Motorpsycho - The Death Defying Unicorn
Pepe Deluxé - Queen Of The Wave
The Maccabees - Given To The Wild
The Residents - Triple Dub-Ya: The Way We Were Melbourne

>AOTY
>that

lol stop shilling this shit tripfag

Probably GKMC.

2012 was a great year - The Seer, The Money Store, Bish Bosch, Bloom, The Idler Wheel, Allelujah!, Lonerism, Swing Lo Magellan, Channel Orange, Visions - that's a quality selection.

youtube.com/watch?v=Anmg6estvhc

good list!
Not my fault you have shit taste

what do you plan to do with Scotty's money, tripfag?

Found the pleb

>2012 was a great year
>lists all the meh albums

and
whirr - pipe dreams
soko - i thought i was an alien
soap&skin - narrow
the raveonettes - observator
rahu - the quest for the vajra of shadows
loops of your heart - and never ending nights
iamamiwhoami - kin
grimes - visions
crystal castles - (iii)
blank banshee - blank banshee 0
andy stott - luxury problems

A Map of All Our Failures, but I'm a colossal faggot for My Dying Bride.

>loops of your heart - and never ending nights
i'm quite happy somebody else remembers this

good choices

lmao

what's the appeal in this? I'm not shitposting

How is it not appealing?

SE-WERS-TO-TH'-SLUMS

i love everything axel willner does. end is a masterpiece

>lmao
did you really?

This was it. This was the one that changed everything.

The Seer or Godspeed's Allelujah Don't Bend Ascend.

What's your favorite track off of it?

You mean NLDW.

You didn't answer my question.
If I don't know what you didn't like about it, then we can't have a dialogue about the album.
Personally I've never found anything on it inherently unappealing, so that's why I'm asking you to explain.

Not him but my favorite track is SDSS1416+13B (Zercon, A Flagpole Sitter).

You're the one that likes the album, my opinion isn't exactly going to help here. I can explain exactly what I like about the music I like, why can't you do the same?

Death Grips - NO LOVE DEEP WEB

I have no fucking shame about it. The end of that year was one of the best times of my life. I had started college, finally graduated from being a poorfag to being a rich-enough-fag to get a smartphone, and the anticipation from the release of Money Store earlier in the year to the cancelling of the tour to the ARG to the release is probably one of the most powerful hype experiences I've had thus far. Although I'd argue that this is by far their best record without those experiences, those experiences push it above and beyond and make it one of my favorite records of all time.

I mean I enjoy how it's thoroughly composed music, and how Scott Walker wrote the music with clear stylistic or formal ideas in consideration, be they sonata form or a simple repetitious groove. I enjoy the fact that the album dances the line between tonal and atonal very fluently, so it never at once feels totally unconventional and outside of pop taste, but also never conventional.

It's also Walker's most cohesive album, with the Dada concept touching every track on the album in either the lyrics or the approach that specifically prioritizes loops, minimalism, and yet grand scale.

NOW

Explain why you don't like it.

Again, I'm not the guy you're talking to, but I like Bisch Bosch because it's a darkly humorous album with songs that address a diverse array of subject matter. It's full of uncanny flourishes and is actually very technical, while not venturing into over-indulgence. It's also very well-produced, and was generally not a let-down in terms of being a Scott Walker album, and the capstone of his "dark" trilogy.

I didn't like it because it sounded like nothing more than a random mesh of ideas that might sound interesting once or twice coincidentally. The lyrics amplify this by not having any specific direction and being mostly nonsense.

This comes from one full listen with my full concentration, and I realize my thoughts on it aren't very well developed. This is why I don't want to give my opinion on it, and would rather hear someone else's. If you can explain some of the concepts, though, I'll give it a relisten.

>If you can explain some of the concepts
It's Dadaism mixed with Scott Walker's typical art-song style of songwriting. Zercon demonstrates this: it's the deeply structured and orchestrated symphony of a song like "Clara" balanced with the aesthetics of Duchamp and Cage and the whimsy of EE Cummings.
At the same time it's incredibly original.

Owning the album proper and reading the lyrics and footnotes gives the songs some background.
It is purposefully dense songwriting though.
The most straightforward song on the album is Epizootics!, and even that's fucking weird.

do not talk to scott walker fans

do not engage scott walker fans

do not look at scott walker fans

hide scott walker posts

Fair enough. Guess it either appeals to you or it doesn't.

stop shilling this. fuck its not that good-- tilt was boring the first time.

Have you heard his two previous albums?

this

I've heard Tilt and I thought pretty much the same thing about it.

>shilling
your summer is showing

>typing EE Cummings

dude, its "ee cummings". thats his whole fucking schtick. have you ever even seen the name in print? you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I'm very well aware that it's typically ee cummings, but your obsessiveness with that small detail does not = invalidation of my post.

>JUST REMEMBER NO CAPS WHEN YOU SPELL THE MAN NAME

Jakob Ullman: Fremde Zeit Addendum

The Drift is my favorite of the three.
It's the darkest and most "unpleasant" of the three as well.

mfw summer kids know more about the artists you try to name drop than you do.

>le summer meme
People who've been here more than 2 years knows the summer meme is a great way to not propose a counterargument and still feel victorious.

Kill yourself.

hi RYM

OH SHIT

I'll check it out. I actually did remember that I liked 'See You Don't Bump His Head'.

hi Poseur

lurk moar

What?

>>lists all the meh albums
>bish bosch

glad you came to your senses, tripfuck

How is Bish Bosch "meh"?
That person/album isn't?

see

Why do people get so angry when they can't into slightly experimental music?

They feel inferior and then project that onto the listener.

>that person/album isn't
>no one is allowed to have more obscure tastes than me because of my massive inferiority complex.

I don't care about obscurity, I care about RYM upvoting blase experimental shit because they can listen to it in the background of browsing Sup Forums.
Ullman's fine but it's nothing new, it's just another avant-teen fodder album.

why were you two affected by that post? why did you feel the need to respond? you don't even know if it was genuine and yet it still annoyed you

i don't see the difference between your posts and his, at least in that respect

>I care about RYM upvoting blase experimental shit because they can listen to it in the background of browsing Sup Forums

You are a proud warrior who is in desperate need of a meaningful battle. I wish you well in your search Cloud Chaser.

I think you need to take a break from the internet, young man

Love this thing.

>implying

I listen to shit much more experimental than bisch bosh. It's just a mediocre album.

You really can't handle some people not liking your album, scott?

wew

WORST NEW TRIP

I'm just waiting for him to go full autismo and lose his shit to laugh.

Then I'll filter his ass.

Are you implying Bish Bosch isn't also avant-teen fodder?

Ok, first of all, I'm not even familiar with RYM. Also, while I'm aware of the GRM artists and Darmstadt composers who came before Ullman, I really don't think that their music makes Ullman's obsolete.

But you should be very proud of yourself for recognizing that Ullman's music is not entirely new. Good boy.

Bangin'

Bish Bosch certainly isn't.
It makes it not that special or notable.

In no particular order whatsoever:

Kendrick Lamar -Good Kid m.A.A.d City
Death Grips - The Money Store
Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
Father John Misty - Fear Fun
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
iamamiwhoami - Kin
Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart
White Suns - Sinews
Wintersun - Time I
Death Grips - No Love Deep Web

>It makes it not that special or notable.
Bisch Bosch basically sounds like goofy-old-guy music to me -- like a cross between Cabaret Voltaire and Frank Zappa. If Ullman's music isn't special, then by your standards, neither is Walker's.