Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-w9PukG97oQ
youtu.be/oY9m2sHQwLs
youtube.com/watch?v=hYxlqTpZ-24
youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8
youtube.com/watch?v=xcDrM3qUDGY
youtube.com/watch?v=-DYZX74qgFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iLqNUvVqpmI
youtube.com/watch?v=FgThnrxI5nc&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=u_VHsD2aa7s&index=22&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=zo3UcnH8y3c&index=23&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=vKSjydW2Ik0&index=2&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjc45l19Ufg&index=6&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=0nW3W-IqYuQ&index=9&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=g-C7dzWn70g
youtubedoubler.com/iATN
youtube.com/watch?v=l2pcrjoO42M&index=9&list=PLAF420C599C609AE0
youtube.com/watch?v=2qBScpdwoqg&list=PLAF420C599C609AE0&index=14
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)
youtube.com/watch?v=RQmwG6Y78Hc
rateyourmusic.com/list/exdeath/hyper_chiptune_top_101_x_turbo/
youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unlike every other aspect of all the games in the series, the music doesn't suck autistic shit through a straw. So I doubt they're kidding.

video game music isn't inherently bad, the old sonic soundtracks are fuckin great

youtube.com/watch?v=-w9PukG97oQ

GOTTA

the metal sub-community on rym has never rated an album lower than 4 stars
guess which community also plays lots of video games

Anyone remember when the mods blared this shit on Sup Forums for a solid day or two

This is objectively good music:

youtu.be/oY9m2sHQwLs

I don't listen to metal at all but I like to play video games.

Suck my dick.

Do you have a gf

Seriously why do the metalfags overrate constantly?

Shit was cash lol.

I don't see anything wrong with this

fucking autists i swear to god

No it isn't.

How is it not?

turn your adblock off asshole

insecurity

probably upset that the top ten albums on rym aren't old school death and thrash :')

>tfw you don't play any video-games but listen to tons of soundtrack
>tfw video-games soundtrack >>>>> movie soundtrack

but that's just objectively wrong user

I like the old Sonic OSTs, but sometimes I can't take RYM seriously either, especially when it comes to reviewing noise music. Also, they all have a hive mind about dismissing some of the anti-art albums of artists like Bull of Heaven and the Gerogerigegege. They're ironically more elitist than Sup Forums at times.

>Green Hill Zone theme is now playing in your head manually

It IS objectively bad. Yet I still love it. What's with Sonic and guilty pleasures?

metal cancerous fans again

Sonic CD's soundtrack is godtier phamilia

no it isn't phamlia senpai tbeeh famtbh milia famili famm thb famdumb fuck

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

Which one Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=hYxlqTpZ-24
or
youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8

The Sonic games after a certain era are trash, and even the ones before that, they're well-programmed and creative but essentially low brow junk designed for 12 year olds, but as far as chiptunes go this is just solid music

Agreed.
Sonic CD is by far the best Sonic OST
Sonic 2 is almost tied for it though.

GOT PLACES TO GO

yes it is tbphwyiykwimf

youtube.com/watch?v=xcDrM3qUDGY
youtube.com/watch?v=-DYZX74qgFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iLqNUvVqpmI

git gud friendo

if any real musicians got lower than 3.72 which they apparently give memes RYM = joke

thank

Sonic has amazing musics though
Even the shitty modern games typically have awesome soundtracks

There's nothing wrong with enjoying vidya music, it gets autistic when its literally all you listen to

say what you want about sonic music but you can't tell my sonic cd's ost is patrician as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=FgThnrxI5nc&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8&index=13
youtube.com/watch?v=u_VHsD2aa7s&index=22&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=zo3UcnH8y3c&index=23&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=vKSjydW2Ik0&index=2&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjc45l19Ufg&index=6&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8
youtube.com/watch?v=0nW3W-IqYuQ&index=9&list=PLs7_awFaeFZFsfYIsuyBOmUQWcNEbiaP8

even unreleased sonics got some cool shit

youtube.com/watch?v=g-C7dzWn70g

>he fucks with JP Sonic CD

lmao no

>he thinks US sonic cd was better
of course Sup Forums always has to be contrarian

just giving you shit mate

What's wrong with the JP/EU soundtrack? It's miles better than the US one.

youtubedoubler.com/iATN

youtube.com/watch?v=l2pcrjoO42M&index=9&list=PLAF420C599C609AE0
youtube.com/watch?v=2qBScpdwoqg&list=PLAF420C599C609AE0&index=14
the US ost is patrician

Anyone who actually cares enough to rate a sonic the hedgehog soundtrack is obviously going to give it a good score

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Remember when RYM's 2015 Top 10 had the Undertale Soundtrack in it and there were actual human beings here defending it saying it was the best videogame OST of all time?
I do.
God, that was abhorrent.

youtube.com/watch?v=RQmwG6Y78Hc

It is really great though.

you could say that for all music

This album is 39 on the top 101 album by people that rated more than 100 chiptunes albums
rateyourmusic.com/list/exdeath/hyper_chiptune_top_101_x_turbo/

2 pokemon games on top 30

WTF
pokemon soundtracks are shitty

>great music getting great ratings

I don't see anything wrong.

Fuck off OP, even the shit Sonic games have GOAT soundtracks.

Not him, but it sounds like generic RPG OST crap listening to the link.
It's the same with the FF7 soundtrack, yet it's rated highly on RYM due to part of the rabid fanbase as I found out cruising through top 10000 albums.

It's obvious playing the game had a massive impact on their ratings (even the very first review in sight on Undertale album's rym page tells us to play the game first and then listen to the OST. Is this some kind of fucking joke?) and they can't seem to understand that when listening the music alone, it's completely uneventful and boring.

Haha! Nice pepe-post bro! You're gonna troll OP so hard xD

>even the shit Sonic games have GOAT soundtracks
>what is Sonic 4
>what is Sonic Chronicles
>what is Sonic Boom

I legitimately don't see anything wrong with that tho

Is it because it's vidya music?

this will probably sound like bullshit but you really do hate to experience the music in the context of the game to appreciate it.

I could go on about why but I'd sound like a major autist properly. but I guess I'll just say, if you actually play the game (especially without listening to ANY of the music first) you are guaranteed to develop memories for every single tune. all of them.

and then every time you hear it you will instantly think "that's what played when I [insert section of the game here]" because it's that powerful.

most people on Sup Forums would agree that a regular album is meant to be a full, cohesive experience; well the game Undertale is the same way but once you've played the game you will appreciate the music a lot more. it's a short game too, you can beat it in less than five hours.

>this will probably sound like bullshit but you really do hate to experience the music in the context of the game to appreciate it.

*HAVE to experience

Holy shit this just brought me back. That game was so shit but I played the crap out of it anyway because I was a kid.

old school death and thrash is great though

There's legitimately good video game music out there, but the truth is playing and especially enjoying the game affects your perception of the music a lot. The soundtrack is only there to enhance the experience, not act as a standalone piece.
It can be really shitty and generic upbeat/"epic"/sad music, but if you enjoyed the game you'll go on youtube and search up the OST to experience those memories again.

There was a Sonic 4 that wasn't Sonic and Knuckles? I'm scared of even looking into this because of how bad it prob is

It's not bullshit. I understand that and that's exactly what I'm saying.
What I'm saying is if Nickelback did the original soundtrack to the game the OST would still be rated highly, due to the actual gameplay being enjoyable.

Gotta love how the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack is a 3.9 but Techno: The New Dance Sound of Detroit is a 3.54 s m h.

Worst Sonic song coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

Well, I can see where you're coming from, most video game music is a lot better in the context of the games they're in than listening to the tracks separately, but I don't think you have to particularly enjoy a game in order to enjoy its music. A lot of people hate the 3D Sonic games, yet the music is always the one thing about those games that gets consistently praised by reviewers and the vidya community alike.

this song makes me burst into tears every time

Oh god, why?