remove kebab

>holy roman empire
>wasn't holy
>wasn't roman
>wasn't much of an empire
I wonder if Thom knew this when writing the lyrics

they were, until the degenerate Habsburgs took over

did you even go to school

>empire was created by the church but not run by them, and therefore wasn't any more "holy" than any other empire
>rome wasn't part of the empire
>it was more a collection of small states than a proper empire

What about my logic is wrong?

yes, thats the point
he's clearly mocking whoever he's talking to in the song

What did HE mean by this?

>
>
>

WALCOTT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT'S INSANE

holy kek, that's the hardest I've laughed at a Sup Forums post in months

To put it succinctly, it's an anti-catholic jab.

Thom Yorke is a well-known anti-catholic in the underground community, and he puts his beliefs onto his songs

>Holy Roman Empire
Clearly referencing the Vatican and their huge influence over all of Christianity. Thom Yorke has revealed in multiple interviews that he hates the church and opposes all of their globalist actions.

This isn't the first song about the church he's written. There's been plenty, including:

>Pop is Dead
>Just
>Let Down
And so on and so forth

I just always assumed it was a succinct way of calling the surveillance state a form of dogmatic tyranny. See also: Life in a Glasshouse

I sniggered

Girls can’t into Radiohead. For the most part they listen to him because it’s a fashion statement. They think “lol so weird”. Women need constant validation from others so they seek out sub-cultures to be apart of.

What they don’t realize is that Radiohead is about masculinity and male dominance. Women are too fucking stupid to even pay attention to lyrics

“You look so pretty when you're on your knees, disinfected and eager to please” Women are nothing but a sack of flesh with pleasure holes for sole purpose of sucking off Thom

"But I'm a creep”, "creep" meaning the true creepy desires that reside in the male. A good majority of the song talks about fucking drugged out, unaware sluts and whores.

That’s only a few examples of their lyrics that show a common theme of male superiority. And for Christ sake all of the members of Radiohead are males, just imagine that testosterone. Then there’s that video of Thom Yorke pushing that dancing whore off the stage. Sure he probably pushes anybody off stage, but most frontmen wouldn’t push a female.

the fact that its all opinions. it was de facto holy, roman, and an empire.

You know, something tells me there's a little more intelligence and thought in Thom's writing than that. But your opinion's probably steadfast. Sorry you never got laid in high school.

idk if this is a serious thread but it's just a reference to the fact that rome never fell, just became the catholic church

i stick to my belief that most of these types of radiohead songs just have no meaning behind them. it's just strung together words that sound good over the song. thom kind of admitted that for kid a the lyrics were mostly gibberish that was put together because it sounded good/fit the song.

some of their songs obviously have a meaning behind them, but especially with kid a and amnesiac, yea, there's not much there.

Neither did Thom. :^)

confirmed holy, roman, and empire all simultaneously. contrarians BTFO

liar thom a qt

>thom admitted that for kid a the lyrics were mostly gibberish

wew lads he took the meme hook line and sinker

"no"