Is there any type of music more embarrassing than punk?

Is there any type of music more embarrassing than punk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jKFpAHY4K5g
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi2LHStp1LA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVi2HE1-d6E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jazz

But Ramones is total comfy tier

It comes close for sure.

It's funny because Aids Skrillex is in one of those bands haha

youtube.com/watch?v=jKFpAHY4K5g

Eh you guys are just taking it too seriously. To each their own

Liking hip-hop is more embarrassing than liking punk as a white person; even though punk is retarded you can at least like it somewhat authentically

define punk

Kid's a fruitcake

baby boomer trash

solid thread

punk af

XD XD

post-punk

fuck the system goyim

metalcore
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi2LHStp1LA

Post punk is still shit, but only because of it's punk ties, but atleast postpunk tries to be creative

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVi2HE1-d6E
SWIMMING IN MY FEVER
YOUR FATHER WAS A BEAR

>tfw punk was ruined by becoming political

>ctrl+f ska
>0 results

explain

>punk is good musically

holy shit, alex looks stronger than i thought he was. i thought he was just a fat ass. look how wide those shoulders are.

He's a big guy

I don't get the point of this image. It's a decent improvement for just a month and a half, look at the waistline and neck

I hate this fucking world, too many god damn fuckers in it.
Too many thoughts and different societies all wrapped up together in this fucking place called AMERICA.
Everyone has their own god damn opinion on every god damn thing,
and you may be saying 'Well what makes you so different?'.
Because I have something only me and V have; SELF AWARENESS.
Call it exortenstiolism or whatever the fuck you want.
We know what we are to this world, and what everyone else is.
We learn more than what caused the civil war and how to simplify quadratics in school.
We've been watching you people and we know what you think and how you act.
All talk and no action.
People who are said to be brave or courageous are usually just STUPID,
then they say later that they did it on purpose cause they're brave,
when they did it on fucking accident.
God everything is so corrupt and so filled with opinions and points of view,
and peoples own little agendas and schedules.
This isn't a world any more.
It's H.O.E and no one knows it.
Self awareness is a wonderful thing.

I thought those were punk lyrics at first

4u

its trans day of revenge by gloss

>my mommy yelled at me so I started listening to screaming music

surprised he didn't shoot up his school to relieve his stress

I wonder if he posts on Sup Forums

I like post-hardcore, noise rock, and garage punk a lot...
Also, while I'm not into crust punk, I do love Amebix and Tau Cross.
Is that really what crust punks are like nowadays?
I do remember having a really great time with some friends once in college, and then at the bus stop a couple really annoying homeless 20-somethings started ranting to me about needing to "wake up" about all the government conspiracies. I just nodded along, but it totally killed the mood and upset me, and for months afterwards I kept fantasizing about torturing those guys to death a la A Clockwork Orange.

>EDM

it isn't so bad. I mean they sound like any queercore band ever

Folk punk

The only thing I find cringey about punk is that there are entire subgenres that are literally just about sounding like one band - i.e. horror punk is literally just about imitating the Misfits, psychobilly is literally just about imitating The Cramps, and so on.

I've known people like in the pic and I'd say they above all else killed my interest in activism.

I honestly feel bad for the guy he turned out the way he did because of his shitty mom.

is this satire?

corale durruti is the only good punk band tbqh

Any neo-nazi music

Why is Sup Forums in every fucking Sup Forums thread these days?

Unless you're Bob Christgau and think punk is the be-all-and-end-all of rock-and-roll, but...

>band isn't named AIDS Skrillex
>my utter disappointment

>why are people who have different views on culture and politics than me interested in music?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯, why are you such a fucking idiot?

Notice how Sup Forumstards are the only ones who constantly insert their retarded views into "music" discussion?

>I'M SORRY

>FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO

>LYNCHED SOMEBODY

>BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO

>YOU BLAME ME FOR SLAVERY

>A HUNDRED YEARS BEFORE I WAS BORN

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>I'M SORRY

>LYNCHED SOMEBODY

>BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>I'M A CONVICT

>GUILTY

>OF A RACIST CRIME

>GUILTY

>I'VE ONLY SERVED

>GUILTY

>19 YEARS OF MY TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I'M SORRY

>LYNCHED SOMEBODY

>BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

>GUILTY OF BEING WHITE

No because the only time you actually notice the discussion shifting to the culture surrounding a certain style of music is when something you strongly disagree with is said. It's called confirmation bias. You know what I do notice though? You being a whiny little bitch.

Well said user.

country
rock
jazz

I have a legitimate question. Now that the status quo has shifted more to the left than in the 80's, during the first wave of punk, Will we see punk music take on a more conservative approach with bands voice "right wing" views? has this already happened?

he seems autistic

I still wonder what was going through the mind of whoever conceived the name "AIDS Skrillex".

No, I don't like politics discussed on a music board. I hate it when people are posting thinly veiled political bait threads. I know what confirmation bias is, apparently you don't.

You Trumpfags are infinitely worse than anyone else when it comes to this. You're constantly posting your shit tier memes, calling people cucks and turning every fucking thread into a mudslinging shit fit. People like you ruin what's left of this shitty board, and you rationalize it with shit like "lol sorry u just disagree with me lmao"

>No, I don't like politics discussed on a music board

But user, some music itself is political. How are we going to discuss the music if we avoid the political aspect of it?

How many pro-Trump bands sing about cucking?

When have you ever seen a "political" discussion about Nirvana.

Fuck off.

GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF THAT CAKE YOUNG MAN

early 20th century salon music
the epitome of decadence
none of your angsty kids could possibly reach the depths of degradation that low, not in 10 lifetimes

AIDS Skrillrex is the name Sup Forums gave the guy, not a name he chose for himself.

The "joke" is that he has AIDS (because he's a fag XD) and he looks like Skrillex. Get it? Hilarious, right?

this is pretty cringe, but I hate to think what it'd be like if I'd been interviewed in my late teens

XD

This.
It's pretty cancer that every day Sup Forums devolves into Sup Forums in at least one front-page thread.

If people were able to keep the discussion on how the politics interact with the music, it'd be different. But people just use music as an excuse to argue about politics.

>No, I don't like politics discussed on a music board
Then why the fuck did you click on a thread about punk music, a genre which was heavily politically-focused from its very inception? Does your cognitive bias seriously put your mind into such a state of retardation or are you feigning ignorance?

>You Trumpfags
I'm Lithuanian. I couldn't give any less of a shit about the current American candidates because I think they're all a joke, along with the entire population that they seek to control. Shit, the world would be a better place if everyone on your continent just died tonight. Good job on the projection though, I'm sure it helps you a lot with that victim complex going on.

man, kurt was pretty edgy

You're replying to a Trump supporter who's trying to use Kurt Cobain as proof that political discussion belongs in music and constant Trump spamming is on topic.

>Everything... fodder for his aggressive tirades.

Where in this post states anything about supporting Trump?

Do you have a problem with your reading comprehension?

fucking bitch

Is this on topic for the politics in punk music you fucking retard? OP posting a meme image and the "carl the cuck" meme was posted almost immediately. If you think calling people cucks is "political" discussion you should probably go back to Sup Forums.

There's never any actual discussion of LYRICS in punk music here, because 90% of the board are try-hard alt-rightists. This thread has zero to do with punk music, just an excuse to shit on the "left."

You know this, of course, but it wont stop you from trying.

Do you? That guy is the one who thinks Sup Forums threads belong on Sup Forums. You replied complaining about Sup Forums threads on Sup Forums. So good job supporting Sup Forums while objecting to it.

It's Aid's skrillex because he look's like he's dying of Aid's.

Is your life potato though?

Wow, you mean the entire culture of Sup Forums is not focused around posting simplistic memes in relation to certain topics but rather deep, constructive dialogues? Well holy shit, guess I've been lurking a different board all these years.

Lots of early punk rock had jack shit to do with politics. It was later that punk took on a lot of its overtly political overtones.

I said I'm Lithuanian, not Irish.

this

Wow, so you've decided to move the goalposts now that it's convenient? Nice stuff, friendo.

Just because Sup Forums is already full of shit posting and memes doesn't mean you need to shit it up even more with KEK memes.

but 70s punk was explicitly political.. especially the British stuff

>I'll ignore literally 100% of Sup Forums and instead bitch about memes that poke fun of things I side with

If you're so opposed to shitposting you wouldn't even be on this board. You're not opposed to it. You only take issue with shitposting that you're not comfortable with.

Plenty of early punk did have jack shit to do with politics. Plenty of early rock had jack shit to do with politics. Plenty of early folk had jack shit to do with politics.

Politics have always had a place in music. It's just that now it's not cool to have slightly left of center politics.

ramones once said that they were scared of english punks when they visited the uk because of how politically radical they were

>muh reading comprehension

I either ignore or bitch about shitposting in other threads. How the fuck do you know how I use this board?

I take issue with Sup Forumstards and Trumpspammers because they're infinitely more obnoxious and toxic than any of the other shit posters and the majority of you don't even hit the bare minimum for "music related" discussion.

>I either ignore
Yeah, in cases where the subject of the shitposting doesn't matter
>or bitch about shitposting
In threads like this where you're actually triggered.
>I take issue with Sup Forumstards and Trumpspammers because they shitpost things I disagree with
Good to know. You're totally not a whiny little mangina.

nu-metal

le no fucks given xO

alt right is not really a thing other than a term used by ethnonationalist identitarian Richard Spencer, now it's used as a meme by stupid liberals such as yourself to describe millennial conservatives. It's dangerous to be a conservative these days apparently, also punk is trash ideologically and musically

This thread is music related, you just don't like people having opinions different than yours, and nobody else brought up Trump other than you. Get over yourself, you have bad taste and OP is right!

no

We could probably see a rising in anti postmodernist, anti globalist artists. The family is being destroyed, love is being destroyed, culture is being destroyed, spirituality is being destroyed, identity is being destroyed, the natural world is being destroyed, these things are very rage inducing topics to sing about

No good punk bands were formed after 1991. Prove me wrong.

Wow just when you thought Kurt couldn't have been a bigger pants-around-ankles-faggot...

Right wing punk does exist, that's part of how the skinhead movement started actually. Stuff like Oi Punk and anticommunist rock has been arround for a while.

t. dyel

Oi! isn't right wing retard. It is working class music that steers far away from both left and right politics.

>inb4 some idiot claims that left wing is about the working class

No its not, it just pretends to care and be.

so basically alt-right?

Oi doesn't isn't really that political. It adresses the problem of the working class but it doesn't take side. Mostly because Oi bands didnt want to be sided with eithe skinheads or antifa, s they saw both for what they are : annoying tards who have no clue what they are talking about yet stil ltalk a lot and loudly

copying the shit out of american night mare AKA give up the ghost
fuck that guy