youtube.com/watch?v=tsdTKQb6o6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=aGb2qdYLTfU
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMeZSxNWV8
youtube.com/watch?v=ukWaX13FBlc
youtube.com/watch?v=fnmrAthgi8g
youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE WUZ PUNX N SHEEEIT

They are historically significant but they absolutely suck.

>PUNK WUZ BLACK YO
>BEETHOVEN WUZ BLACK YO
>BACH IZ BLACH YO
>GREGORIAN CHANTZ WUZ NIGGORIAN CHANTZ YO
>ROMULUS AND "UNCLE" REMUS WUZ RAISED BY A BAD BLACK SHEBITCH

There was a thread discussing this and from what I gathered the whole idea that these guys created punk neglects to take into account the various acts that not only inspired punk, but were in many ways punk themselves.

Basically. The Stooges had everything requisite of a punk band, and inspired basically all punk afterward. Maybe the NY Dolls too but I don't really listen to them.

Sorry, but The Monks invented punk in 1966.

spouting old memes doesn't negate truth

W E
E

isn't it arguable that every garage rock band back then was punk?

Wow user, literally NEVER heard of this band!
Kys

No one band ever creates a style.

There are songs from the 60s that sound like 'punk' but that movie was making up shit to create some type of legend about the band. How could one really create punk without being involved in it? It makes no sense.

>What's The Sonic?

yes, this is why there is no real clear definition. so it makes it predictable and easy for underage like to get all memed up about it

I don't think the idea is that they 'invented punk', but that they were one of the first known bands to sound as punk as the genre would go on to be defined.

spouting old memes doesn't create truth either

Listening to it right now. Great playing actually. Vocals could be better but overall I like it.

NIGGA WE WUZ PUNKS AND SHIT

ok so just another garage band?

quality

Iggy Pop had already been punk for a while.

>truth
kek

>punk didn't exist before 1975

I hate it when people say Death created punk music. They're a great band but Iggy and the Stooges invented punk.

>The Sonics
>Los Saicos
>The Kinks
>Monks
>Velvet Underground
>Stooges

the list literally goes on indefinitely...all way before 75

This guy knows

Tho punk would be a better genre if these influences were better recognized

thats anything but punk son

T H I S
H
I
S

>Los Saicos
who are rthey tell me

>watch the movie about them
>first 30 minutes is about music
>the rest of the movie is them rambling about god and their dead brother

the metal band is better anyway

>DINDUS creating anything

fuck off please

youtube.com/watch?v=fe1CMD_ZmWQ find a better punk song

they also invented death metal

what

Imagine having to care so much about who created punk

not punk at all huh

check this out
youtube.com/watch?v=tsdTKQb6o6Q

Good thing the Beatles didn't do a punk song in '63 that every kid in Britain heard or we would be giving them credit here
youtube.com/watch?v=aGb2qdYLTfU

review is pretty based. I had that mountain dew one and it was just a watered down version of pitch black.

wrong link, i'm a fucking idiot trash head
youtube.com/watch?v=6YMeZSxNWV8

punk of the 2010's > punk of the 70's and 80's and especially the 90's

Blues rock =/= Punk

That was an influence on metal, but not punk.

WE WUZ PUNKS?

sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit

good review boy loves his shortwave

>le beatles invented everything meme
fuck off

this is a pop record, nothing rock about it.
all shit bands.

ITT stormfags and dindus have autism attacks

le 'I hate beatles makes me special elite class on internet" tedium
nice try at faux counterculture rage there
and by nice try I mean you said the exact same thing in the exact same way as many thousands who attempted to rebel similarly before you, conformist

>being this defensive and angry

Responding to mild sarcasm with defensive "don't be so angry" posturing
You know if you get off on your med schedule for even a few hours it takes you weeks to adjust back, desu
Why you do this to yourself?

>Punk of the 2010's

Go away kid, you aren't old enough to even know what real punk is.

This doesn't sound punk at all.

user, you need to control your anger. I never even said that they were bad, I said that you were a fool for having the mindset that The Beatles invented punk rock, and you went all A BLOO BLOO UR JUST A FUCKIN CONTRARIAN ANYONE WHO DOESNT WORSHIP THE BEATLES IS A FUCKING CONTRARIAN SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!
It's okay user, try taking deep breaths and counting to ten.

Hahahahhahahahahahaha, I hope this is bait. There are a few good modern punk bands but most of them are hacks that blatantly rip off old punk bands. Plus most of them are overly sensitive cowards who have a mental breakdown if someone says something that's slightly politically correct.

Saying punk was invented in '75 would be like saying vaporwave was just invented now.

>politically correct.
Meant to say politically INcorrect.

Their hamburg stuff is more punk than this.

When I watch this I feel like I am dying, but not in a bad way.

Except they get mentioned all the time by non-casuals. Hell even Skeletonwitch claim they were the first to use blast beats (which is endearing to say, but should make it clear they aren't exactly obscure)

Is this the most played out meme on Sup Forums right now or am I missing something?

youtube.com/watch?v=ukWaX13FBlc

Peruvian band who are most known for their song called Demolicion, but they are considered protopunk

>created punk music in 75'
I like Death but where the fuck did you come up with this?

I agree that Monks are the first example of TRUE punk.

I've got the album pictured plus the second and third one. I've seen them live at least three times. Great band. Highly recommended. Hard to believe that they weren't recognized in their own time.

Sorry to disagree, but THE FUGS invented punk in 1964.

wud about Mc5 The stooges velvet underground plus like 60s garage rock like Question Mark and the mysterians and the sonics.. Hell even the kinks. These guy's were black dudes who made hard rock and roll. I wouldn't necessarily call it punk. So fuck off with you Sjw bullshit.

I dunno. The Live at The Star Club album sounds pretty punk to me. The concerts were certainly punk as fuck, what with all of them sleeping with disease ridden strippers, being hopped up on speed and beer, wearing toilet seats around their necks, and John starting fights with members of the audience. If that aint punk, then I don't know what is.

What's your take on The MC5?

but they did senpai, all modern music (post WW2) is linked to the beatles and something they did

I'M EATING FOOD
CANT BRING ME DOWN
CANT BRING ME DOWN
CANT BRING ME DOWN

IM IN THE MOOD
CANT BRING ME DOWN
CANT BRING ME DOWN
CANT BRING ME DOWN

WUZ

/thread/

Jeffery Lewis is my waifu, how accurate is this? It def makes me want to look up a shit ton of bands

youtube.com/watch?v=fnmrAthgi8g

even stealing Sup Forums memes. is there anything you cucks dont steal?

Stone Age man invented punk by banging bone on stone.

>NIGGORIAN CHANTZ

What the fuck.
I was literally just watching this.
I'm on mobile and kept closing YouTube because I thought the video wasn't loading.
I love reviewbrah but I have to say I disagree with his judgement on this particular beverage.

HOL UP

>NIGGORIAN CHANTZ

actually it was created by bolivians in 1964 youtube.com/watch?v=haVaaDLwWvI

rap is punk enough, as is reegae, and bad brains is one of the best best punk bands (excluding all hxc)

jesus invented punk by telling the romans to...

>he didn't suck the bbc he must be a racist

First post, best post.

Kek'd

>The Stooges, also known as Iggy and the Stooges, are an American proto-punk[5] band from Ann Arbor, Michigan, active first from 1967 to 1974

Your face when niggers lose again

uh-hum

>mfw there the White band called Death is both better and more influential
Stay mad, niggers.

this
also Los saicos from PerĂº

>the essence of punk is being politically incorrect

no.

>Fugs invented punk

actually, it was 1973, it was the fags, and they invented m2m sodomy

>'proto-punk'

you played yourself faggot.

>mfw there the

Nice english brah

Chuck would despise people like you if he were alive, don't make him a champion for your stupidity

it's generally accepted that any punk-ish music from before ramones is proto-punk, which includes death

Great documentary, and I thought their music was really good. That being said they weren't much more Punk than The Stooges or MC5 were. Well maybe a little more... but not enough to be called the first Punk band. Proto-Punk? Well ok.

Was going to write something else, forgot to erase it

>foaming at the mouth because somebody says Death is good
Calm yourself

This. I get a little frustrated when people try and argue a band before the Ramones were the first Punk band. You can't really disprove it but you just know it's not true.

WE
U
Z

You're a fuckin retard, Raw Power was 1972