Go ahead, name a hip-hop album that has better flow, lyricism, AND production than pic related

Go ahead, name a hip-hop album that has better flow, lyricism, AND production than pic related.

>You can't

/thread

Buddy buddy buddy, all up in yo face

Liquid swords is second imo

this is the only legitimate contender posted so far

this album is only good production-wise, everyone knows Kanye is shit at rapping, and I know people are gonna come flocking and say "B-but his first three albums!!" and yeah they were good but they can't touch this or OP's album.

these are good albums but have aged very poorly, ESPECIALLY It Takes A Nation which sounds completely silly today.

protip taken, I really can't

In my opinion Liquid Swords has aged the worst, it's too corny 90's. I mean, I love it, but it's got a very particular sense of what's cool, one that has nothing to do with today. It had a brief revival 12 years ago with Kill Bill (fucking time stop flying), but that ninja sword shit has not aged well.

good lyricism and production but not flow. when someone talking hip-hop says "flow" it means something that only makes sense to people who talk hip-hop and by that definition Why? albums have precisely zero flow

A few stand-out tracks, but most of it falls flat with his bad singing. Too reminiscent of They Might Be Giants throughout.

>album is only good production-wise

this. the production yeezus was better than any album ever kanye is a genius i mean a god i mean a genius but fo real this production was just *smacks lip* breh this production was GODLY LIKE fo real the production on yeezus was just....baka....blood on the leaves sample? baka senpai desu

i love kanye and yeezus and TLOP he's the michael jordan of music for real. the production for his music is AMAZING

>aged very poorly, ESPECIALLY It Takes A Nation which sounds completely silly today
time to stop posting

Okay you're talking about something that's purely subjective. You can't just make up definitions that only exist if someone agrees with them. We are talking about hip hop. Alopecia is a hip hop album, so "we" are all talking hip hop right now and in the OP and my's opinion Why's flow is the best around.

>insert album I like more than liquid swords, or a dozen of them

>You can't just make up definitions that only exist if someone agrees with them
That's literally language.

I couldn't disagree more.

Not when you're talking about something that has subjective meaning. If you're saying Why doesn't have flow we disagree on the definition. Why's flow is unorthodox and original that's why it's so class.

In terms of lyrics it doesnt get better than Liquid swords, but also for me:

Stress
Mecca & The Soul Brother
Black on Both Sides
Midnight Marauders

Yoni Wolf, the vocalist from Why?, raps like a folk singer doing fast talk-sing vocals with some punk rock influences. It's not taking after funk, soul and jazz music. When music writers talk about flow in hip-hop they're talking about vocals that are like a sped up version of how those singers used to sing, in funk soul and jazz music. So he doesn't have flow

came here to post this

>flow is defined my music writers
>not the actual hip hop community
yeah fuck off

Production is a little bit weaker on Stress compared to Liquid Swords but it's still incredible

That's cool, you got good taste regardless.

not him, but kek are you implying It Takes a Nation hasn't aged like milk? It's a great album, but it sounds 80's as fuck

It sounds shit today, cmon. Stop living in the past.

Came to post this. It's literally a 10/10 album.

What else from the 80's sounded like Public Enemy?

This is probably one of hip-hop's underrated masterpieces, but c'mon the production is a bit rough on the edges, it doesn't really surpass Liquid Swords.

Madvillainy?

They were original and innovative, but that doesn't make them timeless. They still sound dated as fuck. Almost no hip-hop from the 80's aged well.

Kanye is nowhere near GZA's lyrical skill, c'mon

He rhymes Corolla with Corolla on this shit

Possibly but I still prefer Liquid Swords

these albums have aged like cheese

I'd say pic related is a contender

inb4 Madvillainy

already mentioned here dumbass

Never understood the hype for Cuban Linx. Such a boring album.

>Guillotine
>Rainy Dayz
>Knowledge God
>Criminology

these are some of RZA's best beats

you combine with lightning flash, novelistic vignettes like:

>Fly like cashmere, last year, my team caught bodies in Gravesmere
>Hit a store owner named Mike Lavonia
>Italiano, slanted-eyed bangin them fat Milano
>Selling coke right out the bottle

With complex rhyming schemes and you've got a classic album (to me)

I do think Liquid Swords is better, but it's close

so you got rekt twice