At what point do you think you'll leave Sup Forums, Sup Forums?

At what point do you think you'll leave Sup Forums, Sup Forums?

I'm 22 now, and logging on and seeing these dumb fucking frogs and middle school humor seriously wears on me everytime I come here. The only 'music discussion' here is turning whatever flavor-of-the-week P4K declared BNM into an unfunny meme.

I assume that the SJW's will take it down and make that choice for me.

I'm 24 and this is one of the only boards I feel like I'm too old for. Too much underage shit posting and awful forced me message. You can't discuss anything outside of generals because everyone just shitposts the album/artist/whatever in the first dozen posts or it even starts in the OP.

Mods need to get there shot together and permaban that stuff on sight.

If you want to actually talk about music go to rym, wcd and there Inc's.

This is part of the problem. I find the same people who scream about SJWs are just unwilling to listen to music outside their comfort zone. I don't mean political music or anything, just music they don't perceive as fitting in the "canon".

I'll leave here as soon as I get tired of tripping and shitting here, probably sometime in the next 3 years

i barely posted in 2013/14 but come '15 i started coming by more frequently and now i'm a full-fledged regular again

it's whatever

I think about leaving every day idk I'm waiting for good threads but they never come. It's addicting.

Exactly i'm 32 yo and i will never leave this place

Be honest Montie, you never wanted to become the meme that you are.

I try starting threads all the time but people just don't seem to be interested in talking about music that isn't radiohead or whatever flavor of the month indie is popular atm

yup. they're not even on super obscure artists, Sup Forums just can't maintain a discussion on anything other than flavor-of-the-month material

Soul and Funk generals, Tropical music, african psychedelia, songs with church organs, all 0-6 replies.

Fucking this. I've been on this god forsaken image board since Chanology.

I'm 20, have been coming here regularly for 4 years.
I remember enjoying it when I was getting into music, had some great discussions in the generals. Now even those are just so much unfunny shitposting and unfunny humor (just stuff ripped from twitter and tumblr, I don't know why but it's much worse here than on any other board). Can't remember the last time I've had a good conversation here. I feel like Sup Forums is no longer my "home board". Shitposting is more fun on Sup Forums and feels/hanging out is more comfy on /r9k/. I still come here when an artist I like releases an album in hopes that people are talking about it (like now with Swans) but it's mostly just shitty pop music and charts/"(thing unrelated to music) and your favorite album"/other /soc/ faggotry that doesn't belong here.
>go to rym
I've never had luck there, it's either rambling schizophrenic blogposts with nothing to do with music, or
>I don't like this well-known polarizing album
>Neither do I, guess we're special, teehee

Was here 09 to early 12
Am back as a tourist
There is so much mainstream bullshit
This is awful

am 20 and used to shit post here back around 2009/10 and took a hiatus.
returned recently and it just sad to see that Soundcloud and Jpop threads are the only ones that regularly reach the bump limit.

I've been 22 for almost a year now and I actually go here less and less each day. I actually listen to more music now than just reading about it or seeing it through memes. Seriously Animal Collective is amazing and it took me this long to discover them.

Long story short just cut yourself off you'll feel better.

I'm 30 and I appreciate the shitposting and stupid memes since the rest of the internet and the rest of life is full of people taking everything too seriously

22 as well, OP. Kind of stopped going on Sup Forums around my sophomore year of college.

Secondary question, I thought 22 was young? Is 22 old?

21, I've been coming on here like once a month for around 5 years and never respected this board or thought of it as anything other than a place to get some giggles and post in bandcamp threads. Here's a quality frog for OP