He uses a youtube to mp3 converter to get his music

>He uses a youtube to mp3 converter to get his music.

>Friend blasts shitty quality music from Pandora in your car.

haha funny post friend

>Although he has CD, he uses a youtube to mp3 converter to get his music

Normie here, explain to me what's so bad about this.

nothing, who cares lol

lossy to lossy famalan

>have high quality version downloaded
>listen to the album on youtube anyway

The worst are those that recommend people to use yt2mp3

Person 1:"Hey guys I love this song on youtube, where can I dl/buy it?"

Person 2:"Just use youtube2mp3, I mean isn't it obvious since you're listening to it already."

Person 1:"You're right, thank you sir."

>pic unrelated

Because youtube quality is shit, compared to cds, vinyls, and high quality cd rips friend.

>he doesn't exclusively listen to lo-fi bootleg tapes recorded while the band was on tour

Kindof ironic how the digitization and simplification of music playback had had an adverse effect on quality. Shit's always compressed, unless you have a lossless rip or the hard copy.

>he just struggle to find high quality raw black metal album that is recorded in very low quality

>pays for streaming service, instead of keeping music on device.

>he doesn't transcode all his black metal to 96kbps to make it more kvlt

Bruh, people do this shit?

THAT'S BEST WAY TO APPRECIATE TRVE KVLT BLACK METAL BRUH.

B-BUT HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY KNOWING THAT YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO THE FULL QUALITY OF THE MUSIC?

>vinyls

HIGH QUALITY FOR PUSSY. I AM KING. FULL QUALITY FOR SLAVES.

I enjoy it for some albums, what's wrong with vinyl?

>paying for music
>ever

>not being a part of what.cd

Wrong.
Analogue will always be superior to ANYTHING digital. Not that your Koby boombox knows the difference.

>what is a cd rip

>Watching your local bands you love go bankrupt.

It's all faithfully converted back to analogue with the right equipment.

If you're going to do so you may as well enjoy the music in the best quality possible

>listening to shit quality music

>not using spotify
How can one possibly be so pleb?

Hey man, I know. That's why I usually prefer vinyl for albums originally recorded in anologue.

Enjoy your 192 kbps faggot.

320 is alright.

It is, but you have to pay for that on spotify.

>there are people on MY Sup Forums who seriously think using spotify isn't on the same tier of getting cucked by the music industry as buying music other ways, if not more so

tell me about it

fuck spotify

>can't listen to music on youtube anymore because I must scrobble
>I'm addicted to scrobbling

Is it awful if I use yt2mp3 for ripping samples
My samples often sound really fucked up but it's sort of charming

maybe if you're going for a vaporwave A E S T H E T I C (read, shit quality)

the ACTUAL reason it's bad is that you as the listener will end up judging the music based on its poor ripped audio quality (not as the artist intended it) and not by the musicianship of the music itself

indisputable fact

the plural of vinyl is just vinyl. Like sheep or fish

Sometimes its the only way to find an album, as opposed to buying it for 75+ dollars.

>what are torrents and ddls

Like I said, sometimes it's the only way, I've had albums I couldn't find a torrent of before.

If youre serious, you are fucking retarded and should definitely look into killing yourself

>Doesn't try to offer alternate solutions other than suicide. That one has been duly noted.

quick question dog, you gay?

Only for you.

number of things

>128 kbps
i typically don't give a shit about sound quality, but there's a noticeable difference between 320 and 128. even further so, if you're downloading music from YouTube uploaded by anyone other than the record label or vevo, there's a high chance that the quality would be even worse

>downloading individual songs with no metadata
downloading and listening exclusively to individual songs and not even bothering with the album from which the song is from, is considered an amateur act done by people who aren't really into music (like a normie; I dislike that term but it describes the kind of person that I'm referring to).

that's just one thing. you're downloading a low-quality sound file with no metadata. you will have to enter the album information, title, cover art and everything else manually. doesn't that sound fucking stupid? downloading and tagging a song from YouTube is tedious enough, but even worse, I've met some people who download individual songs which belong to an album from YouTube, and assemble the album themselves, tagging every track from scratch. fucking why?

downloading music from YouTube is pointless and absolutely fucking retarded from every angle

There's simply no reason to do so, besides being too stupid to download music in proper quality.

>uses youtube to mp3 my entire life
>decides to take Sup Forums's advice and starts using zip and rar downloads
>brand new laptop becomes corrupted and crashes after only 4 months of owning it
You guys suck.

Just do whatever makes you happy, I usually use zips, but I always check for viruses afterwards. Never open an .exe file you get from a zip either.

do CDs really degrade in quality?

the fuck man just use soulsk

No user you suck. If you don't know what you're doing then you have no business doing it. It is better to download full, tagged albums than to listen to shit youtube rips. Whether or not you know how to safely do that has nothing to do with anyone else.

same senpai

>buy fidelio x2s
>compare my flac vs a 360p quality youtube video
>like 20% difference in sound clarity

Shit matters even less when you're in your car with its stock speakers, which most people don't bother to upgrade
And not everyone spends 200+ dollars on headphones either, this shit is pretty meme worthy

>there's a high chance that the quality would be even worse
i dl music from the artist's page, which is usually in great quality, audio-wise. you obviously didn't grow up in the age of staticky radio and degrading cassette's if you're placing that much emphasis on the quality of the audio. i've been exposed to so much music that i would have heard otherwise. if that means sacrificing a notch of audio quality then so be it.

>downloading individual songs with no metadata
i go through all the metadata anyway, when i dl from the archive or anywhere else to make sure everything's right before i listen. audio lengths, names, track order, etc.

also i can't torrent. music on yt used to be a crapshoot, shitty audio, etc. but that's changed. if old Sup Forums can't accept that then it's just further evidence that ya'll have been lurking here too long and need to piss off. ive been lurking since autumn of 2012 and it's been great seeing old Sup Forums and old Sup Forumscore getting btfo by the new kids coming in, starting with Ys. through Since I Left You. if these new anons coming in have no respect for your old music and culture then it's your own fault for fostering an atmosphere of memes over matter.

this is why i download everything straight onto my phone

meant for

>loading rar files

what media player support this?

literally nobody thinks this; this is a shill.

I do this sometimes if I can't find the track literally anywhere else.

Literally a Sup Forums meme

the best way to get it in 2016

spotify in 2016 lol

Google let's you do both senpai.

>using Spotify