Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ect7SNvz
youtube.com/watch?v=cecVLsBaZLQ
mega.nz/#F!C8ITkbyT!Oncn1AFkDWXbyn67idYIbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VkcItO7n1qE
jjamesferraro.bandcamp.com/album/human-story-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thoughts?

I can't wait to see what he critiques next. 7-11?

AOTY

It's good

2meandering4me

What I love about this album is that FSV seemed to be how everyone is wrapped up in technology and buying the latest products and being the ultimate consumer, where as Human Story 3 seems to be about how that technology is robbing us of our social aspects and becoming extremely introverted in an attempt to express our individualism. Our individuality extends into a much smaller space than we'd expect in this day and age, with marketing schemes and consumer expectations being predicted and preset by corporations. So, it's a point of consumerism that drives for the illusion of individuality when really we're all trapped behind screens between such a huge social disconnect that it affects our growth as a species.

There's a certain line, I can't remember it verbatim, but they essentially talk about giving the illusion of "free choice" through marketing and production.

"I say unto you my weary brothers, the Super Me era is here."

I think Market Collapse may be my favorite song on the album.

I really don't know what he'll do next. It's hard to guess. Skid Row came out of left field, so did Human Story 3. I hope he keeps on developing on this almost sequential idea he has going with FSV and Human Story 3. They both share similar concepts and are very interesting to listen to and think about.

I can get that, I am honestly a little underwhelmed with some moments on this album. Songs like Anthropoceniac.

terrible, absolute shit

ferraro is a master troll

fantastic post, absolute gold

user is a terrible troll.

"You've hit your peak, AND an algorithm wants your job. Now what do you do?"

>has ferraro trip
>likes disney/pixar ost the album
what the fuck mate

listen to the real ferraro

lo fi work is better
this is just for the plebs, the commercial stuff, the ironic works. you need to open your brain and neural pathways to different avenues in order to get the early work, but its bolder and the real statement in the discography. the rest is superficial and just for show, showing how you lemmings are proving ferraro's point.

I'll have to listen to i t a few more times before I can write much about it, but Market Crash is probably my favorite as well.
I loved Skid Row, I waited 2 weeks to get it on cassette. Listening to NYC, HELL 3AM and then Skid Row was great for me to see the similarities and differences between the two cities and what they represent to Jim.
I think FSV and HS3 are the equivalent of those two "sister" albums, but addressing things much more global.

ok put the trip back on, at least try a bit nigga

yeah yeah you are a real cool dude who listened to the skaters in 2006 or whatever dude i dont care i want to discuss his newest works.

nah brother, just a true ferrarohead

fsv is superb, but if it is statements, commentary, originality, and vision you want, the lo fi works are your answer.

What is there to discuss?Are you retarded or something?I love ferraro but this is album is a literal meme music.

Quit your memeing the lo fi albums are trash.

>the lofi albums are bad
AHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA

No u

it depends on your point of view
open your mind
take a few pills and fuck around with some men in women's clothing
play simcity on speed
then you will see

memes are now art

Oh, so because I enjoy Human Story 3 that means I don't appreciate his older stuff right? Cause if that's what you're implying you'd be extremely wrong considering Edward Flex is probably my favorite album by him.

I hate this whole idea that you can't like new Ferraro without shitting on his old stuff.

What about his "hi-fi" stuff as you'd want to call it, makes it commercial and "ironic"? Why do people who don't like his new stuff have to insinuate that if you listen to his new stuff you can't possibly appreciate his old stuff? That's a load of crap. Maybe it's you who needs to "open your brain and neural pathways to different avenues in order to get" this and his more recent albums.

As someone who has been listening for years, it pains me to see people polarize his works like this and segregate the fan base between "old and new" like he's some sort of "sell-out". Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

>doesn't understand that fsv is supposed to be disney/pixar the album
Open ur neural patheways a bit more dude

What the fuck is "meme" music about this? If you mean meme music in the sense that its a commentary on culture and society and the effects technology and exponential growth are having on it, then sure.

All of Ferraro's albums are great imo. I like the new shit more but that's my personal view.

>dude drugs lmao

stop

>what is there to discuss
I don't know, this mother fucker has over 60+ albums. We used to have Ferraro generals on the daily with hundreds of posts, even an entire archive with all of his work uploaded to mega.

I'll see if I can dig up the pastebin but I doubt it's existent anymore. We started doing that in like 2012 maybe? Someone even made a flow chart for new comers to Ferraro

I've only heard Condo Pets, FSV, Night Dolls, and this. What else is essential?
If you need drugs for it to sound good it probably isn't good.

is this a cringe thread because holy shit you're making me cringe as hard as this album did

cringe your way out of here then faggot.

is this a cringe thread because holy shit you're making me cringe as hard as possible

i liked marble surf, where do i go next with his lo fi work?

don't get mad buddy, put on another memewave album by james lord of the memes ferraro and chill

I asked you what there is to discuss you said nothing...The theme in this album is OVERDONE.
>Oh, so because I enjoy Human Story 3 that means I don't appreciate his older stuff right?
Never said that but its quite strange.
>Edward Flex is probably my favorite album by him.
Kek.Youre quite clueless considering there are TWO(2) ed flex albums.
>its supposed to be shit
it sounds like a meme music literally.all these quirky sounds etc.
but i thought that this thread is about hs3?if its ferraro general its nice but from the op it seems to be about hs3.

You don't need drugs for his music to sound good. Honestly, some of his stuff is pretty hypnotic on its own. Hence the reason he's often called hypnagogic pop.

If you liked Night Dolls try On Air, Cruisin' The Night Biker Strip, and Last American Hero. If you liked Condo Pets and FSV, you may like HS3. It's more orchestral in instrumentation but very similar in arrangement.

Found the pastebin, not sure if any of these links work but here's a huge portion of his albums. I am half tempted to upload a bunch of this shit if the links are borked.

pastebin.com/Ect7SNvz

trash...

you listen to drake off yourself

I'm not mad, you're just an autistic teen with social anxiety. It's cool bro. I know seeing others have discussion makes you cringe. You couldn't possibly know what it's like to communicate efficiently.

You're correct. Edward Flex Presents Do You Believe in Hawaii is the one I was referring to. It's generally called Edward Flex as Maui Blackout/Liquid Bikini is fairly rare. But sure. I'm "clueless".

And having quirky sounds makes music meme music now? And if it's a thread about Human Story 3, by extension wouldn't James Ferraro discussion be welcomed as well considering you know...he made it? You're being awfully patronizing for no reason. Are you insecure or something?

Maybe something like Clear or Discover. Possibly Pixarni.

youtube.com/watch?v=cecVLsBaZLQ

have you read the Marcel's Music Journal review of HS3

No, and I don't care what Marcel has to say. Why would I?

Are there any other artists that make weird electronic / experimental stuff with as varied a discography as Ferarro? I'm looking for more weird shit. I really love Night Dolls.

mega.nz/#F!C8ITkbyT!Oncn1AFkDWXbyn67idYIbQ
I think this has mostly the same content, but here.

>But sure. I'm "clueless".
Of course considering I already proved you wrong and having ed flex as your favorite considering how many better albums there are ...kek
>And having quirky sounds makes music meme music now?
Because thats what the album is about.Its just a "commentary" and the music is not worth anything other than for the comedic effect.If you dont get that you're quite retarded.
>Are you insecure or something?
No I just want to say my opinion.

I don't really know of anyone that's as prolific or varied as James Ferraro, but for some reason he is often compared to Dean Blunt and Oneohtrix Point Never.

OPN himself is pretty innovative and has progressed through different phases of experimentation himself. It's interesting to see his style change from his beginnings on albums like Rifts and Returnal to something like Garden of Delete.

But yeah, as far as someone like Ferraro? I personally can't name anyone specifically. Andrew Poppy though I'm sure is a huge influence on him, or so it sounds. The Object is a Hungry Wolf is very reminiscent of Human Story 3 and FSV in my opinion. Or, rather, vice versa.

youtube.com/watch?v=VkcItO7n1qE

I like you.

Finally I can say that about a trip.

lol okay kid.

>lol okay kid.
>kid
>calls other people kids when he cant argue to save his life
AHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAH

I'm sure that will change pretty quickly, but thanks. I only post with this trip in Ferraro threads because I really want to encourage discussion about him. He is criminally underrated and under discussed, honestly. I want /jfg/s back man. We used to have some really good discussions in those threads.

because it was an interesting read and i was just curious since you were a fan of the album

i was just asking a simple question, geez, sorry.

I am a fan of the album. Sorry for being harsh about it, I just really hate the hivemind around here that comes with reading reviews and watching Fagtano. Out of curiosity I peeked at it. Didn't really explain anything I didn't already know. It was well written I guess. He didn't necessarily go in detail about why he gave it the score he did. But, not like that matters anyway. HS3 is certainly not my favorite album by him, but its an interesting one.

I like OPN and Dean Blunt is okay. I think the comparisons are there because both he and Blunt did a bunch of hypnagogic pop, and he and OPN sort of defined vaporwave.

That Poppy stuff was kind of neat, but I don't specifically like the FSV sound. It is pretty similar though.

your argument is retarded though.
>ed flex is his favorite so he must be stupid
>music isn't worth anything because its quirky and i'm too stupid to realize the concepts within the music itself

If you really love Night Dolls have you tried Last American Hero? Cruisin' the Night Biker Strip? On Air?

I guess I can see what you mean with the comparisons. But I'm with you man, I really wish I knew of more artists similar to James Ferraro. He's one of the most prolific and versatile song writers/producers/musicians I've come across.

>>its supposed to be shit
>shit
dude didnt say that at all

Ferraro is unique senpai

listening to the album now, as usual he has this really unique style that made me love fsv

>Last American Hero? Cruisin' the Night Biker Strip? On Air?
I've really just started getting seriously into Ferraro. I've heard Last American Hero, I'm currently listening to On Air, and Night Biker Strip is on my to-do list.

This album isn't all that dissimilar to the new age lo-fi stuff of his that I've heard, like Heaven's Gate. It does have more of a "pop" appeal, if you could even call it that.

I think my favorite aspect of Ferraro's music is how disconnected from humanity it feels. It doesn't sound sincere or ironic, no fear or anxiety for the boring dystopic reality it speaks of, just a visitor passing through our world writing down what he sees.

do you have reading disability.I said that the concept is overdone and the music is just there without any reason it doesn't compliment the concept.
what then

I think what's amazing is how his song titles say so much with one or two words

>marketphagia
>gps & cognition
>Neotenous Smart Car

Which one of you faggots keep spamming ? This isn't funny, please stop

Anyone got a link?

marcel

jjamesferraro.bandcamp.com/album/human-story-3

Check archive, I posted a link in a share thread. On mobile right now so not gonna try to link.

but thats not what you said, at all. the only thing you implied was the the music is pointless. and you're wrong about that.

that album is just pretentious shit.

t. low iq peasant
it's not ferraro's fault nature was a bitch to you

its pretty good actually fuck you

yea well you're pretentious shit

Do you have reading disability?
>and you're wrong about that.
explain why then FAGGOT.if youre going to talk like that fuck off already.
>he thinks the album is hard to get and even requires high iq
damn...

strongly agree

I love it when people call music pretentious. Cause it actually makes zero sense.

That's what I thought the first time I listened to Far Side Virtual. If you're willing to give Ferraro another try consider listening to Night Dolls With Hairspray or Sushi. They're both pretty fun and it'll give you some context for his other albums.

The thing about art is that it's completely subjective how you interpret it.

If you think it's pretentious then that is a short coming on your part and no one else.

Also, nice bait.

I always laugh at the irony whenever somebody calls a piece of art pretentious

for example, if someone plays a standard chord progression, scale, etc. and says hey look at this song I just wrote.

Here, have a picture of James with an orange on his head.

That's not pretentious though. That's just someone writing a pretty basic chord progression. To call it a song wouldn't be incorrect, nor is it "pretentious".

>basic chord progression.
>writing
wew

how about you explain why the music only provides comedic effect? let me guess, because it's laughably bad?

>cant even explain why
had no idea that its a YLYL thread.

thanks i'll try that.

OH NO STOP THE PRESSES THERE ARE 17 PEOPLE IN A THREAD TALKING AND THE THREAD HAS 79 REPLIES HOLY SHIT.

samefagging is an artform kid, I don't think you understand

You're petty as fuck bro.

Yes, you can write a basic chord progression. It's all in the rhythm you're playing, the lead melody you use, the arrangement of those chords and the way they progress, which intervals you're using, etc. etc. But yeah, hurrdurr dis m00zok so pre10chus

>arrangement
no its still a "traditional arrangement"

true its just a guess but my hunch is that HS3 is the same concept but at the other end of the spectrum. Its overly convoluted to hide the fact its really just arbitrary combinations of arpeggios etc.

>petty
oh its actually a cringe thread.i feel bad for you.

tfw this album nearly gave me a panic attack because I started thinking too much about how technology is advancing faster than humans can adapt on a social, emotional, and political level and as a result the singularity is less likely to advance us as a species and more likely to usher in a horrific new era of perpetual struggle

We're speaking in hypotheticals here. A traditional arrangement can be used in a song, and be called a song. So I don't really see what your point is here. On paper the chords could be G C D E or something but we really couldn't know exactly how it is played until it is notated. Anyway, this doesn't really exhibit the idea of pretentiousness well, at all.

I guess I can kinda see what you mean about Human Story 3 but I don't think it's just arbitrary combinations of arpeggios entirely. I'm still kind of analyzing the album so I can't necessarily explain in detail what I find to be going on, but whatever it is, I like it. I get this really high class, almost royal kind of feel from the instrumentation and it's all juxtaposed by these ominous lines of text-to-speech droning on about essentially a technological takeover through marketing schemes. It has this very financial district sound to it. The stocatto and pizzicato strings on a lot of these tracks mixed with the anxious arrangements, almost bouncing around as if they can't sit still, seem to remind me of meandering around a busy city bumping into people who pass by but not really connecting with them in anyway, just carrying on with life, yet every inanimate object, flashing light, gleaming billboard is drawing for your attention.

There are uplifting moments in these songs backed by ominous undertones that something dark looms over head. And honestly, a lot of the percussion and arrangements on this album remind me of clocks ticking, it's very fleeting in a sense.

I don't know man, it's interesting as hell but I can't really describe it musically yet. It evokes a very specific feeling in me though, and its one of happy unfettering anxiety. If that makes any sense.

Oh no! He called this a cringe thread! Pack up boys, time to go home. :^(

too many tripfags in this thread

>meandering
then we are both strongly in agreement

and just apparently why I hate it is why you like it

but you still can disprove my points.are you autistic because they are usually have no self awareness just like you.

from little i heard it was far side virtual part 2

which means it was bad.

well actually it's human story 3

ahahahaahahaah very witty