/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 25

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Possible Chance and DCfC collab?
-BNR for Weird Al box set?
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, Local Natives, DJ Shadow, and Swans.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/swans-glowing-man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This threads stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Larkin Grimm and Ke$ha.

mitski tonight
swans tomorrow

Pan or BTFO on Swans
Predictions on if they'll mention the rape allegations and if so, how much space do they give it?

Hmm, I follow a lot of the P4k writers on twitter and 2bh the allegations and Larkin Grimm haven't been brought up in quite a while. I think they've forgotten about it or it is just inconsequential to them.

Well considering every review that has come out so far has mentioned the allegations I'm sure pitchfork will. Especially considering one of the song topics is literally rape

That's true, I suppose. It'll most likely get mentioned but I dunno if it'll affect the score or not.

Plus, when they released "When Will I Return" the track didn't even get its own article. It was basically thrown at the bottom of the announcement of Thor & Friends. So I'm assuming the official site's stance on the issue (regardless of the individual writers opinions) is still pretty dicey

what's your twitter

jzcamp

here's the one without the typo:

>This thread stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Larkin Grimm and Ke$ha.

>two entire weeks of fucking nothing

Swans is coming up
Either BNM or a pan

Meanwhile, on Bizarro Pitchfork

tinymixtapes.com/music-review/swans-glowing-man

either way, hysteria will ensue

What's everyone listening to?

pic related

RHCP gets a 4.0 or lower
cap this

also, this album is highly recommended to anyone who likes experimental electronic

Oh I love that album

yee, its pretty dope, especially the two Cornelius Cardew tracks

wew at them totally btfoing beyonce

>Tiny Mix Tapes was thrown into something of a behind-the-scenes tizzy last month when it emerged that Beyoncé, that unimpeachable icon of feminine empowerment and liberation, was making more than a few bucks out of female sweatshop labor in Sri Lanka. Given that we’d joined the rest of the Free World in praising her latest album to the hilt, this news caused something of a stir in our “office,” re-confronting us with the age-old question of whether we can or should divorce ourselves from the political and ethical ramifications of an artist’s life when appreciating their art.

>In Beyoncé’s case, this isn’t perhaps a difficult question to answer, if only because Bey had already brought politics and ethics into her work by using a narrative of (female/black) manumission to brand and sell it. That said, when it comes to Michael Gira and the accusation he faced in February of raping fellow musician Larkin Grimm, the case isn’t so clear-cut. This isn’t simply because, unlike Beyoncé, Gira hasn’t made a career on the back of an image that would be bluntly contradicted by his alleged evil, but because this evil is indeed still alleged. We are, therefore, at something of an impasse when it comes to approaching his band’s music through the prism of his private life, since any attempt to form a conception of Swans’ 14th album in terms of his concrete existence is confounded by the uncertainty and equivocation surrounding the moral worth of this existence. What’s more, it’s this uncertainty as much as anything else that reveals how dangerous the task of weighing a musician’s art against their ethics can be, even if our status as moral agents and political animals arguably impels us to uphold ethical standards at the same time as aesthetic ones.

what did they mean by this?

>We think it's impossible for us to approach Swan's music from the perspective of Michael Gira's personal life, since this rape allegation makes it too cloudy, and complicated.

holy fuck TMT, this isnt your thesis

Swans wont be tonight, calling it

zoe's reviewing the glowing man for spin
u heard it here first

Swans TGM - 8.5

Mitski is getting BNMed tonight. Somewhere between 8.5 and 9

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

phew, you were late tonight pal

Adding onto that, whatever she's rated tonight, she'll be top 5 at the end of the year

OH SHIT SWANS 8.7

more like sam sodomy

Jake Bugg BTFO
>3.0

BORING

NOTHING UGHHHH

FEET
WHEN

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Neil Young 6.5
Jake Bugg 3.0
The Fall 8.3
Audion 6.1

Buzzkill. What the fuck're they gonna do, put out a BNM on a Saturday?

by who?
Don't start getting lazy now, we're all watching

the Jake Bugg review is pretty tasty desu

No bnm for swans. Probably something below an eight.

yeah, some decent roasting, haven't seen anything like it on p4k in a while

Pack it up people, a bunch of nothing.

But real talk, anyone else disappointed at the Radiohead artwork booklet thing? Ugh

>Jake Bugg 3.0
is p4k """back"""?

>panning an "anti-poptimist" white male that recently turned his back on his humble origins and went Conservative

'no'

Sorry
Posting on my phone on my driveway
Doing the rundown on mobile is painful

it's cool senpai

Thanks mane
I'll do a proper rundown in a sec

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN FULL EDITION
Neil Young 6.5 by Sam Sodomsky
Jake Bugg 3.0 by Laura Snapes
The Fall 8.3/ 8.7 by Jason Heller
Audion 6.1 by Piotr Orlov

>laura snapes is bringing back old p4k
do we stand with laura now ?

I hope that Grimes is okay

I hope that Meatloaf isn't dead.

Also Rick from Status Quo had a heart attack.

see it was awful and predictable
laura snapes remains awful and predictable

a reviewer that can't separate the art from the artist shouldn't be a reviewer at all. that said, i don't think gira did anything wrong