SWANS -- The Glowing PAN

Guys, by the end of the week P4K will have given the new Swans LP a lower score than Colouring Book all because someone accused Gira of the rape.
>inb4 who cares about pitchfork—it's just sad to see an artist's work (and a damn good one at that) hung out to dry for political reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/566-op-ed-ariel-pinks-joke-isnt-funny-anymore/
stereogum.com/1880909/freddie-gibbs-has-reportedly-been-arrested-in-france-on-rape-charges/news/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reminder that Mark Kozelek got panned just because of supposed misogyny

Swans are getting a

No it will be given a lower score because it's a worse/not good album.

5 bucks says it gets an 8.8 BNM despite the rape allegation

As I am typing this post out I am completely nude and utterly slathered in ointments and grease.
My body is glistening and extremely greasy. I've got a pair of latex gloves on because I don't want to get this shit all over my desk, aside from that I'm as oily as they come, totally. My face, my asshole, my cock, just totally, I haven't missed a spot on my body. I'm a greasy motherfucker. It's delicious.

AMA

But it's relevant to the art ya dingus

They won't straight-up pan it, but it won't get BNM. The review will be multiple paragraphs talking about the rape accusation and muh sojiny in the music industry, then some vague bullshit about them not being innovative enough to cover up the fact that they're punishing them for the accusation.

A shame, since it's the best of their recent three and one of the best of their whole career, deserves a 9+.
On the other hand, I doubt anyone from the band cares at all. Also, the more music-as-an-accessory p4k fags who are turned off of Swans, the better.

lets hope people wise up to music reviews that are about other bullshit than the actual album

Exactly what lubricants are you using? Is the grease fair trade certified? Can you bottle it, and would you be willing to sell me that bottle? Approximately how long did it take you to fully cover yourself in aforementioned products?

Do you think Gira likes having Sup Forums as a fanbase?

lol

I dunno, Ariel Pink called Grimes "stupid and retarded", made fun of Madonna, and had "Black Ballerina" on Pom Pom and they still gave it BNM and put it near the top of their 2015 list. I don't think they care about the politics of musicians as much as Sup Forums thinks they do.

How am I wrong?
tbf Grimes was being stupid and retarded legitimately
P4k doesn't like her that much

1) he's never even mentioned on pol
2) do you think his old ass even knows what Sup Forums is

>wise up to music reviews that are about other bullshit than the actual album
No music reviewer that reduces a work of art to a number out of 10 for clicks should be listened to. It's "telling people what they should be listening to" at its purest form. Pitchfork, TMT, even The Needle Drop are authorities on music, and it's obscene how their judgement on music can change how it's discussed not only here, but all across the internet. It actually makes me angry how they reduce music to something that's an "x out of 10", "good or bad", instead of encouraging discussion on it, talking about what they thought were the strong/weak points of the album.
Pitchfork shouldn't fucking exist. No score-based rating systems for art should exist.

you're not wrong, you're just the only nigga still care about mixtapes

>are authorities on music,
lol

Nah Sup Forums mostly listens to shitty metal or bad nationalist music

Not what I mean

Immigrants from Sup Forums come here and praise Swans and slut-shame Larkin. Do you think he likes knowing that those types listen to his music?
See above

Maybe, but I think people overestimate the amount of politics that go into deciding an album score. Also I'm pretty sure there was a pitchfork essay about Ariel being a misogynist.

With the exception of Mark Kozelek, P4K tends to only provide bonuses to "relevant, progressive" artists like Kendrick, Grimes and Beyonce, and doesn't often dock points for being un-PC, or accused of something unsavoury.

Yeah here it is: pitchfork.com/thepitch/566-op-ed-ariel-pinks-joke-isnt-funny-anymore/

plus with mark k it was personal cos laura snapes (the writer who he called a bitch) works at p4k

You're an idiot if you think that people from Sup Forums are now listening to Swans just because Gira is the victim of a false rape allegation. At the very least, some left-leaning Swans fans may have been alienated and some right-leaning might defend him more vehemently, but that's it.

why don't you wait for the review to actually happen before responding to it?

that would seem to make more sense

or if you really want to tread into genius territory... realize that this is a comical and meaningless issue

Pom Pom got higher than Art Angels.
P4k couldn't even rationalize giving Grimes a high score.

Yeah I see at least one other person saying this, but the Universal Themes shit was mainly because Laura has a lot of pull at Pitchfork.

I got banned from their Facebook page for criticizing her work one time.

She's uber sensitive or something.

Sup Forums listens to red hot chili peppers and comparable bands

99% of them wouldn't even be aware of swans

the sad thing is that (even as the type of person that a lot of you might construe as an "sjw") the allegations are completely unfounded and totally bullshit, to the point that most of the public posts she made have been retracted and everybody's moved on with their lives. there's no way larkin grimm is of sound mind anyays

There's no evidence even suggesting the possibility that Larkin is telling the truth.
>he's built Sup Forums into such a boogeyman that he imagines them standing by until a literally who musician accuses an underground musician of rape so that they can come to a different board and dare post opinions he doesn't agree with

If the album is good, it will be remembered regardless of what some shitty reviewer thinks. Mars Volta and Tim Kinsella survived critical panning from hipsters at p4k acting like they can judge "pretentiousness", I'm sure Swans can do the same. Reviewers are jokes anyways, and their hanging of albums is no different from me hanging laundry, and about as interesting as it too. I will never understand why people value critic's opinions over their own satisfaction.

I'm very very left wing an am not alienated though, it's just something inherently unknowable so I don't give a fuck

Recommend others do the same

thnks 4 the enlightening bby

also are pitchfork reviews due for tonight?

>There's no evidence even suggesting the possibility that Larkin is telling the truth.
Quote me where I said she was
>so that they can come to a different board and dare post opinions he doesn't agree with
Quote me where I said my opinion

Do you think he's embarrassed to have a culture warrior like you as a fan?
>right-leaning might defend him more vehemently, but that's it.
That's what I mean.

I was using "left-wing" as a euphemism for SJW

>I'm very very left wing
sorry bernie baby but we don't consider you one of us

we're real radicals here that have REAL intellectual discussions. not something i think you'd be all that familiar with. so go back to r/sandersforpresident and let the big dawgs play

no really most people on here would call me an SJW and I had socjus people I talked to and was friendly with and I still don't give a fuck

Embarrassing for Gira

Do you ever stop talking about yourself? Shut the fuck up you deranged geek.

I think you need to lick my asshole you fucking dork

Pitchfork has no political agenda

>popular music tastes are changing and this is bad
how's being the modern equivalent of a dadrock faggot, dude

Is Swans worth seeing live?

>if you're not a cuck you're a dadrocker!

ok

It's funny how that p4k review tainted peoples perception of Universal Themes, it was a beautiful progression and expansion of what he did with Benji, I'm hardpressed to to choose a favorite out of the two albums, they are both fantastic. Universal Themes is definitely one of the most experimental folk LP's I've heard, its easily an 8.5/10 for me.

A "spoiled rich kid blogger bitch".

Kek, I love Mark. He's been making music since these p4k reviewers where in their daddy's sack and he knows how to banter. They will never win.

Agreed, my dude.

hahaha how insecure can you be

g-guys im not a cuck look i dont listen to black music!!

I didn't even read what he had to say but I have a feeling he was totally fucking right

If you don't like contemporary negro music about asses titties and fucking white women you're a dadrocker!!!

You can't live inside the sound unless you see them live. It's an experience worth the price of admission.

That's okay Carl, keep listening to Drake and Young Thug with your girl, I'm sure it won't condition her to be curious about the BBC at all! Let her go to a YT concert by herself user! I'm sure she won't burn the coal behind your back!!

Gira getting accused of rape is like a rapper getting accused of having illegal guns and drugs.

>being mentally ill
seek help

>rapper getting accused of having illegal guns and drugs
So... it's relevant to their art.

What did they mean by this?

>said the Swansfan

but violence and explicit dark sexual themes aren't in Swans music?

>being a complete submissive beta nu male cuck

Seek testosterone, I can't wait until your gf or future gf burns the coal because you're so socially progressive and "totally chill with her hanging out with other dudes while you're not around".

Why do you keep calling Swans fans mentally ill? I think I read somebody saying that whenever they met Swans fans they had some life issues or were self-harmers or something. Tell me what you think.

But it is?
Are you a cutter?

A black man is surely just being opressed by the cis white hetropatriarchal justice system!

Yes thats my whole point. please respond to that lol

U

stereogum.com/1880909/freddie-gibbs-has-reportedly-been-arrested-in-france-on-rape-charges/news/

Stereogum comment section has the highest concentration of nu-male cucks I've ever seen

I did respond.

What do you want to know?

Why are you asking? I actually want to know what you think lol

About what? What is your question?

>Why do you keep calling Swans fans mentally ill? I think I read somebody saying that whenever they met Swans fans they had some life issues or were self-harmers or something. Tell me what you think.

i agree that its bad (because its swans) but its naive to think the rape accusations won't have any sway on uber-liberal p4k

>Tell me what you think.
About what?

>Why do you keep calling Swans fans mentally ill?

Why do you keep calling Larkin mentally ill?

>P4k doesn't like her that much
Are you out of your mind?
They said Oblivion is the best song of the decade so far

That review single handily kept that album from being discussed with any fervor on Sup Forums and that's a goddamned shame

UT is actually really forward thinking and boundary breaking poetry and its criminally underrated.
Listen to "Birds of Flims" and tells that anyone could make a song about them eating fucking cornbread and talking to a girl in a bar better than what Koz did

>promoting misogyny in music is good
>better than what Koz did
How is that measured?

*tell me
>giving an honest review of an album is bad because he said mean things to someone

I agree, it's a fantastic album that people either aren't "ready for" yet or were influenced by the P4k score. Garden of lavender is also fantastic, so is The Possum. It's some of his best work, I see it as an extention of Benji, or like a double album.

I'm a huge UT fan but I'll admit that it isn't for everyone. It took some of the aspects of Benji and did them even better, but I can see how someone could like Benji and then not like it.

Like the guy in the letter on the Jesu collab album says, it was for his fans.

ut wasn't gonna get a bnm in the original review anyway

>he said mean things to someone
So he's a mean artist who makes mean music. What's the problem?

Don't be butthurt that he got called out on his bullshit.

I didn't call Larkin mentally ill, are you retarded?

Lmao you're a fucking nu male.

"Wahh Wahh an artist has to be nice to spoiled upper middle class brats who write blogs for a living amd live on their parents money"

Fuck off you complete dickhead.

I comment on Stereogum sometimes, but this is true, especially when rap or poptimism comes up. It's really hard to put up with.

>"nu male"
Sup Forums invents a new boogeyman buzzword every day

So you have not observed that most Swans defeners slut-shame Larkin and call her mentally ill?
You are also a mean person. No wonder you like this mean music.

Why are you like this? Do you abuse women?

>Nu male low test beta cuck detected

Mark is an alpha male who doesn't take shit from people and speaks his mind. His music isn't made for weak pussies like you who can't handle light banter and opinion. You'll never

>So you have not observed that most Swans defeners slut-shame Larkin and call her mentally ill?
Nope, considering that they have tens of thousands of monthly listeners a tiny, tiny fraction of that fanbase are on Sup Forums. Most places where there are Swans fan on the Internet that I ever frequented didn't slut-shame Larkin or call her mentally ill.

She is objectively mentally ill, it was clear when she called in Siobhan thinking she'd defend her that it was obvious Larkin suffers from some sort of narcissistic personality disorder
She also appears to be a compulsive liar and might have BPD with how she deals with people not embracing her

>pretending to be alpha while posting on Sup Forums
also it's laughable that you think that Sun Kil Moon of all bands is "alpha music"

>tfw you love Mark and Gira but don't want anything to do with the inbred hicks of the alt-right

It was bad enough having to share the Senran Kagura fandom with a bunch of "hurr durr sjws takin urr ghames" types

Lmao holy shit, there is not hope for gen y as long as people like you exist. Grow some balls and face the real world where people have to deal with dissenting opinions, tough criticism and banter. I can tell from your posts youre a sheltered upper middle class white kid with a weak father and a domineering mother with a personality disorder.

>sjws aren't a real ting
>people who aren't on the left are inbred hicks
>i play video games

3 strikes, youre out of here!

>>>tumblr

Please don't paint all BPD people with that brush mate. I know it's on Sup Forums but still.

I'm pretty sure Larkin Grim has written about how she considers her bipolar disorder a gift.

Should clarify I meant borderline personality disorder not bipolar personality disorder
Sorry if you thought I meant bipolar

No I know you meant borderline personality disorder. They don't all do that kind of shit. Although I know you don't have to accept them because objectively they can be difficult to deal with but they don't typically go THAT far, at least I hope not.

>6min into possum
>williamsburg guitar breakdown
>spinks
great record desu