz, classical, tribal, avant garde, traditional, et al

Hip Hop and Metal are very similar on a fundamental level.

There's pop music, manufactured by theory illiterate plebs for faceless Jew corporations.

And then there's Art Music, aka 'classical' for you plebs. It's a genuine expression of European culture and the spirit of Aryan people's. You should listen to Bach sometime, user

you mean top 40
I can easily classify stuff like ariel pink and dean blunt as pop music

death grips money store
majority of anco's album especially mpp

YONCE ALL ON HIS MOUTH LIKE LIQUOR

Come on, it's obvious OP meant pop as opposed to metal/rock/hip hop/electronic and so on, not pop as opposed to traditional/classical etc

two different meanings of the same word.. use context to understand which meaning is meant

how old were you when you realized that you just happen to enjoy everything they play on the radio

last year (early 20s) when started listening to music album oriented, before i was a bleep bloop guy (muh underground electronic music)

No point in listening to top 40 when there is an infinite amount of music that is better

How old were you when you realized human existence is suffering and Music does not mean anything and is in fact merely the inarticulate howling of doomed stupid animals unable to fathom the utter senselessness and brutality of their short lives and their impending annihilation ?

>this post

hahaha me after sm0ked a weed ; )

Well at least we all know exactly how old you are my man

Disagree

I refuse to support an industry that supports stylish good looking musicians over actually talented artists

Like 19

It's still 98% shit.

But it's okay for someone who's not into music to like it.

I honestly enjoy my music with an absurd amount of production behind it

I've always enjoyed pop music

What if I go live in the Australian outback?

Steely Dan is pop right? Then i love pop.

I love pop music - hit singles are better for pop artists instead of weak-ass concept albums. but I've never heard a single song either Jay-Z or Beyonce' have done in the last friggin' decade that stood out as Good Pop Music

she was pretty good with Destiny's Child - Survivor and Say My Name are actually fulfilling pop music expectations. all the shit she's done since hasn't actually stuck with me (except maybe Crazy in Love). I'd be happy to be corrected, but it feels like the wheels have fallen off of the pop music industry, and the ascendancy of Max Martin's pop factory only accentuates that impression. all these singers are making songs just catchy enough, but it's just not pop to me.