Post yfw 15:36 of Frankie M

>post yfw 15:36 of Frankie M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rPgu6jcphgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's my face during the whole album

I can't be arsed to find out what that is
Tell me which bit that is

The part where Gira and Congleton dropped the ball.

It's sounds deliberate to me

i think its deliberate too, still shit tho

Ah of course, it's deliberately shit. That must be it

I don't even understand what's bad about it? Like the drums stop but is that not intentional?

Not some enormously big deal, but things like that shouldn't be happening on albums by bands of this calibre. Seriously.

>Things like that
No, Im asking, what is bad? I literally hear nothing wrong.

>Congleton
Have you never heard a pAper chAse album in your life?

Yea and it was incredibly disappointing.

swans last 3 albums have been horrendously tedious and formulaic

How so?

Sounded like an incredibly corny post hardcore album.

They completely cut off in the middle of a cymbal crash IIRC

How so?

Also, nice non sequitur

So?

Mostly the vocals. Just reminded me of something I would have listened to in middle school. I don't think it was *bad*. I just don't have the fondest memories of it. Probably will end up revisiting it tonight now that we are discussing it.

It sounds like fucking trash and is completely unprofessional ESPECIALLY when this album was funded by fans. He should have fucking polished this shit.

Your pleb views on music aside, the first few pAper chAse albums have some really weird things going on on the drums, he's using very weird gate setting on the drums to get some really interesting results.
>It sounds like fucking trash
How so?
>completely unprofessional
Oh is music supposed to sound professional?
>album was funded by fans
How much did you personally fund it?
>He should have fucking polished this shit.
Are you listening to the correct artist?

I've only listened to Now You Are One of Us. Earlier than that then?
How does a particular instrument getting completely cut out of the mix sound like shit? Uh because it sounds like two different recordings were lazily spliced together you dipshit.

>I've only listened to Now You Are One of Us
lol
>Earlier than that then?
Yeah their album and EP.
>How does a particular instrument getting completely cut out of the mix sound like shit?
Yes, that's what I'm asking you.
>Uh because it sounds like two different recordings were lazily spliced together you dipshit.
Not really. Sounds like they muted the drum track at a certain spot to create an emotional effect.

Yeah, know that you mention it I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to Frankie M without having that Boyer me ever again.

Literally the only flaw on the entire album.

>sounds like they muted the drum track at a certain spot to create an emotional effect
You're just trolling now
Will check out those earlier paper chase albums tho

youtube.com/watch?v=rPgu6jcphgA

>Oh no! What's wrong with the drums!!!!

THIS sounds very intentional and has a purpose.
The drum mix being cut so randomly in Frankie M has no such purpose and is lazy editing/mixing

>I don't understand the purpose
>so it must not exist
Maybe music is not for you user

Okay then please enlighten me. What possible purpose is there in the drums being cut out in Frankie M? Or better yet, explain to me what you personally believe the purpose is.

>please spoonfeed me!
Yikes.

I'm not asking you to spoon feed me. I'm asking for your personal interpretation.

It's just a cymbal mute. A drummer hits the cymbal and immediately grabs it, muting it into silence. You've never seen that before?
I haven't listened to the whole album yet.

It's not a cymbal choke. It would sound much more natural if it was.

It sounds natural though. I hear no problem with it. The whole mix thins out and it's a dynamic shift

Why are you so sensitive?

No. It doesn't.
And fuck you. This shouldn't be on a fucking swans album

>Only I say what should or should not be on a Swans album!!

Guys

Guys

Listen hey

Hey guys

I think Puleo and Harris know how to play drums

This sure is a shit new meme

Yea cause it's actually relevant to the music.

Not really.

it was in the final album. it's on purpose. Get over it and stop spamming this dumb shit.

>shit mixing on a part of the album isn't relevant to the music
Kys

>me not liking an artistic choice is relevant to the music
I hope someone pulls a Larkin on your face

It is obviously deliberate. It's kinda like the switch in Storm by GYBE when the pace suddenly jumps in speed. The cymbal getting cut off is a cool sound imo.

>it's intentional so it's justifiable
Kys

Why wouldn't it be? It's what the artist intended.

The problem isn't with the cymbal, it lies without you not having any critical artistic evaluation skills, and saying "I don't like this whaaa whaa!" like a child instead if "why does this exist?" like a thoughtful adult.

There is no purpose for it to exist. It would sound better if the cymbals rang out naturally as they would have had they not lazily spliced two different tracks together.

K

I honestly don't hear a single thing.

>lazily spliced two different tracks together.
How do you know this? The synth and guitar part are continuous

Drum, synth and guitar tracks are all different tracks.

>How do you know this?

Cause it was recorded digitally.

>gets upset over one second of a 2+ hour album
>repeatedly posts about it

Of course but when you record digitally, you can have continuous tracks.

So answer the question - how do you know there were edits?

because i know what it would sound like for one wav file to get completely cut off and for another to immediately start in its place.

i just listened to it and literally what is the problem

Clearly you don't because, as I just pointed out, the guitar and synths are continuous even though the drums are muted.

thats because the drums arent assigned to the same track as the guitar and synths you idiot. in fact the drums would be assigned to multiple tracks to account for multiple microphones.

Who is this Frankie M. after all? It can't be Francisco "Frankie" Muñiz IV, right? Is there something I'm missing here?

TRIPS CONFIRMED IT, THIS IS A NON-ISSUE

Now you are contradicting yourself.

No it would just mean that its two separate takes and the first one doesn't have any way to fade naturally into the second one.

Same desu. The change is obvious but I don't see how its abruptness isn't intentional

>and the first one doesn't have any way to fade naturally into the second one.
But the same guitar and synth track are continuous. So if it was two takes, that is exactly what you are hearing.

Not what I'm talking about
>guitars and synths were recorded over previous first take of drums
>realize that halfway into song there may have been an error in the drum track
>Puleo doesn't want to rerecord whole thing so they just cut the drum mix right there and have him record from where they cut it onward
thats just one of a myriad of things that could explain this. It may even be Thors drum tracks that got messed up in the mix. who knows.

>>Puleo doesn't want to rerecord whole thing so they just cut the drum mix right there and have him record from where they cut it onward
So now he's overdubbing a drumtrack to an already existing guitar/bass/synth track? Nope.

Also they don't because there is a 23 second break in the song. If it was a drum error and he went back in, they'd have patched it up and made it a continuous take. But since there's an absence of other elements as well (as also the reverse cymbal splash leading up to the drum mute) it creates a breakdown to create an emotion.

Listen to 11:18. it should sound like that. pure and simple, there's nothing more to be said about it. It sounds like shit as is, and like a serious production flub.

No I like the other one better, where it's a false build up to a break down. It's more unique and surprising.

>false build up
Its the same riff for a couple minutes with some additional female vocals coming in around the 3/4 mark. There is no build up, it comes and stops and goes into the next riff and its not like you're given any hint that anything is going to change, it just does and with it that fucking shitty "effect" with the drums as you like to call it.

>There is no build up
See >(as also the reverse cymbal splash leading up to the drum mute)

Also
>and its not like you're given any hint that anything is going to change
Why do you need any? You like predictable/safe music?

I'm going to forget about this over and over again and it's going to ruin the song/album for me over and over again. Thanks, Michael and co. :'(