Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFOcF3g9D8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Beatles Blue
>No Red
wew lads

>falling for the meme format

looks like it could be the collection of a cute chick

holy smokes all those newer ones had to have cost a fortune. please end the vinyl meme

And yet, you went to Reddit

>she browses reddit

Dropped

r/vinyl can actually be pretty decent an they have good advice for setups. Advice good, Their music taste is shit.

the vega intl night school record is cool tho

>The Hotelier zomg so underground right?
Fuck you if you're following emo revival they're one of the flagship bands

Well... Todd Terje and Daft Punk are pretty sweet.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFOcF3g9D8

Damn, I want most of those records

>menos el oso

god that album is fucking trash.

The Front Bottoms are amazing

mildly jealous tbqh

I don't understand how there's those like 6 or so legitimately good albums in there with the entire Mark, Tom and Travis discography.

>implying you're going to give your posterity a hard drive with all your music on it
it's all about that physical format fammalam

>Not owning your favourite album in this format for aesthetic and memorialistic reasons.

The Front Bottoms are trash

Why do so few people use plastic sleeves?

you're right. the cloud is just a fad.

fucking fetishizing dingus

Ay m8 the hotelier are decent probably the best out of the famous emo revival crap bands like twiabp,modern baseball, basement and tigers jaw to name a few

at least they have cocteau twins, depeche mode and stone temple pilots

everything else is banal trash

>cute girls
>weezer

because its gay

they ripped into the OP for not having sleeves in the thread

>spending money on music
>>>/plebbit/

hum is ok i guess

>collection is exclusively stuff bought brand new and full price
ISHYGDDT

>Metric
My nigger.

how many times did your parents beg you to get a job today?

>not supporting artists you care about in an industry with ever growing piracy rates

>Pirating music
>>>/lawsuit/

If I met someone with this taste IRL I'd be super excited t b h

>2013
>always vinyl threads, both setup and collection
>few posts complain about vinyl being a "meme format" are attacked by vinyl supporters
>wrote papers for my journalism class about the rise of vinyl and physical music
>2016
>only vinyl threads are to hate
>vinyl is "reddit" and "tumblr
Sup Forums will always be contarian, but in this case probably rightfully so
i'm no saint myself literally the only records ive bought in the last year are just $1-5 secondhand ones i find at local sales
vinyl has really just become another example of the commercialization of the music ndustry, it really feels all image based now

>2013
>wrote papers for my journalism class about the rise of vinyl and physical music
HowToSpotTheSpecialNormie
It was already well underway by then.

You know its a reddit user's because they have talon of the hawk but not the front bottoms self titled

I've discovered during the last two years, since I can take CD-Rs home from the mastering plant, that there's an astonishing variation in quality between different CD plants. If you think digital is perfect, I have news for you. Many of us have been fooled by this myth that it's just 0s and 1s and therefore copies perfectly. It doesn't. The variations in quality are pretty wild, and random. Just the way you hook up a cable can make a difference. And there's no quality control in these CD plants, other than someone checking whether there's any level being transferred.

Most of us take it for granted that a CD is a CD, and we almost never discuss about varying standards of manufacture. I can't say too much about current US manufacturer's because I have few US made CDs. I have still detected a general shrillness to many US CDs ("let's tweek the high end to make them sound sharp to delude the general public that our CDs sound better than vinyl and tape"). Tweeking the high end also accentuated the hiss. After so many disappointments and revelations having heard import versions after getting US discs I have concentrated on acquiring import pressings.

As for maunfacturers themselves: on the import side I like the clarity of Nimbus UK but they can be hissier and lighter on low end than MPO France which produces well rounded sounding CDs. PDO have been fine except for the recent PDO UK disc rot problem. Sonopress in Germany are adequate. I used to shy away from DADC in Austria (Sony Europe uses them) but have realised that was a personal bias. Nimbus USA (Virginia) vary. Their reissues of the OMD catalogue were shoddy. DADC in Indiana (Sony/Columbia) are so so.

What's a good way to store your vinyl? I'm using a milkcrate right now. What are some of your guys setups?

milkcrate is pretty common.
i emptied out my bookshelves, made two custom shelves, two to hold vinyls and on in the middle for my player

Chuckling because selling England by the pound just seems wildly out of place considering the rest of the collection lel

kys
literally
>im not like other girls: the band

well yeah, if you wear them on your sleeve with your buddha statue and incense burners. but theyre a pretty good band if you get past that

If you were a punk rock fan it never went away. I've been buying records since the 90s, had a turntable in everywhere I lived since 99 or so

so much hate in here

i just noticed it's in alphabetical order

That's my least favorite Allo Darlin' album but it's still cute and makes me wish my local record stores carried more silly twee.

not bad desu

>Genesis with Peter Gabriel
disgusting

lol

funny pic

thanks for posting!

which plastic sleeves are the ones I should be going for?

Man, I'd kill for a bleed american copy

Can we all agree that Gorillaz, while decent, are the most overrated group of the millennium?

Rate my vinyl collection :^)

Fun House
Endtroducing
36 Chambers
Carrie Lowell
Siamese Dream
Is This It
Art Angels (xmas gift)

oh and VU&N

Is basement really emo revival? Is modern baseball?

I've never thought of either as part of that

Prom King is a solid, sweet pop record.