Turkish Radiohead listening party attacked

pitchfork.com/news/66181-radiohead-istanbul-event-attacked/?mbid=social_twitter
>A group of men angry that the event featured the drinking of alcohol during Ramadan entered the store this evening and accosted the patrons, before things turned violent
Is this what it takes for hipsters to become woke?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism_in_Turkey
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atatürk's_Reforms
youtube.com/watch?v=NjfFpFW9OdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nahhh

Sick of this terrorist shit

upvote

while I'd normally agree i'm pretty sure the dudes overreacted on some people not showing respect for the culture by drinking and eating while nobody's allowed to, that isn't exactly terrorism

>listening to radiohead

So why should this religion be excluded from this kind of criticism? Most other religions accept drinking. Should be be bashed half to death for enjoying themselves and music?

>drinking and eating while nobody's allowed to
???

Ramadan

lol, turky is literally like the only muslim country that embraced secularism you cultural relativist retard.
That faggot erdogan who is like putin but stupider has ruined turkey with islam again

During the ramandan month, the sand people aren't allowed to consume solid or liquid or even their own saliva for a period of time, usually during dusk to dawn.

Turkey is a secular country???

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism_in_Turkey

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atatürk's_Reforms

I know, I'm saying that "drinking and eating while nobody's allowed to" is a ridiculous statement for that very reason

>breaking the sacred traditions of Ramadan to listen to trite like Radiohead
shiggy diggy

kys then

>I can't contribute anything because my life is worthless so I'll shitpost instead

>implying all turks are muslim
>implying turkey has sharia law
>implying everyone has to bow down to 7th century desert culture

gtfo cancer

>nobody

What if you arent a muslim, or you are an ex muslim, or you just dont give a shit.

The leader of turkey is playing a stupid game that will lead to the destruction of his countries secularism, hopefully russia can feed him some polonium tea or a kurd can assassinate him

Why are you even here then?

>Our hearts go out to those attacked tonight at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul. We hope that someday we will be able to look back on Islam as a thing of the ancient past. For now, we can only offer our fans in Istanbul our love and support.
How did Yorke get away with this?

>implying thom doesnt remove kebab

Is Yorke a based atheist?

fucking why should he stop drinking because others are fasting? is that nowdays the way to show respect to other cultures by subjugating to them?

Yet he unfollowed Flyo over that "rape" statement?

it was not a terrorist attack

just some dumbfucks getting angry over people drinking alchol in Ramadan

RELIGION OF PEACE!
ISOLATED INCIDENT!
NOT ALL MUSLIMS!
MUH CRUSADES!

I actually want Islam with its birthrates to take over Europe in the next hundred years, just so I can watch hipsters like yourself thrown off roof tops and set on fire.

It will be grand, like Hemingway sitting with Fidel watching reactionaries gunned down while drinking daiquiris.

But in this case, Habibiway sitting with Farooq with non-alcoholic halal beverages and kebabs.

>next level stuff

Welp, I'm been watching Europe burn from the other side

Radiohead big break came when an Israeli dj played their music a lot

>In early 1993, Radiohead began to attract listeners elsewhere. "Creep" had been played frequently on Israeli radio by influential DJ Yoav Kutner, and in March, after the song became a hit in that country, Radiohead were invited to Tel Aviv for their first live gig overseas

Palestine and Muslims btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=NjfFpFW9OdA

Why did Turkey vote in Erdogan again?

Still radicals

Muslims only know the whip

they're most likely altering the votes
there had been pictures of people literally burning the votes against erdogans party in toilets and shit
and since the media is in his control people have no idea about this stuff

Before Erdogan religious Muslims were slightly oppressed, there is no denying that. Also in his first 5 years he actually did good things, which allowed him to take control of almost half of the voters (most of 'em right wing but not too religious), and support from liberals. Then he succeeded to turn those new slightly religious right-wing voters into full blown Islamists, and the shitstorm began.

lmao

also this, he took control of the media & created his own Islamist bourgeoisie, and the new rich started to feed people who support his party, kind of a pyramid scheme.

that would be an incredibly based statement, but he actually said

"Our hearts go out to those attacked tonight at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul.

"We hope that someday we will be able to look back on such acts of violent intolerance as things of the ancient past.
For now, we can only offer our fans in Istanbul our love and support". I mean "acts of violent intolerance" is essentially synonymous with islam but he never flat out says it.