ITT: massively underrated albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRHQPG1xd9o
youtube.com/watch?v=I9b54yVFZuk
soundcloud.com/yawn/never-knew-3?in=yawn/sets/yawn-open-season
youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The problem with Foster the People is that while they have great pop songs, they get so old so quickly.

>le school shooting band

supermodel was better 2bh

this was pretty well received

>Sup Forums collectively having a "sellout, pleb pop shit" hissyfit
>well received

So good. Seen it posted on Sup Forums sometimes, but not discussed too much. Just got the vinyl.

Alright, so let me say that when I was in tenth grade, I listened to this fucking album constantly. I probably listened to it 500 times, start to finish.

It's decent, but it's basic indiepop. Nothing special about it. Lyrics are unremarkable, if not mediocre. The production is quirky, upbeat, but it's nothing groundbreaking. I don't think an album has to be revolutionary for it to be good, but needless to say, it shouldn't be stale.

It's a fun album, don't get me wrong, but it gets exactly the amount of recognition it deserves. It's like a 5.5/10.

Supermodel is much worse. They tried to experiment but forgot that their project is inherently trite and has a target demographic of teenagers.

Is that really the Sup Forums opinion of it? I've only seen people liking it here.

yeah maybe at the time, but for the past five years I've only seen this:

literally pic related

Sucks that this album flopped. I live in Toronto, and no one's ever recognized my Joyland t-shirt.

What album is that?

I found that, ironically, they were so briefly overrated for Pumped Up Kicks that in the long run, they became underrated for everything else

This was my 2014 AOTY. Seriously good.

Metallica - St Anger

I've never heard this album talked about anywhere. I don't particularly care for their other work, but this was amazing.

I honestly love this album. Too bad they're tumblr now

well if that´s the case that sucks, now i have nothing to complain about

1612 is the greatest song they will ever write

I found this band my first day on Sup Forums along with some other really good bands. I swear it used to be way easier to discover really good shit on Sup Forums back then. This was in 2013 btw.

Lol my girlfriend showed me this band a couple weeks ago. Really cool stuff.

Yeah I used to find a lot more stuff on Sup Forums back in the day. Part of it was last.fm was better/more active and sharethreads were really good.

Not sure if it's just nostalgia, but I feel the same way haha.

that song puts me in such a good fucking mood

youtube.com/watch?v=jRHQPG1xd9o

fucking GKMC overshadowed this, but its superior in every way

One hit wonder desu

their most underrated album and a fucking masterpiece desu

This album was at the peak of the 2000's emo/indie-rock scene
youtube.com/watch?v=I9b54yVFZuk

AOTY 2015

What album?

I'm pretty sure that if this wasn't a Linkin Park album it would be held in an absurdly high regard around here.

'12 and '13 were better.

Good album btw. Also learned about it from here.

First half is pretty fun.

I actually agree with this, you have to at least give Linkin Park credit for attempting experimentation on mainstream

These tbqh

I still catch myself listening to Houdini from time to time. Legit great song.

This is true, I remember listening to the rest of the album and playing Halo Reach and I was always thinking why weren't Helena Beat or Houdini or Don't Stop on the radio (I've heard a few stations recently playing a few of their other songs but, not at that time) especially since one of those three, I think, I don't remember which it's been forever since I've listened to them, was a great summer song.

.."WIAH WOAH GUIZ DID YOUKNOW THIS ALBUMS IN ABOUT SCHOOL SHOTER????:::"""

Don't Stop was on some bullshit shoe store commercial or some shit back in 2011/2012, that was played relentlessly. I don't even watch TV except for sports, and I heard it daily somehow. I used to like that song, too.

Anyway, FTP was always pretty derivative and unoriginal indietronica a la MGMT, Empire of the Sun, Presets, etc etc. They were kinda fun, but their schtick was old before they even got started.

soundcloud.com/yawn/never-knew-3?in=yawn/sets/yawn-open-season
I love this so much.

Posting this to make sure some faggot doesn't unironically place this, it's pretty bad

its like
radiohead meets death grips

Geotic - Hearth & Sunset Mountain (Eon Isle)

People seem to struggle with the word "underrated"

This album would be better if Blackout and The Messenger were taken out.

In fact, just kick Chester out of the band.

literally everyone loves doopee time

ok true

last.fm went to shit with the new version and they haven't patched shit since it released

If this were true, I would be so happy to be wrong. It's genius.

I have my doubts, though.

lol I'm three tracks in right now

pretty garbage typical Linkin Park shit plus the two intro tracks(literally why) [lel oppenheimer's speech so deep amirite???!?!?]

The first half of this album is God Tier.

this band's whole career, basically.

Why wouldn't they sample Oppenheimer's speech in a concept album about nuclear warfare?

Also, the first couple of tracks don't sound like anything from their previous albums, it's a completely different genre and people who liked their nu metal shit complained about it.

sixth track now

still shit. god damn you people

Don't Laugh and Nicole are 10/10, I'll give you.

But the other gems on the album are LMLYP, Birthday Boy, and (on the "25th Anny") Hippy Smell, which are all in the 2nd half. Overall, GWS isn't nearly as good as the albums that follow, and I don't think the first half is significantly better than the second. It's probably still overrated around here though.

I actually yawned as I read this, kek.

>implying this isn't GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI

Definitely. Also the Unnatural World.

ok true

it's not a nu metal album and yeah I can see why their fans would be upset. I guess it's underrated by their fanbase but it's definitely not underrate on here

Trust - Joywave

best track so far desu

>Linkin Park will never make another arabic-influenced glitch hop song

What the fuck, SSOASS is their most overrated album. Most underrated is probably Virtual XI, everyone pisses on it but really they're just pissing on the angel and the gambler, the rest of the tracks are actually really good

ahh, I was listening to this today. It's so effin good >whoa whoa Lauren Marie
>Lauren Marie

Never Squeal, Up on the Hill, Cold and Wet and Tick I think are the best. They made the album for me. Everything after Nicole doesn't sound like the first half. It sounds like a whole different album.

it's like a 6/10
not really that bad

meant for

>And I'm not a robot, I'm not a monkey
>I will not dance even if the beat's funky

This part always puts a smile on my face.

thread should be renamed "ITT: massively white cis male albums"

wtf i always thought that cover was a man touching a woman's leg

Definitely underrated.

I know how you feel. It was the first and only album on my phone for a while. I had at least 1000+ plays of the whole album. But, I still love Torches. It's really well written Indie Pop. You're right about Supermodel though. With greater experimentation came weaker songwriting. Oh well. I will say that "Pseudologia Fantastica" is pretty neat though especially with the shoegaze outro. :^)