youtube.com/watch?v=LITnR4ThFpU
youtube.com/watch?v=2t88stnbP0g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hi scaruffi

>judge me
typical Sup Forumsdrone

How does scaruffi's dick taste?

>Have You In My Wilderness at the top

it's a good album but how is it your #1 of all time? listen to joni mitchell's mid 70's work

You're alright, don't know what to rec you though

the albums are in no particular order within the tiers. I'll check out joni tho, thanks

Like your chart
I've had a heck of a time getting into Grouper weirdly enough
Check out Cheetahs

Props for O Pan shame about her Cancer
You have king gizzard twice
Boris - Noise

>You have king gizzard twice
Shit I do, I'll check out boris though

i like u
check out amon tobin ,amon düül, and battles

Circle - Prospekt
also you dig into live Yes at all?

Aderlating - Spears of Gold and Seraphim Bone, Part One

Bleeding Black - Personal Hell

Art Bears - The World As It Is Today

Igor Krutogolov & Thunderwheel - Lumberjack Blues

haven't checked out their live albums is it worth it?

definitely, if you can get over the somewhat mediocre recording quality, Yessongs is absolutely essential. They play everything a fan of classic Yes wants to hear, and they're all absolute fucking beasts while doing so

Everyone else has shit taste

happen to have a mega for the prospekt album? and ill be sure to check out yes live

yikes

I don't really use ddl links, but I can up it to Zippy if you want

is there a reason why you included unwound's worst demo release in your chart, or are you just being ~~~esoteric~~~

that cassette always triggers drones

I uploaded it, so if you still need a dl here you go

Circle - Prospekt
www19.zippyshare.com/v/5RBlmLJ5/file.html

thanks man!

How the hell does he have Scaruffi taste, when he's got several albums that Scaruffi's alright with, such as having Confusion is Sex, and not Daydream Nation?

I like your choices for certain bands. Would befriend. Check out some more no wave, like DNA.

I already like you a lot. I've been meaning to check out Altar of Plagues. Would I like it?

>Everyone else has shit taste
>Has the most contrarian taste of all. Cap'n Jazz and that Microphones album are pretty good, but you'd be mad to rank it above The Glow pt. 2 and Mount Eerie

What's the widescreen one with the ship?

Nice retro thing, you got going on. Any recs for me? I wanna get into the more classical stuff from the 60's-80's.

this one's not good
oh man... this is the wosrt one
oof.......this ones even worse
what are you doing? i dont ever wanna see this again. go outside and play
identical to the last one... not worth discussing
go back to uhhh hot topic?
some good ones here ... some bad ones too
DONT listen to post rock...

you are beautiful

is this thread being raided by blogchat? seriously, fuck off

okay but I'm taking Private Parts with me

>the more classical stuff from the 60's-80's

what do you mean by that exactly?

does my taste look like blogchat to you? seriously, fuck off

what the fuck?

what the fuck?

>I've been meaning to check out Altar of Plagues. Would I like it?

It's black metal with lots of noise and industrial influence. Like it because it's noisy ear candy with a good variety of vocals. Worth a shot. Not the biggest fan of their albums prior Teethed Glory tho.

has been into metal for years but never really gone beyond the classics
is droning someone on RYM
has been on Sup Forums for 2 and a half years
is 26 and thinks he's really special for it

very fair

In need of recs, have a 12 hour car ride in a few days

This Is a Long Drive for Someone With Nothing to Think About

Sorry, maybe I misestimated the years of your albums, but stuff like Dieu est fou, Robert Ashley, the Lulu album, and some of your Italian pics kind of invoked that era for me.

Cool. I was gonna check out Teethed Glory and White Womb awhile back, but never got the chance.

>has been on Sup Forums for 2 and a half years
Are you god?

Check out nmh's other stuff, if you haven't already. You might like other Swans albums, in which case, there's a great flowchart going around. If you like the softer stuff on Soundtracks, check out Gira's other group Angels of Light. I think you might really like them, in which case, check out other 90's Swans. Also, their newer albums can easily tank half of that drive and are incredibly fun to listen to in the car.
Check out Boris, for sure. Then there's Animal Collective's more abrasive stuff like Here Comes the Indian and Spirit They've Gone. Also Sonic Youth's earlier albums, prior to Daydream Nation. Sister and Evol, in particular, are great driving music during daytime and night time, respectively.
Suicide by Suicide.
Other than that, what kind of stuff you looking for?

no, I just figured it out based on your albums.

It's more like 3-3.5 years, but still close.

so you didn't mean necessarily classical music, then? (also Lulu is from 2011 btw)
based on your chart I'd recommend
Metabolist - Hansten Klork
Henry Cow - In Praise of Learning
Remko Scha - Machine Guitars
Cromagnon - Orgasm

pls no bully

listen to the radio

10/10 post good job
:)

same

is that chess album good? or rather do you think i'd like it. obviously you think it's good ;)
it reminded me of my chess teacher or whatever that i had when i was like 10 and the chess problems he'd bring to class, comfy memories
it is that e2-e2 one right? or am i just making a fool out of myself rn

i've never heard of Rym,i don't know what that is?

why are you here?

It's an hour-long, rythmic and repetitive electronic album that has been said to have been seminal to the development of a lot of electronic music genres. An hour of repetition might sound boring, but it's actually very slow-building and layered, and once Göttsching gets to playing his guitar on top it's absolute fucking heaven.

Why are you here buddy.

Yeah, but Lou Reed and Metallica give that feel, regardless. And yeah, I've actually really wanted to get into the nitty, gritty, classical music, but never knew where to start with each composer. I feel like it matters which orchestra or musician preform them the best, etc. Like, I've been listening to some Shostakovich, and I'm loving it, but it varies from who preforms him the best. Thanks for the rec's, though. I'll definitely check those out.

why are you here is the better question
the guy you asked probably still enjoys this place

youtube.com/watch?v=eLxN4CJEJKE

thx
we'll see

Have you heard anything by The Necks? Maybe check out Hanging Gardens if you haven't. Amancio D'Silva's Integration should also be down your alley; solid indian-tinged jazz with great guitar playing.

Tindersticks
oh yeeess

>Håkan Hellström
are you swedish?

>youtube.com/watch?v=eLxN4CJEJKE
I can't even begin to understand what this is and how it is related to what I posted in any way.

I have been into metal for years indeed, but I did go beyond the classics. I think that although looking for hidden gems is a task everyone who claims to like music has to do, the classics are classics for something. I'm just being honest about what I like.

i enjoy it
youtube.com/watch?v=FQAKrnhw8M4
i listened to classical curves 1000 times, its been a few years though

Taking any recs, going to Greece in a few days so some Mediterranean goods and Greek flavoured shizz would be excellent.

yeah, it's addicting for sure. been returning to it lately, along with some other electronic albums

oh shit man, I remember watching that afternoon with falty dl boiler room and he premiered this track for his new label, blueberry records

great vibes

yup
there are like 10 swedish albums on there, pretty easy to figure me out
nice hilliard ensemble btw
listen to this (even though you shouldn't)
youtube.com/watch?v=5QCj-YyjLKM

i don't believe you

hmm yeah I guess, I'm norwegian for whatever that's worth
thank
I will tho, I have heard Pomegranate, about time I check this one out

If you want to be authentic:
folkways.si.edu/folk-music-of-greece/world/album/smithsonian
folkways.si.edu/folk-dances-of-greece/world/music/album/smithsonian

If you want to be pretty:
youtube.com/watch?v=2xmxeDn9XK4
youtube.com/watch?v=MaEBODZoYRs

check out daemonia nymphe, for some hellenic flavoured music as you said
πχ youtube.com/watch?v=-OSXOSD9YMM

Also, for general Mediterranean moods you should check out Stephan Micus. He got a pretty expansive discography, but thankfully he's really consistent. The thing that really varies from release to release is the instrumentation with his voice almost being the only constant.

Guitars and flutes:
youtube.com/watch?v=VvmiBxIyCGo

Steel drums, harps and flute:
youtube.com/watch?v=LITnR4ThFpU

i
here. I'm looking for more obscure stuff, preferably with some unique sampling involved. I'll def check out angels of light.

Lets see... mainly:
La Terra - Aktuala
Not really greek or meditaranian, but it's world music, so it might as well be.
Anything by Dirty Three give a mediteranian feel for me, for sure. When I went to Greece, it was on a cruise, so I instantly get that vibe from it.

Other's I would reccomend, with less impact:
>Lunes - Headress
If you don't mind drone, then I recall having some form of feel for this, though it might be a little close to Turkish.
On that note...
>The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull - Earth
Again, only if you like drone. Angels of Darkness/Demons of Light Parts I and II work as well. These last three have a supremely stone vibe to them.
>Anything by Sigur Ros
Sigur Ros is great travel music all around, imo
>The Berlin Trilogy - David Bowie
Might have that kind of feel in some of the Brian Eno heavy instrumental tracks.
>The Great Annihilator, Children of God, White Light From The Mouth of Infinity/Love of Life - Swans
Might have what you're looking for. They're the more easy to digest Swans albums, and are generally soft for them, but some of the albums definitely generate the feel that you described.
Lastly,
>The Velvet Underground & Nico
Also has some of those vibes.

You must be a human genius

Thanks anons! Much appreciated

just had some delicious sushi
hungry ghosts - s/t
the legendary pink dots - 9 lives to wonder
les crane - desiderata
ummm
ummmmm
spazz - dwarf jester rising
common - can I borrow a dollar?

where do you people discover new music?

Rec, judge, whatever, I don't care

thank bub, this is great

YOU'RE A CHILD OF THE UNIVERSE
NO LESS THAN THE TREES AND THE STARS
YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE

Here, or RYM fishing through charts/listings

Diamond in rough progression of discovery when it comes to shit I actually enjoy, but worth it.

welcome bub desu

Art Blakey - Orgy in Rhythm
Fire! - She Sleeps, She Sleeps
Duke Ellington - At Newport (get the original '56 release)
Gerry Mulligan - Night Lights

>Diamond in rough progression of discovery when it comes to shit I actually enjoy, but worth it.
It shouldn't be that hard to find stuff if you're looking efficiently. In my experience, spending a bit of time figuring out if I'm likely to enjoy a record before I listen to it has greatly improved how often I find records I really love.

La Terra - Aktuala (no sampling, but pretty obscure and very atmospheric, particularly when travelling)

Hold Your Horse Is.. - Hella (Zach Hill's other band, besides Death Grips. Not sure if you've listened to them or not, but if you like his drumming on Death Grips, definintely check them out. Btw, I'm surprised Exmilitary isn't on your list, considering you seem to like sampling a lot)

>Still Bummed - nouns (Not as obscure as it was awhile back, but it has some sampling and some of the songs are super fum and catchy)

>Everything Is... - Neutral Milk Hotel (a much harsher album by nmh standards, but it has several sampled bits on it).

Love of Life - Swans (restating this one because it introduces the sampling elements from Soundtracks into their discog. But don't listen to it separately from White Light, it works really well if you see it as a double album).

Sings Reign Rebuilder - Set Fire to Flames (Somewhat of a side project to Godspeed you! Black Emperor. Features a shit ton of sampling)
He Has Left Us Alone, But Shafts of Light... - Silver Mt. Zion (also a side project of GY!BE, and has sampling).

You might also enjoy some Sterolab records, but they all kind of sound the same to me, so I'm not sure which ones to rec. Transient Random Noise Bursts is a popular favorite, and is their noisiest work, if I recall.

very cool selection bub

Steve Kuhn – Trance
Rypdal, Vitous, DeJohnette – S/T
Wayne Shorter – Odyssey Of Iska
Weldon Irvine – Liberated Brother
Sun Ra – Strange Celestial Road
Bill Evans – Symbiosis

just fuck me up senpai

Who has the most patrician taste ITT?

That's some very consistent cover art

Jesus says I am

I dare you to