Anyone know a VST plugin that sounds like it's underwater...

Anyone know a VST plugin that sounds like it's underwater? I've got this cool electric piano riff that I wanna record with an effect like that. If it helps, I've currently got Cubase LE AI Elements 8 if it helps. It came with the mixer I bought. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1fmC5u1IxQe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Sorry not sure how to help you out buddy, best of luck.

That was the oceangrunge general picture, never forget

Bump

Get sugar bytes Turnado bruh.

I'll check it out. Thanks. Have any settings to use or are the presets alright?

sidechaining :v)

Low pass filter with a wet reverb with low feedback and low reflections.

Otherwise, I'd put a speaker in a box and put that in a fish tank and play what you want to affect and mic that either with a condenser or a contact mic

>Low pass filter with a wet reverb with low feedback and low reflections.
Thanks. How would I do that. I'm fairly new to recording.

Low pass filter + reverb.

Thanks but if you could give a few more details on how to do that I would be very grateful.

If you have an EQ, start pulling down the higher frequencies so that it sounds more muffled

Pic related is a ridiculously basic EQ. I've attenuated the frequencies toward the high end (though whatever you're affecting, you'll want to listen to make sure that it sounds right, obv). Yours might have a similar shape for achieving one part of the overall effect that you're after

what DAW do u use?

Cubase. It's a kind of basic version though.

It has most things however and whatever I don't have, I could easily pirate.

Thanks. I'll try it out on a demo I have. I'll report back.

Ok. Here's what the EQ looks like. I didn't bother to crop but that's ok I guess.

Yeah, that's cutting the low end pretty heavily and boosting the mids and highs just a touch. Go for the opposite and mess around until it starts sounding muffly, then send the output of that into the input of a reverb

Also, just a tip: unless they're aware, people generally don't hear changes in volume that are

Alright cool. Nice trips by the way. What settings would you recommend on the reverb?
Cool thanks.

It worked alright. Thanks. It would be neat to add some kind of plugin though.

Low feedback, so that it doesn't keep repeating the reflections. High reflections would make it sound echoey. Think about how things sound underwater, though. They're muffled and the sound sludges around your ears through the water rather than the air, so there's no real room sound, per se.

Though, another characteristic of reverb is that it diminishes the quality of the source signal (your recording) with every reflection it hits. You want that diminished quality because things travelling through water don't sound crisp and clear. You usually have just enough of the sound to make out what it is that you're hearing

Uh, doesn't the DAW you're using have built-in filters?
It should have built-in Reverb and Chorus too.

Here's the default reverb settings.

Hm, that's rather basic...
Mix should be your Wet/Dry knob, and Diffusion should control reflections. Try doing what [spoiler][/spoiler] said.

Nice. Now fuck around with it until it sounds kind of like being underwater and then post what you have on Vocaroo for Sup Forums to judge

Alright give me a minute. This shit is pretty basic. I'll test it out on the vocals this is a random song recorded a little while back. Give me a few minutes.

Bump. About to upload. Sounds more like a bathroom idk.

Here it is:
vocaroo.com/i/s1fmC5u1IxQe

Pic is the settings used.

bump

damn. i'll try bumping again.

creativity vst
just kidding
try chorus, a filter, some reverb, and fuck around with the eq

That's the result of messing around with reverb a bit. Let me know what you think.

it doesn't sound wet enough
that's kinda the key here if you are going for underwater
really really exaggerate it

What would you say I should turn up more?