/daily/- Daily Sloththththt Discussion

It's the 20st of June

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, eat pizza, don't crap a castle, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters
topsters.net/
>also working (but for how long?)

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>new plug.dj room now that it appears to work again

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension of bad choices and silent regret (aka "taste")

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.
>ha skype oh wow

previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

dierksimus.bandcamp.com/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/indonesia___bali___golden_rain/
mega.nz/#!LoQWALxQ!TIc0EkqBahqSj3DqQHtRAvgZrKUyWH1BUfSZe0SZSCw
imgur.com/a/7rvuG
imgur.com/a/T8Uc8
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/judy_mayhan/folk_songs_of_old_eire___with_dulcimer_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/gil_shaham___paul_meyer___jian_wang___myung_whun_chung/quatuor_pour_la_fin_du_temps/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65713212#p65727491
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Free at last

Free for all

for the slohths

WHAT IS THIS SHIT
WHERE /PIG/

pig is dead
slohth now

Is topsters2's jpg/png download not working for anyone else, or just for me?

/pig/ is inferior

hey y'all, rec me stuff for a tourney please and thank you. no theme

hey co, i was meaning to ask you something about the house genre
you've gotten me so into it now, especially Delroy Edward's material. I guess i was just wondering if you knew what sparked the inspiration for house and generally what it tries to accomplish. Anything worthy of noting would be cool to hear from you too.

Joe Harriott - Hum Dono

get this out of here

Pretty objectively garbage animal 2bh

Also In Rainbows first impressions coming in 42mins

is there a topsters equivalent for kino, because if not im gonna make a chart of that and ask you guys for recs anyways, someday soonish

i do

Hey guys, I'm currently getting the lyrics from all tracks and "in between" parts on tracks 3 and 7 translated by some guy on Reddit for 98.12.28. He says he'll be done by Sunday. Who /hype/?

98.12.28 by Fishmans

that's awesome Fish!

hype meter in the same yellowy orange as Shinjis face

me me me
also do one of my 10's first on your chart (Compulsion, Conference of the Birds, Dialoghi)

The United States of America - s/t

Yee. Dude seemed pretty cool, but idk what I'd pay him or how long it would take, so we'll see I guess.

I'll do compulsion after I'm done with what I'm doing now.

dierksimus.bandcamp.com/

HYPE

nonesuch explorer series- indonesia bali golden rain
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/indonesia___bali___golden_rain/

Hey man, do you know any link for a DVD rip of this concert

House music started in chicago warehouses, hence the name. I'm pretty sure it has black and gay origins (doesn't everything?), but it spread super quickly. Techno is a derivative sort of thing (I think, don't quote me on that) but definitely from Detroit.

House music is not strictly the same as techno, but they aren't nearly as disparate as their fans would like you to believe. As far as I know, there are some average BPM differences and the only hard difference is house has a kick beat on every whole beat while techno is every half beat (or every other beat and every beat, respectively). There are of course lots of small stylistic differences.

House mainly goes for a dance vibe, and playing to stereotypes, usually is accompanied by some melody, vocal or otherwise. Techno is usually darker, more beat-focused, and much more textural. Both work to make sonic sculptures over their respective beat templates, but that might be giving them too much credit.

Glad to enjoyed Delroy Edwards btw

That's a sick cover yo

I uploaded this a while ago, let me know if this works or not:
mega.nz/#!LoQWALxQ!TIc0EkqBahqSj3DqQHtRAvgZrKUyWH1BUfSZe0SZSCw

Who's your favorite director, /blog/?

OMG! It's the full concert?

1/2 way done. limit of 16

I hype. Do you know what they're chanting in Oh Slime's ending and Long Season Pt. 3?

Aporea - Na rekah Vavilonskih

>mfw I had a 1000+ character response all typed out when Flash decided to crash and now it's all lost forever

Fuck Adobe man, I'll type out another in a bit, Bear

>Both work to make sonic sculptures over their respective beat templates, but that might be giving them too much credit.
now THIS is interesting. If i could ask you what you would consider to be House's greatest contribution to the world of music and it's progression, what would you say that was? Namely, what do you feel you have benefited from listening to it? Do you even feel that it's greatest potential has been realised? (e.g. have artists pushed it to the utmost extremes it can go?)

Keiji Haino - I Said This is the Son of Nihilism

Oh nvm it pasted after all. Phew. Nearly punched a hole in my monitor there.

I haven't listened to diddly shit yet. Only probably a dozen releases. I couldn't possibly answer that.

Techno, though, I'm far more interested in, especially minimal techno. I'll give it some thought.

yeah. The DVD came with two discs, but I'm pretty sure they're just different formats.

Again, let me know if the link works correctly, I've never ripped a DVD before.

No clue what they say on Oh! Slime, but hopefully we'll find out soon! I don't know what you're talking about on Long Season pt. 3. Do you mean the lyrics to the full song, because those are already translated.

The thing that sounds like GET LOST EACH SEASON after the nice drums part in the live version.

freaking sideways pics shake my dang head

Alright, review inc. I was short on time today/lazy this weekend, so these are pretty short. Some of them are even criminally short. I may elaborate on a few tomorrow.

>>Friday “”Reviews””

>J-Zbel - How I Made My Mom and Sis My Sexbot Slaves 7”
Probably the best thing about this is the title, but that is one of the best titles ever, so even though the music can’t live up to it, it’s still cool. It’s a beautiful mess of sweet techno, scattered breakbeats, chopped samples, and wavering synth washes.
>7/10

>J-Zbel - Hyena Sticks Head in Elephants Butt EP
Much of the same but not as concentrated and with some unnecessary trap and dubstep influences.
>5/10

>Minutemen - What Makes a Man Start Fires?
Excellent mix of hardcore punk and more sophisticated post-punk and noise rock. The lyrics range from comical to savage.
>7/10

>Ruth Garbus - Joule EP
Halfhearted, sweet, female-vocal indie pop/contemporary folk. Pleasant, but not particularly impressive.
>6/10

I'm downloading the concert, my internet is slow so it will took an hour to download it. ;__;

>Tzusing - A Name Out of Place Pt. II
Another amazing release from the L.I.E.S. label, A Name Out of Place Pt. II contains the music super villains play to mind control the helpless citizens. The beats on every track just kill. Track two though, “Frankincense and Myrrh” has one of the hardest (and I often resist using that word) techno beats I have ever heard. Raw harsh noise passages puncture the track periodically. The air raid sirens at the end might be a bit corny, but they fit the atmosphere all too well.
>8/10

>Minutemen - Paranoid Time EP
>Minutemen - Joy EP
Pretty similar desu, but Paranoid Time is a bit thinner-sounding, and Joy far shorter and darker. Overall I narrowly enjoy Joy more, but they’re both interesting just as solid early works of the Minutemen.
>both get 6/10

They're saying "get around in the season"

I actually uploaded the lyric inserts from the vinyl on imgur: imgur.com/a/7rvuG

maybe I should upload it as a zip file? That would probably still take an hour or so, though. Thanks by the way.

Sweet, thanks for your insight anyways house bro

giving boy who do you think got this get

>>Monday “Reviews”

>Minutemen - The Punch Line
More crass than their later more sophisticated releases and much more standard hardcore punk fare, although the general second half of the album sees a few more interesting tracks. New favorite album cover tho.
>6/10

>Tzusing - A Name Out of Place, Pt. I
Not really sure why Tzusing is making a series out of it, because this hardly sounds like part 2. This one’s just generic-ish techno but you can kind of get a handle on Tzusing’s style: heavy, distorted, noisy beats and pitch-shifting trickery.
>5/10

>The Last Forty Seconds - s/t
Decent to unremarkable screamo. A bit too one-note for my taste, and it's also an example of what happens when your band is comprised of a rhythm guitarist, rhythm bassist, stop-start vocalist, and drumming. The whole thing moves in lock step and loses some feeling.
>4/10

>The Last Forty Seconds / Sundowner - Split 7"
Well I figured I might as well finish off the Last Forty Seconds discography with their only other release, a split single shared with another screamo band called Sundowner.

Sundowner further highlights the weaknesses of Last Forty Seconds' sound, but I suppose each has their own strengths.
>4/10

That's some nice packaging.

>Lata Ramasar - The Greatest Name That Lives 7"
Traditional folk tunes ported to a minimal synth and disco framework with some wacked out singing

As far as execution goes, the single delivers two weird (in the sort of cheerfully demented 'outsider artist weird' sort of way) and catchy tracks. The title track is dedicated to her mother, which is pretty adorable, while the second seems to be a more straightforward dance-intentioned track. The whole thing is mad janky, but not for any lack of character.

I'd like to hear some more backstory about this, but it's apparently shrouded in mystery and original copies go for over $600 on discogs. It's unclear whether Lata Ramasar is from the Caribbean or India. Weirdly antipodal, right?
>6/10

>Bastro & Codeine - A L'ombre de Nouse / Produkt 7"
A single-track-each split single for Sub Pop of post rock and noise rock.

"A L'ombre de Nouse" is fairly straightforward: 4 and 1/2 min of haunting piano organ balladry incorporating bits of musique concrete or drumming (whichever is producing a dull heart beat in the background) and dreary french nearly-spoken singing.

Codeine's track is a weird medley of lots of different shit.

It starts off with a furious hardcore punk excursion, hitting a dead stop before resuming with a louder, noisier riff on the same theme. Then slowcore for a minute. Then back to punk, but a bit artsier, for another minute before a fade out, followed by a fade in to a slightly longer slowcore bit. Fade. A different slowcore bit? Much more experimental, with twangy slinky guitars and what sounds like simple hand drumming.

What a ride, but overall not that much worth hearing.
>5/10

It's 4 LPs, so it better be xP

I hope they reissue it for an anniversary thing in a couple years so people can have it outside of scavenging for a rare box set

DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS!

>American Music Club - United Kingdom
While I'm on a Scaruffi-core roll with Minutemen, might as well give the rest of the AMC discography a shot.

Mark Eitzel's breathy, kind of whiny, and very baritone vocals take center stage for most everything this band has ever done, but it's worth noting that the rest of the band never slacks off. Lots of interesting alt country on here, and it’s just as worth a listen as their first album is.
>7/10

>Celina y Reutilio - A Santa Barbara
Compositions based on Cuban folksongs. Pretty stuff, and fantastic singing.
>7/10

And finally

>Reinbert de Leeuw - Erik Satie: Gnossiennes; GymnopÈdies; Ogives; Trois arabandes; Petite ouverture ‡ danser
Wow now I want to kill myself. Or at least drown myself in wine as I cry in a ball in front of the wood stove. Eminently potent and superbly simple, these pieces can make you hopeful and depressed like no other. Wow.
>10/10

DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS!

Kurt Cobain

Also nice dubs

So I looked up that label finally and apparently their niche is in outsider house. I now know which subgenre of Deep House I find myself mostly drawn to and can start my journey there.

I guess the whole lo-fi aspect and DIY scene really speaks to me. I haven't been this excited by a genre discovery in a while

DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS!

And because topster2 is borked, here's a lazy screenshot edit chart with a cool new theme that doesn't kill your eyeballs

Outsider house is pretty broad though, and I wouldn't necessarily call it a subgenera of deep house. I also wouldn't get your hopes up too high, but the highly-rated releases on RYM are indeed very worth it. As you can see from my reviews, I was a huge fan of that Tzusing EP

I live for those rare gems, thanks for the heads up (and overall key to this amazing genre I would have otherwise overlooked)

>Overlooking the entirety of house music
Pretty wew, not gonna lie

No problem though

Radiohead - In Rainbows (1st impressions)
This started out very strong (was picturing giving it an 8+) until about the 4th or 5th track. I feel it relies too much on repetitive hooks and it feels too perfect and clean for my likeness. Lyrics aren't bad but nothing to write home about.

DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS!

why didn't you like public castration very much

what is the context of this picture

oh and DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS

Glad you liked that Satie so much, I may find myself raising it to a 10 some day soon.

Replayability, mostly. I can't see myself listening to this record more than 2-3 times.
It's heavy and intense Swans but I'd be lying if I said I loved it. Still, I see it's merit and think it's a strong force in their live sets, and a great timepiece from the early days of Swans.

definitely revist that
my ratings for it went from a 6 to a 4 to a 7+
also do the bends

DRIVE SAFE FISHMANS!
also i got your rec, i've actually been meaning to listen to it for a while, thanks!

yo comet would a 12 minute song be good for the tourney rec? if so, do lil ugly mane - uneven compromise

de Leeuw's performance on that album is INCREDIBLE. Which one was your favorite?

Ah shit I fucked up two of the ratings in the pic. Way too tired for this shit. Night daily.

Tomorrow I listen to Swans and maybe some trad.

And here's the updated pic

Gymnopédies for sure, but Gnossiennes was also really really beautiful, and they're pretty similar-sounding pieces. Ogives was probably consistently the best throughout its 4 parts though. It's super hard to choose.

sure, I've heard good things about it

5 more

SOPHIE - Product

Once upon a time I went to get high-quality scans of the covers from the rock festival, which can all be found here: imgur.com/a/T8Uc8

And on the drive to scanning place I didn't want my records to be broken, thus the seat belt

wew!

Bill Evans and Jim Hall- Undercurrent

>haha oh wow lol
>classic brown loaf
>musical abortions
>burgoise pig
>angery dog
>yellow comics
>possum
How can one man be so responsible for nearly half of the general's culture?

non-stop, mind-shattering shitposting
I try though
I force sondre and pic related all the time

Ooh, Bill Evans. This should be good.

hello snabbo

could someone post the latest version of the thrift store tourney?

new thing

World- Why Who What
>noise-grind
the only album i've been able to find that is in the same vein as Insect Warfare's NOISE GRIND POWER DEATH. everything else is too slow, or without structure. sad that it's only 4 minutes. very highly recommended to fans of Sissy Spacek, Insect Warfare, or Deep Jew.

the Hospitals- hairdryer peace
>noise rock
a couple of really great songs with colossal amounts of fuzz, but most of it was just short of getting really great.

Big Freedia- Just Be Free
>bounce
it seems most bounce records have a couple of really fucking banging tunes, and the rest varies from weak to unlistenable. while I didn't find anything here downright ghastly, it could still be watered down to the track "Explode" and be better for it.

can I rec you sumthin you might enjoy?
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/judy_mayhan/folk_songs_of_old_eire___with_dulcimer_/

also do you like PE at all? jes wonderin cause I know you like Even Oxen's stuff and you mentioned Sissy Spacek

>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/judy_mayhan/folk_songs_of_old_eire___with_dulcimer_/
i'll try it out, thanks
>also do you like PE at all? jes wonderin cause I know you like Even Oxen's stuff and you mentioned Sissy Spacek
you know, I spent an hour going through stuff on youtube (almost all under 20 minute long releases and all with black and white covers) but it just doesn't click with me usually- it's too fucking slow most of the time. I swear, insect warfare has spoiled me.

>but it just doesn't click with me usually
:c

holy fuck are you kidding me
insect warfare is going to reunite and play a show in july
but it's in fucking CZECH REPUBLIC
WHY
melt banana even follows them on the schedule
w h y
l i v e

if not for school, I would seriously consider the transatlantic flight

requesting the /daily/ man OP pic with hampus

Be more specific, there are a few with him.

also Dogwander what was the album that you recd for the tourney

Neil Young Dead Man
like pic but less shite

I got you, I made it (at least some of it) :' )

It's beautiful

ATTN
RUDI
ERUDITEY
SANDER
KANKER

I have rec and u have to see.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/gil_shaham___paul_meyer___jian_wang___myung_whun_chung/quatuor_pour_la_fin_du_temps/

Please pick long dog

Listen to Buzz or Howl under the influence of heat if you want a great short minutemen ep

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S65713212#p65727491

Hey no shouting! Seen tho, I'll figure out which 6 I'll have in my tourney once I get out of bed.

>angery dog
You mean The Angriest Dog in the World? He's not as big as I'd like tbqh.

Aphex Twin - SAW '85-'92
Yeah I mean, it's good, but the songs quite often drag for far too long, enough to outstay their welcome
IMO Druqks is a way better album, it's more dynamic
I see this being really good study music, it's something I will return to

United States of America - United States of America
It's a serviceable psych-rock album
good to hear the female vocals, added some nice texture to the vocals
Don't really have much to say about this one, must've knocked peoples faces off in the late 60s