How. In any way would a music critic affect how you feel about an album

How. In any way would a music critic affect how you feel about an album.

who??

Anthony Fantano you fucking newfag.
>T. Summer

How. In any way would using a question mark hurt you.

Your punctuation is atrocious.

he was being ironic, faggot.

autism

I watch music reviews to maybe get a different perspective on an album.

Making questions are for pussies.
Or is it not?

Dude. Go die faggot.

kill yourself

Im a tool who needs others to confirm my taste so that i feel any self-value

I get pretty influenced and affected if you ask me, but not for Anthony Fantoche, that's for sure

capital t?

hello, rato!

Discussion of an album can always make me consider it in a different light, or make me consider giving it another chance, but that's it really.

he points things out about albums i like and reminds me why i like them which makes me like them more

hello, rato!

Well for one I might not have felt anything about the album were it not for them as I wouldn't have heard about it to listen to it

How does getting a different perspective affect your appreciation of the music?

If I see he has a huge following and likes an album that I think is absolute garbage, I would be annoyed for a short period of time, probably five minutes or so.

hello,rato!

hello, rato!

The idea is the critic should point out interesting things about the album and share their feelings on what they thought were the albums strengths and weaknesses. In practice, though, I rarely find that Fantano says anything insightful and often even seems to be MISSING the point

hello, rato!

None, because opinions are opinions. It's nice when you hear good things obviously, but at the end of the day all that matters is if YOU enjoyed it.

h e l l o r a t o

The top of his head looks way to small. Tiny brain?

You may notice things you hadn't noticed before

By blowing me while I listen to it.

You can't convince somebody something is good, but you can make them appreciate it more, perhaps with an insight that others may not have.

No decent critic reviews things immediately. I still maintain that Fantano fucked up big time by giving TPaB a 10 and so soon after its release, but I think he should do a retrospective review of it. How have things changed in music, for Kendrick and culturally since its release.

Scaruffi's legendary Beatles essay works so well because it is not only rare in its criticism of The Beatles, but puts them in to the context of music as an art form and not view them as "merely" a pop/rock band. By segregating them from the art form as a whole and viewing them only in a vacuum its easy to see why they are so lauded.

I don't think any less of the Beatles after reading it, but I do feel that his essay gave me a new outlook on music and music criticism. I should point out I read it when I was young and still getting in to music so you could say it was quite formative.

I enjoy hearing other people's perspectives on things. I can't relate to a lot of Hip Hop since I live in rural England but listening to critics (or non-critics) talk about how something I don't understand is interesting. Trying to understand the context for Straight Outta Compton was fascinating to me. It's ridiculous to have me driving through the English countryside blasting out "Fuck Tha Police", but understanding what they were doing (and enjoying the beats) enhances the experience.

Basically what I'm saying is that a knowledge of context and perspectives from those closer to the music is more important than pure criticism.

hello, rato!

hello ratso

greetings, rodent

it's just crybabies that whine about the score that melonhead gives to the albums

helo rato

hello rato!

already bald nigga ion give a fuck

HELLO MOTO

hello rato

nospam

>Make long, thought out post
>Thread is suspended by memery.

i hope this was post-irony

His reviews get me interested in an album. I usually don't disagree with the guy, though there are obviously plenty of moments where I was baffled by what he had to say about albums that I liked a lot. I wouldn't go as far to say that he shapes my tastes at all, though I will admit that seeing a shit ton of excellent albums on Sup Forums definitely made me into a more open listener, but even those Sup Forums recs didn't 'shape' my listening ideas.

spam rato

Anybody else absolutely sick of opening this board, seeing this cunt's face again and then leaving?

kill. Yourself faggot

1337 5P4M
H3110
R
T

>capital t

t.newfag

Ideally he shouldn't. The thing that music critics are useful in my experience is pointing out great musicians and bands worth checking out. Fantano has actually helped me discover a number of great bands, and since I have very different taste from him, he didn't even like half the bands I found through him, but through his descriptions, they sounded like things I'd like.

Bump