Thoughts?

Thoughts?

starting now

this is the favorite band of my coworker I'm in love with

OP here.

It's my co-workers favorite band too.

It's ok. Better than IWY and a lot of SA. At least they got rid of Rubin and are trying something new. At least they seem genuinely interested in making some great music but I think they're just too old to make something truly great anymore. BSSM it is not.

Loved Dark Necessities, really catchy tune.

Everything else is kind of eh, typical RHCP, singles band only.

maybe we work at the same place

Are you Irish?

:3 tr00 love on Sup Forums so coo

oh I guess we don't then. Actually yes but I'm in Texas

one day...

>Loved Dark Necessities, really catchy tune.
Is it just me or is there a Beatles "interpolation" in here? i.e. part of it reminds me of a beatles song

Typical aging rock band album.

When did they get so god damn boring? I remember being energized by their music, even the downtempo shit like Scar Tissue and Under the Bridge. There used to be power, now they might as well be Train doing Zeppelin. So dull.

And it's not just Frusciante's absence, though he is obviously the most musically talented pepper. It's a general radio-ready rock vibe they've made for themselves that is a go-to for aging rockstars looking for steady touring money.

The problem of Frusciante leaving was filled by getting the best second rate Frusciante aviable.
Josh is trying so hard to sound, act, and look like John is disturbing.

I would rather have that than Dave "wait, RHCP have jam sessions?" Navarro

Yeah, I guess my interest in the band has sizzled a lot too is rest of the problem. It does sound a bit like they are walking a dead animal. The context of this music has died and modern versions of it simply don't match the original ones that were current with their time. If I want that type of music, I go into that age.

Now if they had put some unique spin on it that brought it up to date, and made it matter and speak to something beyond nostalgia, I can see that as being worth an album - but this isn't that.

Navarro was cool tho. OHM is my second most favourite RHCP album because it came out of nowhere in terms of sound. Im glad Navarro came, made that and was kicked.

He's a good guitarist but he had basically no chemistry with RHCP.

I think they are past their prime. The best of the Chili Peppers has came and gone unfortunately. Lets hope another group can come in and take the music world by storm like they did

When they sobered up. The cracks started around One Hot Minute. It's been diminishing returns for me with each successive album. That said, The Getaway isn't horrible.

Pretty much. I know a bunch of 40-somethings trying to make the same music they did in their twenties just isn't possible, but I wish to god it were.

They lost the energy they had in their youth, happens to all of us. The problems with RHCP is that they can't really evolve with their age, whereas someone like Bruce Springsteen, Bowie can

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I listened to the first 3 singles and had hope. But the drums sound generic, and I really don't like the hip hop vibe they put in. Ex: this Ticonderoga. It starts off really fun and then it goes into this drum heavy section and just died.

I like that i can hear Joshs guitar clearly. On Im With You he added texture to the songs rather than riffs. In this album its like 50/50 of riffs and textures and its great!
The album is different but it still sounds like the Chili Peppers. I thought its going to sound not so good but i was wrong. Really dig some psychedelic melodies, reminds me off the old Peppers. Some of the choruses sound Stadium Arcadium'ish. I like that too.
I guess the only negative thing i can say about the album is that piano part in Dark Necessities. Sounds funny but not bad tho. I guess thats the only thing i can think about.

All in all i think its a great album and it will sound even better after more spins. I hate all those Frusciante fan boys who keep "hurr durr muh frusciante durr". God, cringy fucktards.
For those who keep saying that this album is not good and that Peppers lost it said the same thing about Californication, By the Way, Stadium Arcadium and Im With You. You cant please every retard.

Not their best but not their worst. I give it a soft 7 even though flea gives me a hard 9.

I like that Josh seems to have gelled a lot better on this album. Still not feelin Dark Necessities but love pretty much every other song on it.

Just found out about this, havent listened to them in a while. I still need to hear the rest, but the Longest Wave is GOAT.