What did people on Sup Forums think of Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool?

What did people on Sup Forums think of Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wr5v4sSRm0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>super late to the discussion
We were blown away by the quality of the album

Yeah, a little late. What was the overall favorite song?

>Best: Glass eyes
>worst: desert island disk
>underrated: tinker tailor ect ect
>overrated: ful stop

puts me to sleep

don't listen to most people thought it was bad and a few plebs thought it was one of radiohead's best albums

it's like they're regressing into coldplay territory

Epic.

I hate it.

I've also never listened to it and never plan on listening to it.

7/10 At first. 9.1/10 since p4k review.

kek

Decks Dark is probably my favourite right now

Handful of 10/10 moments on identikit ... In fact I can't think of many songs that have so many "it arrived" moments like this What a very well constructed track!

It's good. Everyone here likes to hate on it because "muh contrarianism", but it's a good album.

100/10 for me, and pretty much everyone outside of Sup Forums loved it, so I don't get the hate

its bad... and I mean BAD

It's because everyone here is an autistic contrarian who has an intrinsic hate for anything deemed "popular".

No but actually it's a 9/10 album. Glass Eyes --> Identikit --> The Numbers --> Present Tense is truly great.

If they weren't doing their stupid alphabetized tracklist bullshit they could have switched Identikit and Ful Stop and the Glass Eyes/Ful Stop combo would have been the Faust Arp/Reckoner of this album and would have been just as good

Identikit and Decks Dark are pretty great, but the rest of the album is forgettable.

They lost me at King Of Limbs and this one sounds exactly like it to me

amazing
9/10

>We
speak for yourself

I liked TKoL better. This one was a big disappointment.

Decent 7/10
I feel like something is still lacking.
Maybe it's Jonnys crazy aggressive guitar playing that's missing but then again i also really like Kid A and there wasn't a lot of that on that record.

Their music just sounds so "clean" these days

i hated those boring and bland folky songs but the rest is fantastic

Too friendly.

>most people thought it was bad
>

My favorite track on this one was Present Tense. the earlier version of that song was 8/10 but with the refinements of AMSP it is an easy 9/10

Completely forgettable

Dull. But not so bad. Those who call this aoty are just autist. There are much better album in this year so far.

boring

Kid A>In Rainbows>OK Computer>The Bends>A Moon Shaped Pool>Amnesiac>Hail to the Thief>The King of Limbs>Pablo Honey

imo Decks Dark and Daydreaming were the only songs on par with their best albums, sorry.
I like King of Limbs as a whole more than this album.

Most people i've seen like Present Tense the most. That's my favourite at least.

Kid A>In Rainbows>A Moon Shaped Pool=OK Computer>Hail to the Thief>Amnesiac>The King of Limbs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pablo Honey

strong-strong beefy huge 7 at release, since grown to a light to decent 8. it's radiohead, it's good. vinyl's coming in the mail tomorrow, anyone who thought the cover art was disappointing look at this goddamn gatefold

AMSP is an achievement. It's mainly an achievement in that it's another very good album.

IMO it had it's weaknesses. True Love Waits doesn't have any energy and even Thom's vocals are a bit weak on the track. They don't feel as creative either.

I think Daydreaming, Identikit and The Numbers did their job. I'm satisfied but i'm not someone who kneels before the altar of Radiohead anyway desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=wr5v4sSRm0s :Listen to this if you're still dealing with your AMSP-overplay hangover.

>AMSP>TKOL
Autistic pleb detected.

don't cut yourself on that edge

How does this sound anything like TKOL you absolute retard?

Sup Forums loved this shit at first but you know, ts summer and this place is full of contrarians

they're both aggressively boring?

comfy/10 a little bland

Glass eyes is goat

Great album

>Hail to this Thief that low

Kid A > In Rainbows > Hail to the Thief > OK Computer > Amnesiac > The Bends = A Moon Shaped a Pool (Havent given it enough time tho) > TKOL >>>>>>>>> Pablo Honey

In Rainbows = Kid A > OKC > TKOL > AMSP > HTTT > Amnesiac > The Bends > Pablo

or maybe the hype is just dying down

Nah, its still overwhelmingly positive.

this, people were legitimately angry over pw getting such low reviews when it first came out and a majority of the threads were full of decent praise for it

now you can't make a pw thread without it turning into "FARTY SYNTHS xd", 21 pilots, or nickelodeon spam

good taste

Agreed.

This. Only correct.

It's pretty middle of the road Radiohead for me at this point. My opinion on Radiohead albums fluctuate a lot though. Maybe 7-7.5/10

It's a solid 8/10 for me, not as good as some of their others but still a strong comeback after a long hiatus.

> anyone actually go out and pick up a copy today?
> anyone actually hang at a record store today to listen to the broadcast?
> I was there right at the start of the broadcast and literally the store was empty except for employees

I went and there a lot people picking it up and enjoying the tunes. And btw this is houston where vinyls arent as sought out like in austin

Amnesiac that low?

;(

Pretty good, don't think there are any songs from it that are among my top 5 radiohead songs though

Songs I wasn't impressed with:
>Burn The Witch
>Daydreaming
>Desert Island Disk

Other then those three, pretty good

Kid A> Amnesiac> OK Computer= In Rainbows> TKoL=AMSP> HTTT= The Bends> Pablo Honey

Consensus seems to be BTW, Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, and Present Tense being standouts, while people are divided on the new version of True Love Waits (I prefer the original version)

>Sup Forums
>People

The last verse of Exit Music is the quintessential "it arrived" moment in a Radiohead song
>those drums calling it in
>dat fuzzy bass
>"NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW, WE ARE ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IN EVEEERRRLASTIINNNNGG PEAAAAACCEEEEEE"

fugg

His solo at the end of Identikit is definitely a return to form, but that's really the only instance except for maybe the end of Decks Dark

absolutely haram

I might be the only person of this board to think this, but "Desert Island Disk" was my favourite.

Switch The Bends and HTTT and this is literally my list

People are so fucking dumb.