Do you think it is called "Exmilitary" because it is describing a character who was a former soldier...

Do you think it is called "Exmilitary" because it is describing a character who was a former soldier, so then he is described to be an awful, mentally fucked up human being throughout the entire album? Like it reflects the band's possible beliefs of how the military changes your psychological state.

no there are no characters in death grips

Now that is deep my boy

>implying a mixtape would have an overarching concept
You're trying too hard user

yeah, all that shit in No Love def happened

Why is it called Exmilitary then?

bruh if it were just a collection of songs they would have included everything on the EP

Why is any album/mixtape called what it is? I say again, you're trying too hard

I don't think you understand what a mixtape is, it's literally just a collection of track that aren't supposed to have any context to each other

I don't think YOU understand what a mixtape is. The only reason it's free is because it contains uncleared samples. There are clearly common themes between the songs.

Because it is supposed to relate to the album, and to give it ambiguity to interpretation. Do you think they name albums without any reason?

sorry bruh is right

Oh course they don't name albums without any reason, why does this particular name make this a concept album?

Ok, I'll admit I was wrong, I should really look up stuff before I talk about it. However common themes between songs doesn't not automatically make it about 1 character

>common themes between songs doesn't not automatically make it about 1 character
I'm not the guy who said that and I agree, I think it's more about Ride personifying the excess he describes than it is about crafting a narrative

stop

no u

they said it themselves that nobody is playing a character in an interview

>implying everything is either a true story of a character

yeah, he definitely kills people just the way he describes in his songs

I have no idea what you mean by this

shut up dummy

Are you actually retarded
Just because ride talks about shit that didn't happen doesn't mean he's playing a character

stop

Yes it does.

no u

what does it mean then?

Lol what?

this is honestly one of the dumbest threads i've seen on Sup Forums in a while.

songs aren't just true stories or characters and nothing else. they can be metaphors, allusions or just meant to evoke of feeling of some sort.

mixtapes are not a loose collection of songs with no context. i don't know why anyone would think this.

obviously it's named exmilitary for some reason. maybe there's a story behind it, maybe not but i don't think there's any characters on the album.

Okay, but do you think it is to describe the behaviour and psychology of a former soldier, hence why it is called, "Exmilitary"?

>they can be metaphors, allusions or just meant to evoke of feeling of some sort
yes, and if they're told through a first person perspective and are entirely fictional, then the person he claims to be is not necessarily Stefan Burnett as he is in real life, but rather an exaggeration or "character" if you will

Isn't that the point of characters in literature, to be manifestations of metaphors that are prevalent in our world today?

now you're getting it

So I was right about the character thing then?
How is this thread dumb then?

i raped your mother and buried her in my backyard

I'm not

I know, but why they find what I said wrong?