Who is the best musician? My friend says that Freddie Mercury did more emotional things and because of that...

Who is the best musician? My friend says that Freddie Mercury did more emotional things and because of that, he is better than Bowie.

>more emotional things
>Bowie literally made an album about his inevitable death 2 days before he died
>implying anyone can get more emotional than that

Your friend is an idiot

Fred had the emotional range of a used condom.

It's honestly upsetting to me that people can think the way your friend does. I'm not exaggerating.

Bowie.

Fuck me it's not even close

I mean to be fair Freddie Mercury also did an emotional farewell album while fighting a terminal illness too but I get what you're saying

Queen is literally garbage, dont even compare them

your friend is 1000% wrong, bowie was undoubtedly the better musician, but freddie was good too... it's a shame he died so young. innuendo is one of my favorites from him.

you're gonna be upset your entire life if you take what people think to heart famalam

Freddie was more charismatic on stage and played much better to the audience. Your friend is probably referencing Queen's "Live Aid"performance which is considered by many to be the greatest live performance of modern times.

The problem with Mercury was that his music was too bombastic, and while that isn't always a bad thing it does lead to less emotional involvement. Weird your friend would say that. I do like some Queen songs but they do not sound as heartfelt as "Heroes" or "Ashes to Ashes"

too bad he didn't use one

>no one talking about the filename

I laff'd

>bowie
>musician

lol no. he was a songwriter, a producer and performance artist. not a musician. the man could play the d chord, c chord, and the a minor chord

u n d e r r a t e d

Wow Blackstar was made in a day?!
A day that was 2 days before his death?!?!
WOW

thanks user

Oy fuck off

queen is for fans of le real music unlike gayne fish west
bowie is way better obviously lmao

(You)

Your own musical preferences must be cast aside when it comes to pin-pointing THE ultimate band of the last 35 years. So when it comes to musicmanship, influence, mass appeal, musical milestones and overall enjoyability, no other band stands a chance against Queen. What other band do you know of that's managed to top the charts with a six minute fusion of rock and opera in one decade, a disco anthem in another, host an all-star tribute to it's key member in another, AND have a musical that's a worldwide success in yet another? Their list of achievements is staggering and the amount of artists - both in the rock and electronic genres - that they've influenced is equally as awe-inspiring. Unlike The Beatles, their music appeals to both eight and eighty year olds. Unlike Elvis, their music is still fashionable to crank in your car... and unlike Michael Jackson, they've retained their respectability over the decades.

Top that...

I mean freddie is a good singer and all but Bowie's on a whole different level. It's silly to even try to compare them.

I've accepted this fact. I'll likely be upset for my whole life anyway desu

this is a pasta right?

?

nah

Freddie's a better singer but that's about it. Bowie even trumps him on the front-man angle, IMO.

What does this meme mean?

Queen are a great band but are pretty inconsistent. The only period of their career I'd say was consistently perfect was 1973-1976. Bowie however managed to put out consistently dazzling work from 1970-1983 and 2002-2016 with almost no missteps

i think freddie mercury is a better singer because honestly bowie is just not a very good one, but i like david bowies music a lot more and he surrounds himself with good people and just generally in my opinion makes music that is more interesting.