Music Production Software

Hey /mu, looking something simple to easily produce music. Any advice ?

Start with fl studio and learn through a guy called busy works beats on youtube

me_irl

>looking something simple to easily produce music

Summerfags out in full force.

Read the /prod/ op post.

Pirate a bunch of different stuff. They are all fairly similar at a basic level (in terms of what you can do). Try them out and find one you work best with. Read thr manual.

Apple Garageband

test

Renoise. Before you do anything on it, watch the 5 short tutorial videos on their YouTube channel first.

this actually is a good place to start. you can produce some pretty ok stuff on it. Just move away from it once you learn the basics.

I would personally recommend FL Studio. It's easy to learn but you can do some professional shit as well. I messsed around for about one year and just recently started to do it more seriously. Even have a soundcloud now :D

I'd recommend not wasting your time and just getting Ableton. Don't buy it of course. But I used FL for a few years and it wasn't bad. I'd say the biggest thing to consider would be the amount of educational stuff online associated with your daw. You'll be learning everything from text posts and youtube videos, and in my experience Ableton has the most stuff online about it.

its no different than winter

I've been using FL Studio for years, what can Ableton do that it can't?

i agree. You'll have the moost luck with finding tutorials and such with FL Studio, Abeltion and Cubase (a little)

Did anybody try the Lemur System ?

*light chuckle*

does anyone have ableton mega link?

You're just gonna want to torrent it m8

I'm currently in germany for one year and am scared to torrent stuff

Try a proxy

Manage audio well for starts.
Also the interface is way more simple and polished and integrates gr8 with external controllers
It can do all FL can do but even better + an excelent sampler + it integrates audio and midi flawlessly

FL is good if you have been using it for years and are familiar to its workaround, but for someones first daw, Live is waaayyy easier to learn

hmm you are making me consider making the switch...