How do I into GG Allin?

Was he just a meme? Or did he have legitimately good music? What should I listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bp_Yd2dChsM
youtube.com/watch?v=99KkbFjZR20
youtube.com/watch?v=oOFpn8vSF-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=sk8b11IQmuw
youtube.com/watch?v=g6h7a1ClJrg
youtube.com/watch?v=_4wiixYYtok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chronologically tbhfam.
His best stuff was before he became a side-show.

I believe the ordinary way to "into" any music, is to listen to that music

youtube.com/watch?v=bp_Yd2dChsM

his best song. He has a few other good ones, but its mostly garbage. He's a bit memey because he would eat his poo on stage and try to rape/fight the audience.

wow that's fucking awful

clearly not someone who wanted to be a musician

His music isn't actually that great, it's mosly hi s live shows that made him stand out (and not just a little)

dont.
even if you ignore the fact that he was literally the most garbage human being
he was also a terrible musician

he wanted to make rock music "dangerous" again

he is what he eats

Literal meme for 2 kewl 4 skewl edgy punk teenagers.

the music itself is terrible, his performance and life story are infinitely more interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=99KkbFjZR20

His upbringing was fucked though, his daddy was an insane doomsday prophesizing evangelist, GG's birth name was no joke, Jesus Christ Allin, he got the name GG because that's what his brother used to call him because he was too young to pronounce Jesus properly "Jee-Jee", his father once tried to shoot the entire family to save then from the coming apocalypse, he came into their room with a gun and said his goodbyes and everything, it wasn't until his father died than he changed his name legally to Kevin, although GG still stuck.

His mother probably wasn't great either, when she's interviewed in that documentary she's seems to off some place else, like she's was very distant, off in LaLa land in her own head.

It's no wonder he turned out to be such a depraved weirdo.

His best work was his cover of Warren Zevon's Carmelita. A truly great cover. I can't really get into anything else of his.

I'll listen to Expose Yourself to Kids when I need a good laugh, but yeah. His life and his live shows are the interesting bits, not so much the music.

Trips of truth.
early GG with The Jabbers is the best stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=oOFpn8vSF-Y

The stuff with the Scumfucs is worth a listen, mainly the split LP & split 7" with Artless:
youtube.com/watch?v=sk8b11IQmuw
youtube.com/watch?v=g6h7a1ClJrg

DIE WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
DIE WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
DIE WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
DIE WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
DIE WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE
WHEN YOU DIE

This girl I fucked, who was a great lay, claimed multiple times she was molested by GG Allin as a child in exchange for drugs/while on drugs. Her dad owned a club in Muskegon, Michigan and was the catalyst for this.

I like this song, does he have any more like these?

youtube.com/watch?v=_4wiixYYtok

MEME
E
M
E

Check out the 'Always Was, Is, and Always Shall Be' LP, 'Public Enemy No.1' 7", and 'No Rules' 7".

thanks man

Enjoy your AIDS!