This was surprisingly good

this was surprisingly good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FG5ems_1Glk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I miss Fruciante

>implying john frusciante's solo work isn't better than anything rchp have ever put out

I definitely hope you aren't talking about his first two albums because those are complete shit.

Great album overall. One of their best efforts in years. That guitar riff in Sick Love is so catchy holy shit

I am, those first two albums are fucking amazing. The guitar playing in his first album is unreal and fucking amazing.

I was disappointed with their last album that had Josh. He let the bass lead and played minimal guitar. Is that the same on this album?

Frusciante was best with RHCP

The intro to sick love sounds so much like Time and Breathe by Pink Floyd

Encore and Dark nessecities are my favourite right now. Gonna listen to this album a couple more times though, see if it changes.

>66 critic score on AOTY
lol dropped

Dark Necessities' main bass riff sounds too similar to Can't Stop to me.

they've reached the point where they are recycling old hit riffs. think oasis and 'do you know what i mean'

All of his albums are great. His first two are disjointed and pretty much just collections of random home recordings. But still great regardless.

Really? I don't hear that at all. SIck Love is funkier than those songs.

Probably their best since BTW. Surprisingly Funky too despite being a more mellow album overall. Danger Mouse's presence is pretty noticeable too. Probably the most they've ever used synths on an album.

I'm not sure, maybe we are listening to different songs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4fcNMYO1JM

^^ one I'm referring to. The piano sounds just like great gig in the sky and when the guitar kicks in it sounds like the intro to time and sounds slightly reminiscent of breathe

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk (0:45)

that song you linked sounds like the verse in Time too

I find it funny how this album dropped on the same day as the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure episode about the stand Red Hot Chili Pepper

Yeah that's not Sick Love. That was uploaded back in May... just some fake.

Here's the actual song just in case you're interested youtube.com/watch?v=FG5ems_1Glk

That's kinda cool, I like it. The vocal hook in the chorus reminds me of Kid Rock's All Summer Long

Ugh really? I get more of an Elton John vibe from it. Although maybe that's just because I already know he plays piano on it/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA
(0:56)

I'm not really sure, maybe I'm hearing things but its what popper into my head immediately

Still don't really hear it. I guess I understand where you're coming from but I certainly wouldn't have ever made that connection.

The songs are so different anyway.

>I get more of an Elton John vibe from it.
This. It's more like Benny and the Jets than some fucking Kid Rock song.

No not the song in itself, just the chorus vocal melody

I hated the piano parts.

i can never unhear this -.-

Is it really their best since By The Way? How does it compare to it?

It kind of sounds like By The Way and I'm With You had a baby with some highlights of sounds from previous albums spread throughout, whilst at the same time adopting lots of new musical ideas for the band. I wouldn't say it's better than Stadium Arcadium, but I think it's good enough that I could see how some people would like it more.

>It kind of sounds like By The Way and I'm With You had a baby with some highlights of sounds from previous albums spread throughout
Pretty much this. It's mellow and prettier like BTW but it clearly has Josh's songwriting style and not John's. Plus there are a few "Rockers" that are more like their older albums.