The Glowing Man

Is this the pinnacle of modern music?

Maybe?

It has to be. What the fuck else could it be?

absolutely not

It would be if Gira wasn't a horny rapey old man

Human Story 3 is

Nope.

15:36

Isn't he supposed to be in jail? :^)

I haven't listened to it, but my CD comes in today and boy oh boy am I excited.
I heard it's like To Be Kind but amplified. What did y'all think of this?

Cymbal choke after a few listens, it's not a mixing or mastering fault because nothing else halts suddenly at that point. It's something that happened when they were actually recording the music in the room, player error if anything.

No. We determined it's a production error via the transition that's on The Gate.

It's better than to be kind. It's more consistent than both the seer and TBK.

>it's more consistent than the seer
If you have shit taste maybe.

tfw when you realise rape accusations can never be shaked

I heard that too, every time swans play the piece there are slight variations. Drummer has choked it for some reason during the recording of this specific take that appeared on the album, he could have even done it by accident and they just let it slip because that take was the best one.

oooooo this is hopeful
The Seer was pretty lit desu
My favorite album by the Swans is Holy Money comp thing they put out. I have it on CD. It's pretty nice.

It doesn't sound like a choke you fucking idiot. Do you even play drums?

Kek. Ok buddy. Have fun with your seer nostalgia goggles while everybody else enjoys this album. The seer is great, but it has a lot of dead weight to it, much like to be kind. Can't wait until p4k and fantano give it 7.9 and 8 respectively then after a year or two it becomes Sup Forumss favorite swans reformation album.

Hard no. It doesn't even surpass The Seer or TBK.

>we will never get another album as good as Soundtracks from Michael Gira
>He won't even throw the fans a bone and play Helpless Child at the shows
Mother fucker.

>defending a rapist
>2016

Sounds like a choke to me. You choke the cymbal when you want to halt the sound during a quick transition to another section of the song, this is where they have done it: during a quick transition to next section. Usually a choke still rings out a bit, but those nuances can easily get drowned out due to all of the other instruments being played over the top. They record the long pieces live pretty much and mix and master them afterwards. If you think it's a glitch, then whatever, it's not the first time an instrment has been slightly cut off or the volume dips significantly in the mix of a new Swans album.

It sounds like shit no matter which way you spin it and it ruins the flow of the song up to that point.
Still a good album tho

>not being a rapist
>not defending one of your own
What are you, a faggot? Put some back bone into your rapes.

They say the reprise of I Crawled was part of the set list for the tour supporting Rope, and then they just stopped because he thought it was corny.

What the FUCK, Mikey.

You don't invite Jarboe to the reunion and then refuse to play any of the old shit. God dammit.

It sounds fine to me, it's better than bass and drums dominating the mix like on the seer and to be kind desu senpai.

I still can't get into swans guys. I just don't know what it is. I wish I loved it like a lot of people on here do. I listened to The Seer a while back and while it was interesting it didn't really resonate or do anything for me.

what was your aoty 2012

I don't know if I had one. Only in the past couple of years have I really become really interested in music.

I've always loved music, just not to the extent that I do.

I'll readily admit that I'm an incredibly big hip hop fan. I do like a lot of genres. Bowie is one of my favourite artists.

So far I've only heard the first song off The Glowing Man but it could be a super mellow drugged out Bowie

I'll download it and give it a listen regardless. Thanks.

anyone have a MEGA?

Be honest with me. Are the ideas as drawn out as usual? Swans always test my patience by repeating the same shit, beating ideas into the fucking ground. Can I expect that same shit this time around? I always give their albums a go, but I'm usually disappointed.

this is the third album in a row of them beating shit into the ground
what do you think?

yes

I'm hitting 35 minutes and so far its just spooky church music. There's literal church bells, om type chants, etc.

The earlier stuff is easier to the repetition wise. Nu-swans doesn't really progress as fast as they should. i.e. Mother of the World taking a full minute longer than it needed to.

Yes

Well shit. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably sit through it anyway because I'm a masochist.

its gud dont worry. its a good beating. not as good as the seer tho imo

NOW you're thinking like a SWANS fan.

3rd song is kinda like The End by The Doors

>and I walk on down the hall

I absolutely loved it, the grooves on the tracks are just amazing, the bass on all tracks is awesome but especially when the bass comes back in on Cloud of Unknowing. Favorite track is TGM though. my mind just melts when JOSEPH IS ME AND YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!

every song in reunion era swans is like the end by the doors

well the first two reminded more of spooky church music. maybe its the drums in this song.

but its worse than the seer and tbk

i'm sure people raving about it found out about swans through to be kind and this is their first "new swans album"

STILL WAITING ON THAT MEGA LINK

SOME user BE A BRO BE A BRO BE A BRO

you dont want to just listen for free on spotify?

Haven't found it myself, but I surely will

I havent bought it yet
Is the vinyl pressing worth?

I assume the poster is just the cover and its otherwise a normal vinyl. Locked groove would be cool.

>Frankie M
2001 core