Sup Forums, redpill me on PC&L

It just sounds like dated 80s dance-pop to me.
What's so special about it?

Is it supposed to be like ITAOTS where the elements are pretty standard stuff but the way it comes together is special, or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ73T9jGFQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its 80s pop and really good. THats why people like it

well it has the best album art and the band is tight AF

Supreme

>unironically using the word redpill

>telling people to go to the politics board when they didn't talk about politics

>redpill me
the Sup Forums influx meme was real.

i just listened to it again after a break up and it is definitely my favorite album

it might seem like just dance pop to you but it brings forth such a wide range of emotions

5-8-6 is a really underrated track imo

It's just the tightness of the album that's good. Only the Beach and Blue Monday are worthwhile.

>dated

One of the least dated 80s albums I can think of. The bass and guitar tones and vocals are distinctly non 80s. The slightly reverbed drums and primitive sounding synths are the only thing that make it sound even slightly 80s, and even then, imo it's not dated sounding at all.

Anyway, I haven't listened to this album in more than three months so thanks for the reminder that I should give it another listen OP.

>not knowing redpill's origins

>etymological origins imply that a word must always be used in the same way

listen to Substance 1987. New Order were one of the greatest singles bands of the 80's. Substance gives a really great overview of their career from Joy Division's end to Brotherhood. Once you get a feel for them, then I suggest jumping into the albums with your favorite of their singles first. PC&L is generally considered one of the best but they're all very good honestly

stop getting mad over memes you fucking fag

>tfw your silent face comes on

It's a perfect blend of post-punk fused with their signature synthpop sound of their 1981-1982 recordings. You have gorgeous, catchy pop tunes like The Village coupled with synthpop behemoths like 5 8 6, and yet the album always feels cohesive and never feels disjointed.

It's a beautiful album.
It's arrangements, songwriting, and atmosphere make it stick out from other synthpop albums at the time of its release. The album succeeds at being great, easy to listen to pop music while at the same time giving off a melancholic and chilly atmosphere.
Every song has it's place and complement each other perfectly.

it's a pretty great album. i didn't really get it at first because i was approaching it like you would approach a joy division album

Age of Consent is easily one of the best opening tracks of all time
If you're not convinced to keep listening through after the first song then New Order just really must not be your thing

it's alright, I'm not a new order fan but that record has grown on me. they were better than other synth-pop post-punky bands at the time such as simple minds for sure, but that's an aesthetic i'm not too fond of so ultimately PCL is only solid to me. good album though.

friendly reminder that Ceremony is legitimately the greatest song in existence

youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ73T9jGFQ

This album sounds like it could have come out today.

Really? It sounds very dated to, the synths are extremely 80s

>New Order sounds dated
Underage pleb pls go

I can die to that song.