youtube.com/watch?v=CYApap08Rcc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds like edgy Black Eyed Peas

Year Zero & The Downward Spiral are in my top 50 favorite albums ever

Care to elaborate?

Underrated as fuck

they are pretty cool

they're pretty solidly rated

Was the band that helped me see music from another perspective, before them I was your typical EDM/Pop Pleb

Still love em

The fact that they got as big as they did is still pretty crazy

I enjoy pretty much most of it

God tier pop in the 90s

God tier soundtracks in 2010s

youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He is a terrible singer

one of the only good bands I liked when I was in high school. Broken, Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and YZ are still in heavy rotation.

Also got me into instrumental stuff with the Ghosts albums, NIN holds up to this day

just don't listen to The Slip or Hesitation Marks

Year Zero is underrated as fuck

>don't listen to The Slip

dumb pleb

the quake soundtrack is the best thing reznor did

I remember buying that album when I would still go to hot topic, sixteen tracks and I loved them all

I dig stuff like Corona Radiata, but most of those other tracks were forgettable and not why I liked Reznor at the time. Maybe I should listen to it again, it's been years

This. The concept was boundary pushing. I don't think it got the treatment it deserved. Still is also pretty underrated.

Hesitation Marks was alright, not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. It has a more relaxed, mature sound which I enjoyed.

You should give it another chance, it's a good album. I even liked most tracks on HM, but I'm a Trent fanboy

I don't think HM was horrible, but I just couldn't enjoy it because everyone hyped it up to be Downward Spiral 2. Hell, they even got the same artist to do the cover art. And when it wasn't DS2 I think I was more disappointed than I thought I'd be. I'll give it some more time and come back to it with an open mind

might do just that

thanks Sup Forums

In my opinion, Reznor's voice start sounding way older after Downward Spiral and it really damages the integrity of his music. The old shit is still pretty decent.

Yeah I think a lot of people got into it expecting harsh noises and heavy guitars, when it's one of Reznor's more subtle and calm stuff outside Ghosts. It's a nice listen, no top NIN releases or anything, just T-Rez dropping some fresh tunes.

Also, anyone that likes NIN should check out Prick's s/t. Some tracks were produced by Reznor and it has that 90's NIN feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=4RlYppVwpek

Album is pretty good by itself tho.

>Sup Forums not hating on NIN
I must've caught this board on a low cancer day
NIN are pretty damn good, I'd say.

lyrics are too cheesy but the instrumentals are great

NIN threads are almost always good idk where you've been

>dat satellite outro
gets me groovin every time

I get why people say that but there's a certain honesty to them. again, i'm a trent fanboy tho

>T-Rez

why have I never heard this before, my life is complete

it's part of the charm desu
that said, The Slip lyrically is his best effort

new album announcement when

new Reznor album would be great, but honestly I'm just waiting for him to announce that he's working on a new movie soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=LOEvoRM0gMU

Another of our boy's 90's shenanigans. Album from the bald dude with a high-pitched voice from Judas Priest produced by Rezzy. How can one man by so prolific?

That's why Pretty Hate Machine is great, the overwrought lyrics fit perfectly with all the synthpop

He said he would be working on NIN stuff this year

One of my all time favorites, reason industrial is my all time most loved genre. TDS is my #1 album despite listening to new music everyday. Also adore PHM. I love his angsty lyrics.

I actually think the title song is pretty bad. Interesting for about 15 seconds, and then ruined by the awful screaming.

Great but edgy

Favorite industrial albums? I love the genre and am always looking for new stuff in it.

Also you might dig the Manics' Holy Bible. It's like the spiritual cousin of TDS in theme and mood. The industrial influences there are very, very subtle though.

I wish someone would stick a nine inch nail into my ears when I hear this music.

Ghosts is amazing

Agreed, easily top 5 NIN, probably their 3rd best after the 2 obvious ones.

GOD TIER
The Downward Spiral, Still

HIGH TIER
Ghosts, The Fragile, Year Zero

MID TIER
Broken, Pretty Hate Machine, The Slip, Things Falling Apart

LOW TIER
With Teeth, Hesitation Marks

THE REST

That moment in right where it belongs. You know the one. It gets me every time.

I made this a couple years ago. If you don't think I know what I'm talking about the lastfm profile will highlight the obsession.

I encourage all to listen to the HTDA full length Welcome Oblivion as it is god tier headphone music. Mariqueen has a beautiful voice, and HTDA has a much more promising direction currently than NIN.

Gone Girl soundtrack is also missing from this image, worth a listen but doesn't have the reply value of Ghosts and the other soundtracks.

NIN will work for some people and really won't with others. I have found the consensus 50/50 with my friends and acquaintances through the last decade I've been listening to Trent's work. It's either love, hate or indifference, but rarely mild interest or disinterest.

> Super edgy, super infantile, god awful shit tier lyricism
> still manages to be one of the most influential, ground breaking, and important musical acts of the 90s and early 2000s

Year Zero and the Downward Spiral are still two of my favorite albums of all time also user Also I think Ghosts I-IV is an amazing ambient album in the vein and spirit of Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works II. Nowhere near as masterful as Selected Ambient Works II, but definitely in the same vein and spirit.

oh shit I completely slept on HTDA, I remember really liking their EP but then forgot about them completely, gonna check out their full length now. Are they still active?

*replay value

Also Hesitation Marks is missing which I rank at a weak 7 for music and strong 7 to light 8 for theme. Good all rounder from Trent but doesn't even come close to his classics.

They are still active though haven't toured recently. Welcome Oblivion is a very solid album with awesome pre / post apocalyptic themes.

pic related and black antlers are up there, but I assume you know about coil, nurse with wound, and current 93. Believe it or not I have to say my favorite industrial albums is the OST to silent hill 2 as weird as that is. Also the new current 93 ep is up there
youtube.com/watch?v=Qpmjwtjnu0s
Also time machines ( more drone )
youtube.com/watch?v=CYApap08Rcc

Avoid everything after The Fragile (except for that one live album w/ Still I guess), but that album and all their material that preceded it are about as consistently good as a band gets.

I just can`t get into HTDA.

It sounds pretty great, but then again so does everything else TR related. Just sounds like a project to make your gf happy.

>Also I think Ghosts I-IV is an amazing ambient album in the vein and spirit of Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works II. Nowhere near as masterful as Selected Ambient Works II, but definitely in the same vein and spirit.

Definitely. It might get dismissed as 'baby's first ambient' or whatever but it's coming from a guy who has had a pop sensibility ever since the beginning of his career.

Lmao shut the fuck up. Ghosts and Year Zero are easily better than PHM. All NIN is worth a listen, at least once.

Man, he really should do the next soundtrack for quake champions.