What is your opinion on this album?

What is your opinion on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=unmwse1v2vY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zu6GO0e9pBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

perfect, like all of enos pop albums
i actually like warm jets more, another green world is just fantastic on breezy summer afternoons

Not as good as Taking Tiger Mountain or Before & After Science t b h

Boring as hell, the audio equivalent of watching paint dry.

naim?

in my top 4

don't quiet know what you're asking bud

One of the few 70s albums that are still listenable.

it hasn't clicked for me, but i'm not the biggest fan of ambient-ish stuff so i can't say much

album art is goat though

This. How do you guys into ambient?

bump

try some "active" ambient first
stuff like Oneohtrix Point Never's earlier stuff and Tim Hecker
I'd also Recommend ambient techno. Gas would make a good stepping stone into the genre after listening to other, more techno-oriented classics like Selected Ambient Works 1&2 and Autechre's early stuff

>Lantern Marsh and up from Ambient 4 is perfect napping music
>Nice ~20 minute nap
>Dunwich Beach, Autumn, 1960 ends as I'm snoozing
>BURRREWWRRRRERRRRRERRRR
>Sky Saw begins and wakes me up

I hate it. I know it's a cool album but fuck it.

just put it on
literally easiest genre to get into

Pretty good 2bh

lol

I'll try it, thanks.
People vary a lot in how they experience music man

Good advise, this is exactly how I did it and later got me into drone

St. Elmo's fire is so fucking great

I can only imagine how much better this album would be with modern technology because the recording quality is its only downfall

I'll add that by OPN's earlier stuff I mean pre-Replica stuff such as Returnal, Rifts, Dania Shapes, etc. (though if you haven't I'd definitely recommend listening to his newer stuff too) and that maybe Grouper would work well too.
I'm actually still going through it but it's starting to work. Mostly it's gotten me able to like droney noise like Yellow Swans.

I don't get it
I realy realy like Apollo but this and his other projects, which ain't ambient, are totaly not clicking for me

personal 10

I absolutely love it. One of my favs

Listened to it on mushrooms once, driving around GTAV (no shooting, just slowly crusing in the city) on a projector, with sound off at my friend's place.

I will probably never listen to it again in my life.

st elmo's fire is heavenly
so is golden hours

i dont know if it was the emotional context from the indie movie it featured in, but The Big Ship is the only song on this album I can tolerate. The rest of it is super repetitive and boring as fuck and has the same problems I have with most of Bowie's stuff. I know it's technically and musically well-made, but the production is too sterile and cold for me to really enjoy it.

Put it on and do anything else. Clean, read, play some vidya, sleep.

Just put on Returnal, that scared me a good bit.

My least favorite of his rock albums

yeah, that first song is definitely different from most of what he's done and probably not the best starter. I still really like it though.

No worries, I'm enjoying it.

seconding tim hecker, i didnt really like ambient but it's more similar to drone so

good to hear then, Lopatin is one of my favorite artists post-2000 so it's always good to see people get into his stuff

That track is some of the best noi I've heard tbqh
Not that I'm a noise expert or anything
I'd recc Galactic Tornado by KK Null for fans of that track tho

B A I T

10/10, to be quite perfectly honest

favorite Eno songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=unmwse1v2vY

perfect

GOAT live version of Golden Hours

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zu6GO0e9pBo

Did you freak out or something?

agree honestly. Never understood it. Sounds like 80s music

Eno writes really bland songs and his production is dated. Some of his ambient is pretty good though, and even if he made Talking Heads' sound blander, his collaborations with Byrne are cool. I don't like his songs or his production work generally though. what's the appeal?

he is my favorite artist although i like wrong way up a lot better but another green world hooked me into his type of music

I'm fucking shocked some of you don't like this album.
For Christ's sake.
I fucking hate Sup Forums.