ITT: Musicians who are respected and considered "cool" but don't actually have any talent

ITT: Musicians who are respected and considered "cool" but don't actually have any talent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ou_E6ZWo-mA
youtube.com/watch?v=dOsmG-sufNc
youtube.com/watch?v=HVEeBDc8P-M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When did Peter Cushing get all those body tats?

mc ride

kek
noice b80 m80

t. meme grips fanboy

all that yelling probably requires SOME talent

As if anybody here knows who the fuck Peter Cushing is?

Every memerapper

THESE

you're a pleb

Travis Barker is a legitimately good drummer, though.

He's hardly an obscure figure, but here's a picture for everyone anyway

Pic not related right?

literally who

I'm not sure how anybody could deny this

Wasn't Peter Cushing one of the doctors from doctor who or something?

Pretty spot on, actually

This faggot

He was one of the main villains in the original Star Wars. That's probably his most recognizable role.

I don't think people think he's "cool". The talent thing may be true tho'.

>deleted his picture because he got it from tumblr

lmao

Bilinda Butcher
Bez (from Happy Mondays)
Rachel Goswell
The scratch DJ guy from Incubus

holy shit somebody fucking said it

Grimes

>respected
By whom? 15 year olds and people who will forever remain 15 in their heads?

Compared to what? Someone who doesn't play drums? He's a competent drummer and plays in the pocket...but if you watch any of his actual solos or remixes or even pay attention to his drumming style you realize hes mediocre and really sloppy. It does not take much to be a competent punk drummer.

He's hyped up by people who don't actually know anything about drumming because hes on tv. It's annoying, please stop.

Plus, he s a complete asshole.

/thread

All musicians because talent isn't real.

well, he's certainly hip in certain circles (or was 2/3 years ago), probably not that much around hot topic

No
youtube.com/watch?v=ou_E6ZWo-mA

pic related

image.jpg is the shittiest drummer ever!

Because when I think QOTSA, the first thing that comes to mind is "amazing drumming" right? Fuck off kiddo.

First three don't even need talent for what they do in their bands, so I don't really know how can you tell. They are all competent at what they do tho and Bilinda's guitar playing isn't that standard apart from certain genre, so while she may not be _talented_ (whatever that actually means - please explain), her playing along with Shields has been absolutely crucial for codifying shoegaze swirling technique.

Reason I didn't mentioned Incubus is that nobody cares.

>competent punk drummer.

Except he started off as the drummer for the Aquabats.

right because drumming needs to be constant technical noodlewank in order to be good

I mean so was Buddy Rich.
A lot of popular drummers aren't great. Whatshisface from Metallica comes to mind.

>her playing along with Shields has been absolutely crucial for codifying shoegaze swirling technique.

Holy shit. I'm crying.

that doesn't mute my point at all

I'm just saying that Grohl's drumming is not particularly noteworthy.

I dont like blink 182, but saying travis barker doesnt have talent just shows you dont play drums

well yeah I agree it's nothing too special and it pisses me off whenever I see people consider him as one of the best drummers ever

my point is it's good enough to prove that he has talent

All these guitar "virtuosos" whose claim to fame come from wanking scales up and down real fast.

>has not heard this

Yeah, Grand Moff Tarkin. In fact, he was the original villain before he died off.

that's too bad, you should hold your tears for more important stuff.

That being said what exactly do you disagree with? I want to know.

Not him but MBV is Kevin Shields, nothing more and nothing less. Bilinda has a nice warming voice, that's all.

Don't deny that this is cool though

youtube.com/watch?v=dOsmG-sufNc

These ones

Kurt Cobain

Nah, he may be a meme now, and be the front man for a band that plays somewhat generic rock music, hes still pretty talented.

Bilinda Butcher is eye candy holding a guitar. When I saw MBV live I don't think her guitar was even plugged in.

Every single rapper, particularly Kanye West.

The only retort to this is "were u born in le wrong generation xD", which implies you have to be a dadrocker to not enjoy Kanye West.

>Bono's golden pipes not talent

I can't believe anyone would still think this guy is cool let alone kids who are younger than me actually listening to blink 182 in the year of our lord 2016.

lmao

look I'm not saying Shields couldn't pick up some other girl from his hometown and teach her few techniques. I'm saying that in this reality when Bilinda is that girl she's the focal figure in the shoegaze genre regardless of whether or not she has any actual talent (tho as I said previously I'm not really sure what's the other guy definition of that word is and that would help the discussion).

When I saw MBV live, I knew all the guitar were plugged in cause they all sounded that terrible :^)

I'm overexaggerating but sound was seriously messed up, I recognized Only Shallow after like 15 whole seconds

He has talent, but he should only using it for drumming with QOTSA/Josh Homme.

hes a talented lyricist but he disappeared up his own arse a few years ago

lol I thought that was MGK at first

This cutie*

This. He is genuinely a borderline god-tier rock drummer, but his singing/guitar/songwriting (ie most of his musical career) is unbelievably mediocre.

Oh wew.
I kinda want to hear your example of a talented musician then

>YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

>Golden pipes

That post didn't even make any sense. Just because the lyrical content is pretty mediocre doesn't make him a bad singer.

that's literally what a virtuoso at any musical instrument does

"virtuosos" like Joe Satriani etc are extremely talented musicians even if you are annoyed that you don't have the discipline/talent to play like them

That picture reminds me of how a 12 year old would act if they became a rockstar.

not that guy, but I don't see that much talent in there just enormous amount of practice

Holy fuck he looks like a cancer patient. If it weren't for the tattoos I wouldn't have even recognised him.

I agree, I really like his drumming on this album

you're saying this isn't good?
youtube.com/watch?v=HVEeBDc8P-M

was he considered cool back when he was popular?

dave grohl has so much talent but somehow i don't give a shit about most of the music he writes. he peaked when he wrote"everlong"

that's what it takes to play an instrument. I'm sure Miles Davis practiced the shit out of trumpet

I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people with the aptitude/talent of Stevie Ray Vaughan, but if they don't pay the dues and practice they won't ever be 'good'

Flavor Flav.

I can't respect Public Enemy as a duo act because of this nigga.

I hope you're joking

He played "Doctor Who" in some spin-off films. He's a celebrated part of the franchise, but not a canon Doctor

Come on, did you really have to post buddy? Like you're one of those jerkoffs that's like "so and so sucks the best drummers are 1. Buddy Rich, 2. ???" Like I don't disagree with you but like come on man

He may not be so bad, but blink went from okay to bad when he joined them

What the hell does he do again?

who gave these fuckers a grammy

all artists in history except joanna newsom

Ben stiller

Fred Durst fucking sucked but you have to admit that the bass player and drummer of Limp Bizkit were pretty fucking good. Sad this whiny faggot's voice ruined it.

>Musicians who are respected and considered "cool"
many people are forgetting this part

Sweden is such a corny fucking shithole of a country. No class or taste whatsoever.

well for one thing, he goes off the rails on a crazy train

i kek'd

>Every single rapper

Get the fuck out, I'm with you on the Kanye part but what the fuck. Go fuck a goat fucking stone fucker

Honestly, Limp Bizkit had potential to be a pretty good band because Wes Borland was at least proficient at guitar. The only weak link was Fred.

>everyone posted is a white guy

Figures.

Nigger

This for sure famalan

His only talent was making sure no one realised Cale was the true genius behind TVU. Massive hack.