Was just reading through some Brian Wilson articles on wikipedia for the umpteenth time when I found this in the...

Was just reading through some Brian Wilson articles on wikipedia for the umpteenth time when I found this in the "Bedroom Tapes" article: "In May 2016, Wilson was asked whether the Bedroom Tapes might ever be released, to which he replied: 'Yeah, I might do that later this year.'"

WE BOUT TO GET SOME FRESH MANIC BRIAN WILSON BOYS STRAP ON YOUR SEATBELTS AND GET ON BRIANS WILD RIDE

Here's an excerpt from the article that describes the music in question: Most of the unreleased recordings are lo-fi; it's unclear whether this production approach was intentional or a result of Brian's disinterest in the recording process.[2] Some of the material has been described as "schizophrenia on tape," and "intensely personal songs of gentle humanism and strange experimentation, which reflected on his then-fragile emotional state."[2] Beach Boys archivist Alan Boyd observed: "A lot of the music that Brian was creating during this period was full of syncopated exercises and counterpoints piled on top of jittery eighth-note clusters and loping shuffle grooves. You get hints of it earlier in things like the tags to 'California Girls,' 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and all throughout Smile, but it takes on an almost manic edge in the '70s."[2] Brian's daughters have reflected on this period, as Wendy Wilson remembers, "Where other people might take a run to release some stress, he would go to the piano and write a 5 minute song."

Sounds fucking awesome to me. Wilson doing complex lo-fi experimental shit is my wet dream

dubs speaking them truths!

Eh

God I fucking hope so I was reading about that last week and wanted to make a thread but I forgot.
Could you imagine if it was like a quadruple disc fucking massive box set of material like around 60-70 songs

been getting into Brian recently. Saw the movie Love and Mercy, pretty good, made me feel for the guy.

That sounds pretty sick, I would love to hear that

Those aren't dubs you summer child.

embarassing

please let this happend, brian can save 2016

>dubs
fucking kill yourself summerfag

I doubt this will happen but that would make my fuckin year.
Dope movie, though I wish they put more focus on the Pet Sounds and Smile stuff, Smile in particular felt glossed over. They could do an entire movie just based on the creation of Smile

Settle down fellas.

brain wont make it long enough to relesase this. screen cap this fuckers

I think the fact that it could be its entire movie is the reason why they left it out. Covering that would make the movie feel bloated. They had an idea of what they wanted to make the movie be and they did a great job at it.

Thinking about it though, the whole Smile thing would work perfectly for a special edition disk.

damn
hell be fine

damn, checked

he probably forgot he said it later that day

You're both right

have you seen any of his performances? one step in already

Classic musician

POST YFW WE GET AN ENTIRE ALBUM OF PROTO-CHILLWAVE

>Most of the unreleased recordings are lo-fi

9.2 bnm

Lo-fi in this instance isn't going to be a good thing. It's not as if it's being done as an interesting production quirk, it's just demo quality stuff. If that passage is anything to go by, most of it is musical sketches on piano or vocals so there's no credible timbral reason the recording quality being poor will make them sound better.