What the FUCK is their problem?

nothing that has come out after MCIS is better than MCIS

the last great rock album

and SP > radiohead by thousands of light years

Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and God is empty

JUST LIKE ME

Mellon Collie is filler: the album

Thats not great in any sense of the word

Chemtrails and the NWO mostly

what album did you hear? every song on MCIS is great

SP's first 3 albums are universally praised. They are one of the only mainstream bands from the 90's who made good albums w/o filler

Stop lying to yourself dude

lol

they made good albums up until machina 2 everything after is meh to decent and shite tier still love the stuff tho

I don't even like Radiohead but that's a truly disgusting opinion mate. MCIS wasn't even the best rock album of that year

Billy's a dickbag and D'arcy fell down the rabbit hole. James and Jimmy are alright, though.

What problem? That Billy hates Trump protesters?

>AND IF WE DIED RIGHR NOW
>THIS FOOL YOU LOVE SOMEHOW

chills every time

ITT: people who still haven't listened to the original track listing of MCIS which proves it is a cohesive and excellent album.

What's yours?

>still haven't listened to the original track listing of
You mean the vinyl one? How is it more original than the CD tracklisting since both were released at the same time?

oh god i remember cringing so hard when I first heard that

No talent.

a lot of filler but it has some amazing songs desu

it was the first to be devised??? idiot

It's a pretty great line if you don't take it 100% seriously or as self-expression

how do I into SP? what should I start with?

The next year: Pinkerton

Fuck you, I like Pinkerton.

Everything from the original run of the band is pretty good. You can pretty much start with anything.

I guess Adore and Machina are albums that not everybody "gets" right away, so maybe start with something like Siamese Dream. Or hell, just go in chronological order.

Also check out b-sides albums. In the '90s, they were so good that even the stuff that didn't make the albums was usually album-quality. The Aeroplane Flies High is really good.

Also check out the pre-Gish demos, like the Moon tape and the self-titled demo. Before they did psyche-inspired rock, they did post-punk-inspired rock.

Everything post-reunion mostly ranges from okay to terrible, with a couple gems here and there. None of it is essential, don't bother unless you are a big fan who just has to know what Corgan's been up to for the past 16 years.

yeah

Gish, SD and MCIS are their holy trinity

I like all Billco's releases but those 3 are all time greats

NINETEEN

how can you think this? i know everyone has their opinions but mellon collie was full of really mediocre songs

Siamese Dream

Holy fuck, even if you think this album is all right, there were plenty of other bands in the 90s that were great.

I think Adore is also really underrated. It's a pretty atmospheric album.

I like the Machina albums as well, but a lot of people don't and I can get that.

There are only two tracks on MCIS that I sometimes skip ("Take Me Down" and "Tales of a Scorched Earth"). Everything else is really good, imo.