There has to be something like this out there, i just love the cold, dark shoegazy atmosphere this albums give...

There has to be something like this out there, i just love the cold, dark shoegazy atmosphere this albums give. And no stuff like MBV please, i love them but i'm in the mood of stuff like Deathconsciousness. PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS MORE MUSIC LIKE THIS!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JOKn33-q4Ao
vocaroo.com/i/s0lUx5cFU7qP
youtube.com/watch?v=EtR8CdayzVw
barewireson.bandcamp.com/
planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/desideratum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

maggot brain! not even joking, the title track on that album has the same feel as A Quick One Before The Eternal Worm Devours Connecticut, and im pretty sure they share the same main notes as well

youtu.be/JOKn33-q4Ao

try this
vocaroo.com/i/s0lUx5cFU7qP

There is more, you have to look for it.

You won't find it on Sup Forums.

Some of the songs are more generic MBV-esque stuff, but if you listen further into the album there is some VERY good ambient/shoegaze stuff a bit like Deathconciousness. Different mood, but fairly similar sound.

but that album is incredibly humorous, as much as i love it

this.

thx 4 the rec, anything else?

Honestly, the other stuff in this thread is more or less pretty similar.

try a band called pity sex

honestly just listen to drone or atmospheric sludge metal.
jesu s/t is a good start.

that's a good rec

While I like Pity Sex, I don't think they're really like Have a Nice Life.

This, first Jesu album kind of has the same atmosphere

most underrated EL release

youtube.com/watch?v=EtR8CdayzVw

their other album is good too

Jesu - s/t
The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand

Soundtracks for the Blind ofc

reccing this as well

try this

Black Wing

Deathconsciousness is a pretty unique record so even similar albums don't have the same feel.

Other than the obvious Enemies List stuff like Giles Corey and Planning for Burial, try:

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls with Sand (honestly this album comes the closest to having such a massive feeling as DC)

and

Sun Devoured Earth - I Wish I Would Never Wake Up

please get this album, Dan and his bro made a #rare classic with this

Pity Sex are great but they're not really anything like HANL (other than being shoegaze)

I think one of the things that makes HANL stand out is Dan's vocals. Nothing I've heard really comes close to his style

I made a record like this and I'm also from nearby.

They have an almost emo tinge to them. Normally I'm not a big fan but I think in this case it successfully makes everything more hard hitting and emotional

This is fantastic, thanks

I was wondering the same thing the other day and clicked around the archive looking for suggestions. I found a few bands that came close to scratching the itch from this infographic.

this is great, thanks user

barewireson.bandcamp.com/
planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/desideratum