ITT: Overrated easy listening pop/rock albums

ITT: Overrated easy listening pop/rock albums

Other urls found in this thread:

www83.zippyshare.com/v/J6lJU6tE/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pet Sounds is a fucking masterpiece, so is Blonde on Blonde. Things are only easy listening with the benefit of 50 years of hindsight, Pet Sounds was a pioneering record that has inspired thousands of artists.

Overrated easy listening shit - anything by Coldplay.

what if i told you
that part of what made those albums so great
was the fact that it was easy to listen to
and the skill it took to make it easy to listen to
from beginning to end

ITT: hipsters trying to assuage their fears that they actually enjoy melody and harmony like everyone else

>muh influence

"hard to listen to = good" Sup Forums motto

This.
Blood on the tracks is 10x better

well yeah, but that only means that Blood on the Tracks is a 100/10.

I try so hard to get into Pet Sounds but it never works. I like the obvious tracks that everyone likes plus "I Know There's an Answer". I fucking despise how the recording sounds, I know it's a sin to say the production is bad I'm sorry. It's Phil Spector done wrong.

>putting effort to "get into" a pop album my musically-uninitiated father listens to
>talking about production as if you know what you're talking about

1. you have autism
2. find another hobby cuz music is clearly not for you

>I fucking despise how the recording sounds

have you heard the 1997 stereo mix? it's amazing

I literally record music. Listen to George Harrison's Wah-Wah or even anything by the Ronettes for Wall of Sound done in a way I like.

It's like with MPP or Unknown Pleasures. I can see a lot of good in them, composition wise, but a lot of people get so much emotion out of them that I don't. I love Smile. I love Surf's Up. I even like Love You. All more than Pet Sounds.

I really don't understand why they are put on a pedestal at all. They are pleasant enough albums and nice to listen to on the radio but nothing more.

No I haven't I'll check it out.

Every consider it may have been that way because they were influenced by Pet Sounds?

God Only Knows, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, Caroline, No, Visions of Johanna, Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands, Stuck Inside of Mobile - these are some of the greatest songs ever made.

''no''

"Caroline, No"

lol

>listening to a stereo mix of an album that was recorded in mono and produced by a guy who's deaf in one ear

stupid, stupid, STUPID!

if it's the emotional resonance you aren't getting then I understand and won't argue that.

its not that Wilson took spector's wall of sound and butchered it, it's that he did it differently, with sound clarity and comfort in mind, not so much complete bombast and totalism, especially on spector's work with Tina Turner (i mean, "I'll Never Need More Than This" is probably the loudest pop song of the 20th century)

maybe try getting comfy and singing along to the album? because that's how pet sounds shines; it's not supposed to be borderline-cacophony dude.

well it sounds better so

You Still Believe In Me is objectively one of the worst pop songs ever made. It's Christmas Carol tier. And that fucking clown horn. And the terrible false ending. Awful.

this thread is overrated

underrated

Which of those is a particularly funny suggestion?

well that's probably because you're used to it.

i uploaded a V0 rip of the "Japanese Greenline" mono mix of the album a while ago here; it's the best way to listen to the album.

that's not very intuitive of y-
>objectively
icing on the retard cake

any of them, none of those songs are close to being the greatest songs ever made, except *maybe* Visions Of Joanna could be in the top 100.

www83.zippyshare.com/v/J6lJU6tE/file.html

here's that japanese greenline mono rip if anyone wants it
mindblowing tbqh

Going to have to agree to disagree there, God Only Knows is the perfect pop song in my opinion.

see

thanks man, never heard of this before

Alright. Maybe I just got bad files three times in a row idk. I'll try this.

you're very welcome! :)

yea it slightly caters to your spector-esque cravings without obnoxious compression or EQing like i've heard on many other issues of pet sounds. hope you like it

Any AnCo album shits on this overrated crap easily

why, because anco is trendier ?

fuck off sal nobody likes you

I would say wouldn't it be nice is worse

beach boys were better in the pure pop surfy days

>beach boys were better in the pure pop surfy days
gee, i wonder who could be behind this post