So is tomorrow the day this board is going to be spammed with this shit? Because mine still hasn't arrived in the mail

So is tomorrow the day this board is going to be spammed with this shit? Because mine still hasn't arrived in the mail..

Got mine already ;^)

slowpoke faggotron lmao
almost everyone has listened to it already

I haven't gotten mine in the mail yet either. Haven't even received an order confirmation

I mean, I know it leaked and I actually listened to it a couple times but I think most people didn't and are waiting to receive the album (could be dead wrong though idk)

Mine hasn't even shipped yet, I just downloaded it from itunes. 10/10 better than to be kind and slightly better than the seer. The album sounds like some ritual, it's not as "huge" sounding as the seer or as "avant garde" as to be kind, but man, there is just something about this. Give it a year and people will like it the most out of the 3.

most people here just pirate phamilia

I mean, if you paid for it, there's no point in not downloading and listening to it, if it's out there. It's technically your's at that point anyway.

Got mine Thursday, Pre-ordered back in April.
must suck to have shit mail :^)

For those who listened to it, what's your opinion?

I'm at my second listen and I think it's better than The Seer, but not as great as To Be Kind, which is my favorite of their last 3 double albums (I think they really have to be understood together).

It has some great tracks ("Finally, peace" really works for me), but it's sometimes a bit "bland" imo. I mostly dig their really repetitive shit when it's really heavy, which is not really the case here. Still a solid album, 7/10 or 8/10.

i bought it, i'm waiting, no rush anyways. if you think it matters, you're caring less about music and more about hype

I got my vinyl a week ago yesterday.

Got mine last wednesday :3

Im glad gira put the dvd in there too.

It's on spotify :-)

got mine yesterday
i'm so glad mute supplied flac with the download code

I like it better than both, I understand why people might like TBK more, but I think out of all 3 of the trilogy, this is the one that returns to the essence of what a swans album is and takes it to its logical conclusion. Half of the stuff on TGM could have been slipped into Soundtracks for the Blind.

>Half of the stuff on TGM could have been slipped into Soundtracks for the Blind.
I agree, but that's what bugs me a bit. I really love what they created with these last albums, and it feels like a weird mix between SFTB and their new stuff, which doesn't really work for me. I liked TBK because they really decided to dig into their new direction.

You can legally stream it from the band's bandcamp.

Seer>TGM>TBK

no idea why people overrate TBK so much must be anthony's fanbase doing that shit.

Thats why I do like it, I think about it more in the context of this trilogy and their career as a whole. It blends almost every era of swans and puts it all into a 2 hours finale. The Seer was definitely the most hard hitting and TBK the most experimental, but I think if Gira tried to push the sound even further it would have failed miserably, especially after the experimentation of the last 2. The whole thing just sounds very natural and organic too, all of the instrumentation is discernable at every moment, I found the other two to get very bassy at points and overpower the rest of the mix, they fixed that with this one.

I'm honestly tired of people talking about this rapist piece of shit. Fuck his music and fuck you misogynistic pieces of shit.

you missed it

Pitchfork review when

Exactly my opinion as well

>Pitchfork review when
who cares

Got mine in the mail two days ago.

I love it, it's beautiful.

DESU the title track and Frankie M are pretty good, but my favorite tracks are Cloud of unknowing and cloud of forgetting, the first two tracks. I think they're some of the best songs they've ever made.

The atmosphere is beautiful. The vocal production reminds me of Iggy Pop's The Idiot, which I love.

Well, I can understand, but I kind of like the "messy" side of the last 2 albums. It's chaotic, dark and heavy. I dig that, and I miss some of that in TGM. It's still good tho, no worries

>Exactly my opinion as well
First time someone tells me this on Sup Forums. Feels good.

I want to see if they're going to take the rape accusations into account in their score, and if so, if they will say so explicitly. Besides, I've bet on the score with a mate of mine so I'm excited.

You're missing out by hating P4K friend, it's nice reading their reviews even if you don't agree with them. Don't be so insecure.

You're welcome user, have a nice day

this is textbook projection but okay friedno

I've listened to it twice as well. Idk maybe i'm weird but I for the life of me can not decide what's better the seer or to be kind and so far I fell the same with glowing man. It's like they are kinda even to me. Although the seer and to be kind have definitely different sounds and feels as far as quality and enjoyability goes It's a tie for me. All three amazing.

TBK>The Seer>TGM objectively d e s u

>textbook projection
please explain

You forgot one
My Father > TBK > The Seer > TGM

>ITT: plebs who haven't come to the realization that the glowing man is the best of the 3 because p4k and fandrongo haven't validated their feelings toward the album yet.

Calling it now: it will get 7.something from p4k and a 7 from fantano, and in 1 to 2 years it will be Sup Forums's favorite of the trilogy once they get over their seer nostalgia.

pre ordered mine on sunday, and it still hasn't gotten here

paying for a rapist's music okay then

How is it better than the Seer

Weird, mine came a couple days ago, had to be shipped even.

Album cover ranking To be kind > The Seer > The Glowing Man

People ranking The Seer anywhere else than no.1 should listen to The Apostate louder.

nothing can beat the seer for me. it's like that album was made just for me.

but TGM is consistent swans, pulls no new tricks really but has some great moments.

I suppose it depends on what aspect of swans you like the most. If you're into the pounding, driving, experimental stuff, then yeah, you'll probably like the seer, if you're more into art rock and "avant garde" you'll like To Be Kind. I just think with this latest album, it doesn't try to be something it isn't, it doesn't try to push the experimentation in another direction, rather, it's a distillation of of the essence of their sound that Gira established in the late 80's through to the mid to late 90's. It incorporates and expands upon the unfinished sound that Gira abandoned when he decided to end swans in the 90's. The album is a very, very smart and fitting send off.

>muh precious seer.

The seer is great, but the glowing man is slightly better.

Gotta agree. The Apostate is insane. Listening to it at high volume is comparable to a psychedelic drug experience.

But The Glowing Man is fantastic too. Swans are just great in general.

The Seer > The Glowing Man >>> To Be Kind

TBK never really felt like a cohesive work to me, rather a collection of tracks.

MOOOOOOONSTERRRRRRR EEEEEAAAAAAATTTTEEEEEERRRRRR

Interesting points. I mean love TGM and maybe in the future you'll be right.

still think TBK is the weakest out of the 3. maybe because WH/WL is the only Art rock album I really like

For some reason the album arrived into our music shop 4 days earlier before the release date.
Already bought it with an employee discount.

>>Tumblr

Innocent until proven guilty

b8

mine came 5 days ago, pre-ordered it as soon as it dropped though

it's better than TBK. TBK is honestly my least favourite record of theirs, it never gelled with me.

i feel like swans are victims of their own success, in that there was such hype around their reformation, *especially* TBK with all the fucking 10s from pitchfork and fantano et al, that all the faggot internet music teenagers have only listened to their comeback albums, and totally overlook the fact that swans are a fucking institution and have had a killstreak of goddamn amazing albums ever since the 80s

honestly fuck TBK, it's not even that good. it feels like swans playing a pastiche of themselves.

Horrid taste desu

gr8 b8 m8
i r8 8/8

fuk off, dumblr

Glowing Man reminds me of Children of God in some ways, not sure how to explain it. It's pretty great.

there's a goth-y CoG vibe for sure in the shorter tracks

Are you saying this just because he moans
>chiiiiiiildreeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Just got done listening the the first song on Spotify. It was great until the faggot came in with his shit vocals

I think TGM is easily the most consistent of all 3. TBK and the seer both have "their moments" but as a whole they have a bit of deadweight too, the second half to Bring The Sun for example, it's just a couple of bass notes with some percussion, and the seer has quite a few moments that don't really hold up compared to the rest of the album that linger too long. I love them both, but TGM is just so well paced and nothing feels out of place; the album slowly builds up to its climaxes rather than just belting you across the head with them. It's a return to what Gira was grasping towards at the end of the 90's and a conclusion to it, it's also a conclusion to what he was trying to attain through reforming swans. People are very emotionally attached to the seer and to be kind, they have their memories and personal feelings toward them, and I don't think people are thinking clearly about the glowing man yet. The "rape" accusation will cloud peoples judgement too, the ones who weren't here when Sup Forums compiled the list of people on facebook close to both gira and grimm who pretty much proved she was a lying nutjob.

I never received a shipping notification but mine came in the mail yesterday

I'M IN THE FUCKING DVD LMAO IT FOCUSES ON ME FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS

**aren't thinking clearly about

you're a star

it's like a side B for to be kind

the glowing man track is really good, there's this really hypnotizing riff about halfway into it

oh fuck off

TBK is the "greatest hits" of swans. i hesitate to use the word accessible, but yeah, there's a reason that it gets queued up by last.fm nerds inbetween a bunch of fucking radiohead albums and is still well-received

Yeah, no. They're nothing alike. TGM is much more dark and brooding, which is where Swans excel. TBK is like post-rock's pop-punk. It's far too upbeat and celebratory.

Energetic? Yea but I would never compare it to pop punk

I'm very excited to see what people like you say when Grimm comes out to admit she posted that stuff in a manic state. I'm friends with the Akron Family guys and know Grimm as a satellite sort of friend. She is a liar and absolutely fucking insane. This will hopefully change the "guilty regardless of proof" concept neoliberals try to push.

Also you can't just fucking dismiss incredible music just because of the musician being shitty. If video evidence came out tomorrow of the Gira bomb pumping a nut into lying lark while she flails around, then sure I'll say wow Michael Gira sure did tape that girl what a dick.

Would I stop listening to swans? No. Would I stop trying to buy all the rare old albums I'm trying to find? No. Why? Because they make great music I don't give a fuck about the person making the musics personal life outside of providing context to their music.

Pretty much this. Everyone needs to read The Death Of The Author.

Besides, countless people have come out and said that Larkin made similar accusations against them which were totally false. She's a lunatic. It's a shame that Gira's wife never released that supposed archive of scatty ramblings and threats that Grimm made against the both of them.

>crazy chicks don't get raped!
Reminder the is a 92% he raped her
>the artist is really not relevant when discussing the art that artist made
Incorrect way to view art.

she did to her lawyers. friend of friend said larkin got shit from his lawyer and had to delete any public info of the accusations or gira would take her to court and in typical SJW fashion they avoid the legal system

>Everyone needs to read The Death Of The Author.
Irrelevant and misguided
>She's a lunatic
Gira isn't?

I'm the second user you replied to, why?

there is no correct way to view art

>typical SJW fashion
Opinion discarded.

Thanks for the non-bias point of view
Did you read the reply?

>crazy chicks don't get raped!
No, instead they have fumbling, drunken, yet consensual sex and then lie about it later, especially when they have a history of doing exactly the same thing to everyone they've ever slept with - and even people they haven't. I think you need to do some research on this 'case'.

>Incorrect way to view art.
You're a fucking idiot. Read some Barthes.

Also
>implying there is a correct way to view art

Youre off to a bad start

they will bring up the accusation but they need to give it a good score for traffic. it's like kanye being a misogynist or any folk artist owning a gun. their politics don't conflict with their need for shekels

Agreed. Can someone post the image with all of the compiled statements that backup Gira and verify that Grimm is actually a nutjob? It's great. Even his ex wife and a guy who worked with grimm and heard her talk about it say she's insane and making it all up. And the heros as gang leaders guys who made a statement saying Grimm lied about the allegations she made about a memeber of their band.

Yea fucknut why is it incorrect? Explain yourself

>Irrelevant
Hardly. It applies more than ever in the social media age, where pretty much any artist can get a cult of personality surrounding them if they're loud enough.

>Incorrect way to view art.
Opinion discarded

Here ya go bud

Fuck off back to tumblr you annoying cunt.

Way to conveniently brush over everything that proved you wrong, retard. This conversation is over. There is an ENORMOUS trove of testimony proving that Grimm is insane.

That explains why she deleted everything/made everything private on her facebook then.

you haven't even read it have you

>gira makes scary music
>he must be insane too lol
you're a spastic. confirmed for never having met him or even watched/read interviews with him

Thanks user.

Sure, if you want to view it incorrectly.
>No they have [here is an irrelevant stereotype]
Also
>I think you need to do some research on this 'case'.
See And
>You're a fucking idiot. Read some Barthes.
You're an idiot. read about Barthes ulterior motives in creating misguided and ineffective ways to view art.
Embarrassing
Oh you've never studied art criticism?
>It applies more than ever in the social media age
Not really. In contrast, traditional forms of art evaluation applies more than ever now.
>proved
Oh were you there when he raped* her?
Of course I have. Have you read anything else? Or are you relying on it out of convenience/laziness?
>>gira makes scary music
>>he must be insane too lol
So are you saying he's an inauthentic artist? Does not speak well for your or him. Maybe change your argument.

*there is only a 92% probability of this btw

Have you got the one where Tony Visconti basically says Gira is a rapist because he had a strong handshake and alcohol on his breath? Fuck that made me laugh Visconti is such a spineless turd of a man.

Slightly better how? On what do you base your criticism? How do you quantify your claim?

i thought it was a good mix of what they've been doing since the reunion, but nothing really surprising.

Title track is absolutely amazing though, this might be one of my favorite Swans tracks period

I feel like it had some of the highest highs of their whole career. The chanting in Cloud of Unknowing gives me chills just to think about, and the reprise of Bring the Sun is much better than the TBK version.
The only tracks I have a problem with are People Like Us (just not very interesting or powerful) and When Will I Return (out of place, bad lyrics, very bare), but even those aren't necessarily bad.

Enlighten me on the "correct" way to view Art

I kinda feel bad when people say Larkin Grimm has BPD, not everybody with BPD would falsely accuse people of that shit

(not saying she did or didn't falsely accuse btw)

You may have dropped your trip but we know it's you, boldfaure

It's in there, pal. Second image starting from the from the bottom left corner.

I have only listened to Soundtracks for blind, i liked it alot, but it is very long and i end up falling asleep 3/4s the way through on most listens, what next?

This person is either

A) some beta cuck nu-male who father was a fucking pussy and didn't teach him how to be a man because he wasn't one himself, or possibly without a father.
>or
B) a crazy left wing art student woman who doesn't shave her armpits because it's opressive

A Culture Warrior who listens to Swans?

Makes sense he listens to rapist music
He's a summertrip, insignificant,

When will I return is great, didn't feel out of place at all, it's about a struggle with a personal demon that you can't seem to grapple into submission and Jennifers vocals are very fitting, she fits in great with swans, reminds me a bit of Jarboe to be honest.