'You have to conquer yourself,' he said, 'and take control of yourself. I make fun of a lot of people...

>'You have to conquer yourself,' he said, 'and take control of yourself. I make fun of a lot of people, like Brian Wilson, because they don't have control over themselves. I think they're largely phonies. They use their illness as an excuse. I have no mercy for that.' But Wilson, I said, idolized him. 'I know. He does interviews; he writes his autobiography about me. I know, I know, I know.' He shrugged. 'It's sad, you know, but I don't know whether you can feel sorry for untalented people. Maybe he's not that talented. Maybe he's overrated. Maybe. Jimi Hendrix was not overrated. Janis Joplin was not overrated. I feel sorry that they died, because they shouldn't have. They should have been a little smarter. Brian Wilson outlived his brothers for God's fucking sake. How do you figure that? Carl Wilson - pretty bright guy. Dennis - pretty silly guy; y'know, a muppet. And Brian outlives them? But maybe Brian wasn't that talented to begin with, and we're burdening him with that. We make these people more than they are. I don't feel sorry for Brian Wilson; I never thought he was that talented to begin with. I'm glad he idolizes; I wish that Jimi Hendrix idolized me. I heard he did. I'd be more impressed if somebody with a brain idolized me.' I told him that when I had met Brian Wilson he had talked of perhaps wanting to be produced by Spector. He smiled. The idea was clearly preposterous.

Yeah, psychosis is so easy to control, it's not like you're psychotic or anything. Retard.

>yfw you realize you forgot to take your schizophrenia meds

> Hendrix and Joplin aren't overrated
> Wilson is

people like this occupy time and space

wow

>mfw fanny flustered wilsonkiddies

dumb philposter

>a kid you kick out of your recording session
>he goes and "steals" your sound and makes it better
>he writes better, more critically aclaimed songs
>he makes millions of dollars, has dozens of top 40 hits, still makes billboard charting albums
>goes through hell and back and makes it out alright

>and you are in fucking prison for murder

phil was butthurt because "Don't Worry Baby" is way better than everything he did combined

Wilson destroyed him

didnt this guy literally rape babies or something like that?

wilsonmind

Phil Spector is the one who is actually not that great, he had good ideas and foundations but made mostly shitty music.

Nah, objectively "I Can Hear Music" is the best Beach Boys track, and its a Spector song.

that's a falsehood

W E W
E..E
W....W

Phil Spector never made anything of value.

The Ronettes are diamond-tier valuable

Wrong.

Its literally the most perfect pop song ever. Better than the contrived music of Wilson.

All Phil did was inspire far more artistic and creative people to surpass him.

Stop replying to this faggot he's literally from reddit

Low quality bait
Pic related

How is Wilson's music contrived ? Lol

Even when he was working with literary concepts and other high brow ideas on SMiLE his music still feels honest and whimsical

Wilson's great, and Spector's great. The difference is Wilson's a pretty decent bloke even though he's a loony, whereas Spector is a cuntbag loony murderer.

Spector is great but is