Listen to compilation albums

>listen to compilation albums

I only do this for bossa nova because finding albums for some bossa nova artists is a pain in the ass, I'm sure some of them don't even have albums

>albumism

>Saying a band's best album is a compilation

>listening to albums
>not the good songs

>not listening to compilation albums
>tfw your favorite album by an artist is a greatest hits comp and you've listened to all their studio and live albums tons of times

Well to be fair some bands really don't try to make their albums cohesive. In that case compilation albums don't sound that bad.

listen to genres other than indie rock sometime. There are lots of great compilations out there, especially with music from other countries or past decades. Also, compilations can be great samplers of different artists. Look at C86 for example.

you talkin to me?

Yup

>thinly veiled comp thread
Fuck yes we never have these anymore.

Are these fuckers the kings of good compilations?

The 5 EPs is GOAT fuck you

You got a problem?

Yup

That's the only way to listen to a good Quuen album.

>is a rockist

What about entire discography comps? I've been listening to a lot of screamo recently, and most of those artists never released full albums, just a lot of splits and eps.

This is pretty good, though

Queen II is good tho

Compilations are often far more patrician than p4k indie darling albums that get praised around here

some of the best albums are compilation albums. compilation doesn't = greatest hits. especially various artist comps.

Over time I've come to agree with this stance. I used to be a die hard rockist but the more I listen to the more I realize that albums rarely need to be enjoyed in full

>he doesn't listen to compilation albums
>mfw

I had no idea this was a compilation album. It's the only Modest Mouse album I've ever heard.

pic related is goat

Listening to rock/rap compilation albums is dumb. World music is ok though.

>implying this isn't goat

for the smiths this is 100% true

This is high tier if anyone hasn't listened

you're dumb
world music is a dumb term
you're dumb

Honestly it just depends on the album and/or songs

This is good too for African rock

I probably listen to more 'world music' than you sport. It's a dumb term sure, but a useful one.

Have you listened to this?

>look, listen here, kid, I'M the listener of the most music
okay big guy you're the big winner and listen to the mostest music. still nothing wrong with compilations of any kind, except greatest hits because they're useless in every sense

Yes, that one's good too. I try to listen to any african compilation I can get my hands on. Nigerian has a lot, Ghana has a few as well. I wish there was a good compilation of 70s zamrock.

>compilations thread
>people post Greatest Hits

Traditional folk or regional music is better.

Unless you are just talking about Western genres by local bands.

45 seconds bursts of cacophony don't lend themselves to the album format anyways. Splits are the GOAT album format, too.

>hatful of hollow

>implying compilations aren't the best way to get into singles-based genres

Louder Than Bombs is the superior compilation anyway.