What's some good sad/dark folk music?

What's some good sad/dark folk music?

for starters...

Mastodon- joseph Merrick
Woods of Desolation- November

How is that drug addict still having big arms? Don't these types are like skinny and shit?

Has anyone fused goth with folk?
If not i just invented it.
Join me in the folk goth scene

Could be his first time. Also in high school I met an ex-heroin addict who was fucking jacked.

Too late, Swans did it

Right Away! Great Captain trilogy

This album is devastating. It might have more of an impact for women (not that the experiences are really gender specific, but seem more common for women).

>Has anyone fused goth with folk?

Giles Corey

Just about to post that.
>"I want to feel the way I feel when I'm asleep"

Fuck man, shit's powerful.

i think it's one of the best albums of the '90s

for some reason lisa germano gets no attention here

;_;

Where to start with Giles Corey? Or do you have a flowchart or something?

I think it might be a gender thing. Especially this album. It has a song called cry wolf about how no one takes rape victims seriously and blames them for what happened. I can see that making some of the users here angry lol

I recommend the song No One Is Ever Going to Want Me as the first song to listen to from him.

I wouldn't exactly recommend what the other guy did but start with the s/t.

Giles Corey - Giles Corey

yeah i think you're right

i heard that lisa germano suffered through a situation similar to the 911 call on '... A Psychopath' but i'm not sure about that

so many of her songs are related to a young girl being dominated

Folk punk was pretty popualt the last some years, but feels pretty played out.
I think folk goth could be the next big thing.
Like robert smith wearing a black flannel and wandering the woods at night music, do they even make black flannel

Yeah, I heard she dealt with a stalker or two. Scary stuff. I think a lot of her songs are especially poignant if you've experienced any form of sexual harrassment or assault yourself.

Basically the entire genre of Neofolk.

>mfw
That nigga is stealin my high

How has Matt Elliott not been mentioned yet

This is the greatest goth folk slowcore drum and bass record of all time.

it would be such a perfect album for so many damaged girls. i've never heard anything else on this subject matter that is as good and also accurate

it sounds like you've almost definitely heard them already but in case anyone else is interested, her other albums are great too

with the exception of geek the girl i think that excerpts from a love circus, slide and happiness are her best. on the way down from the moon palace is quite good too

he probably got jacked after quitting heroin

I could easily see weightlifting and general exercise being a transition from heroin, endorphins and all that.

Yeah, exactly. And music like that can really help you deal after or during a traumatic experience. At least I find. There are a handful of other artists I can think of that do a decent job with subject matter like this, but that should probably be its own thread.

Anything with Jackson C Frank. The man's suffering was biblical, which translates well into his music.

current 93 - sleep has his house

most recs in this thread are fucking garbage DESU

Dude, whatever genre you just magically thought up, chances are some shit band already did it 30 years ago.

Bamp

Phil has some darker ones