Right, obviously almost EVERYONE on this board has listened to this album

Right, obviously almost EVERYONE on this board has listened to this album,
But what I want to know is where you first heard it.

Did you like it the first time you heard it, did you even know who it was, or did you just hear a song and like it and end up searching the album.

I found Holland, 1945 on a BMX video waaaay back when I was a kid and searched it. And fucking loved the INSTANTLY.

What's your guys' experience with this album?

Heard about it on Sup Forums
Thought it was okay
That's it

There was buzz about it in the early 2000s on some music messageboard I visited. So downloaded Two-headed boy and thought it was just OK

I listened to the album only around 4 times before seeing them live

Same

saw something about Holland, 1945 in a book I was reading

This

I thought aubrey plaza was a babe and she mentioned it as her favourite band in parks & recreation. Thought the album was pretty good, started going on Sup Forums not to long after and found it kinda funny it was the sticky image aswell as there being like 8 threads about it a day.

I haven't heard it yet.
I've been here for 2 years.

I listened to this album a few years ago as recommended by my partner at the time. I didn't get it then but I listened to it again recently and loved it.

I first listened to "Communist Daughter," and since then it's been the only song that's made me cry.

Heard about it from Sup Forums listened to it while sleep deprived on my way to a physics exam.

One of the best moments of my life

I was in highschool, but back then ITAOTS was still a minor meme. Downloaded it and listened to it at home. Fucking loved it.

some irish chick from tinychat recommended it to me.
damn she was cute.

i watched the bassist for the devil wears prada say it was his favorite band in an interview in 7th grade. i looked it up and loved every track. it was the beginning of my transition out of metalcore and into actual music. Still think it's great though. cried the first time i heard two headed boy pt 2 and the horn solo in communist daughter.

heard bout it from mu a few years ago, listened to it, thought it was extremely meh, went back to it, same reaction. Then for some reason, i was in a really depressed, extremely existential time of my life. I was also doing a lot of acid and mushrooms, and the album clicked with me so fucking hard. I was obsessed with it for a really really long time. I love all their stuff, even if it is memed into oblivion.

Saw some friends talk about it on twitter in 2013, decided to try it. More or less bored me to tears then.

2014, I found it in my listening history and decided to try it again. Fell in love. Now I still really enjoy it, it just gets less play time.

My cousin played it in the car when I was in sixth grade, didn't have access to the Internet but remembered the title "two-headed boy". Two years later my family bought a computer and the first thing I did was find that song.

i was probably 14 or 15, can't remember how i first heard it

what i did hear (probably holland 1945) i really liked though

i first heard the title track and wasn't too impressed.

about a year down the road i just bought the album on a whim and immediately fell in love with it. its one of the only albums that can move me in a way that even i don't fully understand.

Saw the album cover on the internet somewhere and decided to give it a listen and loved it immediately, couldn't stop listening to it for a while.
It single handedly got me into music.

I was super interested in "indie cred" when I was a shitty teenager so I was always Googling things like "best indie albums" or some shit. Almost every website I went to brought up In The Aeroplane Over the Sea, MPP, and Hospice. Those were the only three albums I really, really loved at the time and I sort of grew a huge emotional attachment to them over time.

God I hate my childhood/teenage years. I was an awful, inexcusably shitty person. I mean, all kids are shitty on some level, but I was EXCEPTIONALLY shitty.

Shitposting aside how can anyone not love this album.

I still feel bad though because I've never listened to on avery island.

Listen to On Avery Island. It's not as good as ITAOTS but it's really nice. Pree Sisters Swallowing a Donkey's Eye is an instant skip though.

similar story but it was the title track. I never really liked the album until I gave it multiple listens in like 2012

Thanks friend.

I almost like it better for some tracks but it feels a lot less developed

It showed in the RYM chart and gave it a listening. I was not impressed but repeates listenings made me love the album. 10/10.

I first heard about it in high school from friends who browsed Sup Forums and I didn't like it at first. Then I read how it was supposed to be about when I was a freshman in college. I was walking around campus in the fall listening to it when it first clicked and I was in tears.

I was a high school junior when I first discovered this album

My best experience was skateboarding in the city at night blasting it in my earbuds when part 1:34 of KOF2&3 came on and I just increased speed as the speed in the song was increasing and I damn near had a orgasm not even joking.

Worst experience was biking somewhere while drinking alcohol and blacking out before I got there, some guy from school helped me to my bicycle after I just sat at the place I was going to sleeping apparently and he told me I fell of my bike multiple times.

Used to love that album